First 38464748495058 Last

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

H.H. the Dalai Lama and the Bhudda seem very reasonable, although H.H.the Dalai Lama banned the worship of the minor diety Dorje Shugden in his area, and this seems very out of character for him. I'll admit, his record is otherwise pretty good...but why ban a religion? It seems to go against his principles.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    H.H. the Dalai Lama and the Bhudda seem very reasonable, although H.H.the Dalai Lama banned the worship of the minor diety Dorje Shugden in his area, and this seems very out of character for him. I'll admit, his record is otherwise pretty good...but why ban a religion? It seems to go against his principles.

I need to finish that story for you here soon but I need to be honest and tell you that I don't really remember where I was going with it haha. I mean, I had a definite point I wanted to make about...I believe detachment...which will cause a state of true observation and awareness/awake... and faith but I don't remember what it was. I also don't like the way I seem to contradict myself in my account some since so much time had passed I forgot how I was setting it up. Lastly, I was reading through old, old posts of mine on this forum...and sometimes I would read one that kinda creeped me out about myself ha. idk just every once and a while I would come across a post where I wasn't being myself or something. I'm also realizing that I'm just responding to you without having read what I quoted. I'm a bit scattered lately...
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes The Wailing Specter liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Oh and life is not necessarily only about suffering and death. There's more to it than that...
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I need to finish that story for you here soon but I need to be honest and tell you that I don't really remember where I was going with it haha. I mean, I had a definite point I wanted to make about...I believe detachment...which will cause a state of true observation and awareness/awake... and faith but I don't remember what it was. I also don't like the way I seem to contradict myself in my account some since so much time had passed I forgot how I was setting it up. Lastly, I was reading through old, old posts of mine on this forum...and sometimes I would read one that kinda creeped me out about myself ha. idk just every once and a while I would come across a post where I wasn't being myself or something. I'm also realizing that I'm just responding to you without having read what I quoted. I'm a bit scattered lately...
    I can be rather scattered at times as well, so it is really no problem.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I'll be honest and say I chew my fingernails like a beaver and I often have raw spots all over my hands because I'm constantly chewing the skin off. I don't know why I do this, but I catch myself doing it when my mind wanders.

The zen teacher today spoke of 3 kinds of distraction:
    Grasping: Wanting something to be true that is not true or wanting something present that is not present.
    Aggression: Wanting something gone or to not be true.
    Ignorance: Your mind drifts for no discernable reason.

I do all three, but the state of mund when I am chewing the skin off my hands is Ignorance.

I also am less compassionate than I would like to be. The other day, I saw a lizard and I was so enraged by its presence I crushed it with my boot. I didn't feel any better for crushing it. I'm not super agitated right now, but I can be very, very cruel for no rational reason.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

I'll be honest and say I chew my fingernails like a beaver and I often have raw spots all over my hands because I'm constantly chewing the skin off. I don't know why I do this, but I catch myself doing it when my mind wanders.

The zen teacher today spoke of 3 kinds of distraction:
    Grasping: Wanting something to be true that is not true or wanting something present that is not present.
    Aggression: Wanting something gone or to not be true.
    Ignorance: Your mind drifts for no discernable reason.

I do all three, but the state of mund when I am chewing the skin off my hands is Ignorance.

I also am less compassionate than I would like to be. The other day, I saw a lizard and I was so enraged by its presence I crushed it with my boot. I didn't feel any better for crushing it. I'm not super agitated right now, but I can be very, very cruel for no rational reason.

Ahhh...so beautiful.

Grasping, Aggression, Ignorance... these are strong in me as well. I feel heard by you and it brings me great happiness.

I want you to know that I believe in you. I always have.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

Seeing someone you love fall apart in front of you is so bizarre. Like watching the leaves fall on a Summer's Eve. What should be light and good is now becoming an endless plane of sand. You want to cry for them, feed their endless sorrow with tears. But this sand does not need your wind and storm to scatter. What they need is your shelter. For only they can plant and grow on their plans. You cannot do anything but stay, a stone and watch. Never too lead.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

@Starry
    I just did 10 minutes of the 20 minutes I intended to do Zen meditation tonight. I procrastinated all day because sitting still and clearing my mind is...boring...but still something I promised myself to do at least once a day for 20 minutes. Anyway, while I was sitting on my mat in my bathroom facing the wall and after a while, the thoughts in my mind slowed down a lot. I expected that. Eventually, I was almost a blank slate minus a stray thought here or there. All of the sudden, I started seeing dark patches on the wall that swelled up and I was blind. I stopped counting my breaths and panicked, and the blindness went away after about a quarter of a second.

What did I commit myself to?
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

@Starry
    I just did 10 minutes of the 20 minutes I intended to do Zen meditation tonight. I procrastinated all day because sitting still and clearing my mind is...boring...but still something I promised myself to do at least once a day for 20 minutes. Anyway, while I was sitting on my mat in my bathroom facing the wall and after a while, the thoughts in my mind slowed down a lot. I expected that. Eventually, I was almost a blank slate minus a stray thought here or there. All of the sudden, I started seeing dark patches on the wall that swelled up and I was blind. I stopped counting my breaths and panicked, and the blindness went away after about a quarter of a second.

It just sounds like you weren't quite breathing properly MQ. Likewise, you probably shouldn't meditate with your eyes open. Sight is just like any other sense in that it will stop sending signals to the brain once it has become use to a certain stimuli. Like, how your grandma's perfume makes you want to vomit for the first twenty minutes you spend with her but eventually you no longer really notice...the same goes for the wall you're staring at as you start to experience actual but not mechanical or dangerous blindness.

What did I commit myself to?

You committed yourself to no longer grasping, wrongly aggressing and being ignorant. You have committed yourself to no longer being blinded by positive outlook but rather wielding it like a sword.

And MQ...I just wanted you to know from that story...I lived.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور