Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Wailing Specter View Post
    The point of life seems to be to suffer and die.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    إرادة الله

^^Do you know what that means?

When I lived in Egypt I was on a bus headed back into Cairo from the Sinai region that broke down in the middle of the desert. As an American (the only American/Westerner on this luxury travel bus that I had paid a higher fare for just for the AC)...I did not think critically about the *new* situation I had just entered into but rather made American-styled assumptions with regards to what would happen next. IOW, I pulled out my book, leaned back in my comfy bus seat, hoped no one became pissed and/or disruptive at the driver and began waiting for the 'replacement bus' to arrive.

Now, my first clue that the 'replacement bus' was a figment of my imagination was not the fact that everyone had disembarked and while that had been going on some nice man had tapped me on my shoulder and gestured towards the front...and I smiled and gestured a wave communicating a silent but clear "oh no thanks, I'm good...I don't need to stretch my legs." No, my first clue...my first glimpse into the fact I was being overly optimistic (story of my life)...was when I noticed approx. 30 of my co-riders hop into the back of an oversized dump truck with their luggage and drive off. "What? Oh, I bet those people are on some sort of schedule." I lean back again.

By the time I figured-out in my positive outlook mind that something wasn't going the way I thought it was going to go and had finally wandered off the bus... I saw the last of the passengers including the bus driver hopping into someone's private vehicle/van that had pulled-over to the side of the road. And as the driver started to pull away while *my* former driver was still in the process of attempting to slide the side door of the van shut with so many people packed into it ... I screamed "Wait, what do I do to get home? How do I get back to Cairo?" And that was the last thing I heard...before the door was shut...the van drove off...and I was all alone in the blazing desert sun. إرادة الله

I don't know how long it took me in my positive outlook mind to accept...to grasp even that I was in a pretty fucked-up situation. What I didn't tell you earlier was on the way over to the Red Sea I had not secured a luxury tour bus. No, I was on a bus where people had like goats and chickens and things. And so when we had crossed a check-point they took my passport...made me disembark the bus and detained me and the entire bus which kinda made me feel bad but no one seemed to give a crap for like an hour while they did whatever they did to check me (I'm a white, American female that was travelling alone which is not cool and we were headed towards Israel so I seemed suspicious to them.) <-In my positive outlook mind the luxury tourbus was going to insure my safety in all the ways I had previously overlooked...and in the end it didn't even provide me with much shade to be honest (the doors had locked behind me when I had run off of it after its driver. The one with the useless "God's will" info.)

I know I stood and stared at my own shadow in the sand for...so long...until I heard the first car that passed approaching in the distance and I ran and then crept down to hide behind the bus tire.
    Through every forest, above the trees
    Within my stomach, scraped off my knees
    I drink the honey inside your hive
    You are the reason I stay alive

The Dark Lord Array The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

There is a Buddhist Sangha downtown. It is the only one in 250 miles and there are only a dozen people there, but I think I'll take up meditation and see what perspective they have on my problems. Worth a shot, anyway.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Well, I went to this saturday class. I'm the guy in the blue and white stripped shirt who is wearing glasses. I really don't feel any different after meditating 20 minutes with this Zen group. I got distracted a lot and felt like I was doing it wrong.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Well, I went to this saturday class. I'm the guy in the blue and white stripped shirt who is wearing glasses. I really don't feel any different after meditating 20 minutes with this Zen group. I got distracted a lot and felt like I was doing it wrong.

Um I'm seeing a lot of blue and white striped shirts in that photo my dearest wailing scepter...are you the one with pouty face as well?
    Likes The Wailing Specter, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Um I'm seeing a lot of blue and white striped shirts in that photo my dearest wailing scepter...are you the one with pouty face as well?
    yes
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Also, I mentioned my concerns to the older guy sitting on the floor, and he said it was normal...and, no...There really isn't much more to zen but sitting and breathing and being present.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Masokissed, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Also, I mentioned my concerns to the older guy sitting on the floor, and he said it was normal...and, no...There really isn't much more to zen but sitting and breathing and being present.
    For many it takes a lifetime to understand the secrets of Zenhood and yet you were able to unravel its mystery in a day. I really do believe Ne is underestimated in Western society.

I think it's great that you made this part of your journey that has no destination only rest-stops. I'm proud of you. You gave it a try.
    Likes Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

For many it takes a lifetime to understand the secrets of Zenhood and yet you were able to unravel its mystery in a day. I really do believe Ne is underestimated in Western society.

I think it's great that you made this part of your journey that has no destination only rest-stops. I'm proud of you. You gave it a try.
    Thank you.
    I also learned today about a second group that meets on thursdays that focuses on Theravada. I will go there as well and compare and contrast the zen group who meet on saturdays. This second group is across town, and I expect my experience to be similar.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3TM43Ig5KjQ

I've been listening to speeches by a senior Theravada monk named Ajahn Brahm, and have found his easygoing nature, casual humor, and perspectives insightful.

I may have "gotten" zen in one try, but I believe it would be skillful to continue the practice, along with eating healthier and exercise. I desire to know life on a more intimate level.

This is the only show in town, and it is unskillful to try to shape it. Of course, I will continue my teacher education, but I hopefully have found a path to peace.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

You kinda have a little bit of a Blondie face.
    Likes Masokissed, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

You kinda have a little bit of a Blondie face.
    Lol...your right...I kinda do!
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry, Punderstorm liked this post

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast