Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    A problem I get when nobody responds to my posts right away is this feeling like I am so utterly annoying that everybody decided to ignore me…
    Then I get so happy when I see somebody quoted one of my posts, because then I know somebody cares…

Weird, I know…
    We like reassurance. It'll never go away, but you'll learn to provide it for yourself more.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Starry liked this post

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    We like reassurance. It'll never go away, but you'll learn to provide it for yourself more.
    Thank you, kind woman…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Default Dear EFP 4w5... Dear ETP 5w4...

Nothing new here to see...I just posted this in a different thread and may want to comment on it more in the future (and of course I'll never find it again in the other place.)

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Well, if you actually read Jung...then it's not merely 4w5 I take issue with... This new information certainly calls ENFP into question as well .

e7 is so misunderstood. It's all them happy-assed social doms w/their 2 fixes (totally kidding Chanaynay) and the I-can't-stop-myself-from-being-inhumanly-charming ExTPs that ruin 7 for us. And those for-shit descriptions... I swear, if I have to read the name 'Robbin Williams' one more time someone's getting an angry letter from me that they won't be able to understand.

NFPs feel. That's what we do. We feel and we feel with great intensity. Everything's big...big love, big sadness, big joy, big hatred. I mean, I remember a conversation I had with a 5w4...where this individual expressed to me that they knew they were feeling something about something...but just couldn't figure out what that was. And I was like WTF? My feelings are like freakin entities in the same room with me.

I think it's gravely misinformed to think of e7s as only wanting to avoid pain. 'Pain' should be replaced with 'intensity of feeling' as I know many 7s that will deny/minimize their joy as well...it is just a bit more difficult to tell in such instances due to, again, how intensely we actually feel (our joy is most often welcomed by others...but I doubt we received a lot of positive reinforcement in our formative years when we unleashed our intensity of anger or sadness.) The more extroverted among us...those who's feelings are more likely to spill-out for others to see...Yes, I think these guys had to take a more hard-lined approach. Happiness = good; Pain = bad. The more introverted 7 though... now, we can entertain a little more feeling as it is a little easier for us to keep it hidden. We have the luxury of enjoying all those emo-NFP things like...watching and even discussing afterwards Hotel Rwanda for example, relating to wood, writing poetry while drunk that someone could use as blackmail against you... But Ne dominance is Ne dominance. We aren't avoiding 'intensity of feeling' because we fear feeling... we avoid it because it blocks access to what we really fear (not having access to.)

What do you fear Stephano? Aside from 'the basics' that all humans fear...what would be the worst thing to have happen in your world?

Introverted 7s reject e7 because they believe they are far more deep and intellectual and comfortable with pain (unlike those 'superficial 7s'.) When you start to look more closely into it however, you start to see that the more introverted 7 is merely entertaining 'safe pains.' Heartache is generally the most popular 'safe pain'...or scratching the surface of authentic pain...by coming through the back-door (through art and an awareness of the human condition.)

*whoops I forgot to say...I could out 'romantic' and 'impractical' you any day. That is my promise to you.
    Walk first through the fire.

*Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I seriously think I'm an e5...

I seriously know you're not.

I feel that I may be too caught up in endlessly planning for a better future. I don't enjoy here and now like I would like to...

Okay, one of my favorite ENFPeanuts...

I had to take this out of yeghor's thread as he appears to be somewhat challenged by posts/posters trying their very best to be on-topic while he's making his *INFJ moonshine* so I'm going to go ahead and guess that anything having to do with "enneagram seven" would be most unwelcome.

Your most recent response to me quoted above... are you using that as evidence for why you suspect you are a 5? I'm honestly confused as it doesn't get much more e7 than what you wrote... Help me understand what is causing you doubt if that is indeed what is (still) occurring...

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Okay, one of my favorite ENFPeanuts...

I had to take this out of yeghor's thread as he appears to be somewhat challenged by posts/posters trying their very best to be on-topic while he's making his *INFJ moonshine* so I'm going to go ahead and guess that anything having to do with "enneagram seven" would be most unwelcome.

Your most recent response to me quoted above... are you using that as evidence for why you suspect you are a 5? I'm honestly confused as it doesn't get much more e7 than what you wrote... Help me understand what is causing you doubt if that is indeed what is (still) occurring...
    I just look at 7s and they seem so happy and active, while I just sit back quietly and observe the world and plan accordingly. I am also super socially awkward. Aren't 7s social butterflies?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

All I knew and all I believed,
    are crumbling images
    that no longer comfort me.
    I scramble to reach higher ground,
    Order and sanity,
    Something to comfort me.

Soon the water will come
    and claim what is mine.
    I must leave it behind,
    and climb to a new place now.

This ground
    Is not the rock I thought it to be.

Thought I was high.
    Thought I was free.
    Thought I was there.
    Divine Destiny.

I was wrong.

This
    Changes
    EVERYTHING

The water is rising up on me.
    Thought the sun would come deliver me,
    but the truth has come to punish me instead.

-Flood

automatically entitled to Life becoming what I wanted it to be.

Then Life decided to show me who was really in charge.
    I don't think there's a lesson I keep learning, and forgetting, being humbled, learning, and forgetting more than the above.

"We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

I feel like my whole life has been trying to square this circle:

Knight of Wands

CHARMING……….SUPERFICIAL
    SELF-CONFIDENT……….COCKY
    DARING……….FOOLHARDY
    ADVENTUROUS……….RESTLESS
    PASSIONATE……….HOT-TEMPERED
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I just look at 7s and they seem so happy and active, while I just sit back quietly and observe the world and plan accordingly. I am also super socially awkward. Aren't 7s social butterflies?

One of the things you must remember MQ...is the 7 description is attempting to cover a lot of ground in a few paragraphs (or even a few pages.) IOW most of them are trying to encompass two very different wings...3 variants, 6 stacks...a variety of personality types... and yah, unfortunately, they just don't get down to the level of e7 ENFP so/sp currently dealing with so many Life challenges that would lay-flat most them happy-assed e7s as commonly described. But they exist...and I know this because I've been one of them. I am one of them.

I started this thread for you actually if you remember. I don't worry about e7s that had an easy time identifying e7 as their type. Why? <-If this is so then what do we know of them? Well, that they're fuckin happy and will most likely remain uninterested...seeing it as completely unnecessary... in all aspects of e7 pathways to health/integration. The thing I find so frustrating about e7 and the e7 core issues... is at the precise moment an e7 absolutely needs to understand they are e7 like never before...that is exactly when they will reject 7 in favor of 4 and 5 and 6.

The pathways towards health for 4, 5 and 6...will never help you...nor will they help the mind-numbing number of e7 mistypes.

Contrary to everything you have read and observed... there are in existence iNtuitive e7s with a very anxious, paranoid and hyper-active 6-wing (they're not all connected-Sensor 7s with a strong 8 wing.) There are a good deal of happy-assed, social-butterfly 7s that are merely acting out of a need to feed the core fear. Sometimes these 7s are even consciously aware on some level that they are doing this. But more importantly, there are socially-awkward 7s. And (you might want to sit down for this actually...) 7s can and do become depressed. Will they then still know they are 7s?

but I promise you MQ...e7s can become depressed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I don't think there's a lesson I keep learning, and forgetting, being humbled, learning, and forgetting more than the above.

Absolutely amazing post johnnyyukon. I even got emotional at a few points (do you know my first hit from you was that you had the power and level of honesty to be a writer...the kind of writer I feel we need more of for a certain kind of impact I feel we need more of haha...I'm sure I'm not making sense.)

The above quote...I swear...that is exactly why 7s need to understand they are 7s. It's not even 'pathways to health'...hell...if you can just keep yourself from sliding back into...*optimistic/entitled delusion*...that's all the e7 understanding you need. And yes...I'm right there with you.

It's so nice to have you here mr. yukon.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

I think I'm going to make my avatar bigger. And yes, I'm writing that here as I can't be off-topic in my own thread...or at least I don't think...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

amazing. perfect Yukon.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison