User Tag List

First 32404142434452 Last

Results 411 to 420 of 718

  1. #411
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post

    Dad? What? what are you...?

    (god damn it, I knew I should have built a request that there be no INTJ humor in this thread into the OP but... it's just like they say about hindsight...)

    I have a hunch you may not have understood the spirit with which that original quote was posted...
    I am what I said: INTJ that meets the 7s.


    To be honest I believe that I understand pretty well about what this thread is actually about and that is why I didn't want to originally post my sarcastic answer. However since I see the thread constantly I simply did not want to keep it in myself any more and therefore I have used the so called INTJ humor even if that is not trully the right reaction to the OP. I get the same need about many other threads as well but I manage to hide my desire untill they pass.
    Likes Starry liked this post

  2. #412
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I am what I said: INTJ that meets the 7s.


    To be honest I believe that I understand pretty well about what this thread is actually about and that is why I didn't want to originally post my sarcastic answer. However since I see the thread constantly I simply did not want to keep it in myself any more and therefore I have used the so called INTJ humor even if that is not trully the right reaction to the OP. I get the same need about many other threads as well but I manage to hide my desire untill they pass.


    Even though you were just being sarcastic...the fact you are an e5 makes your sarcasm relevant to me and quite possibly something of value as it pertains to the nature of this thread. And while I (now) wonder if you noticed it or not...I was asking you a serious question when I said: "What would that look like in your opinion?" What type of behavior would you expect to see out of a person that lived with the assumption life would eventually break them?

    ^I realize it is an odd question but if you have an answer I'd like to hear it.
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

  3. #413
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I am what I said: INTJ that meets the 7s.


    To be honest I believe that I understand pretty well about what this thread is actually about and that is why I didn't want to originally post my sarcastic answer. However since I see the thread constantly I simply did not want to keep it in myself any more and therefore I have used the so called INTJ humor even if that is not trully the right reaction to the OP. I get the same need about many other threads as well but I manage to hide my desire untill they pass.
    Clearly mistyped e653.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.
    Likes Starry liked this post

  4. #414
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Even though you were just being sarcastic...the fact you are an e5 makes your sarcasm relevant to me and quite possibly something of value as it pertains to the nature of this thread. And while I (now) wonder if you noticed it or not...I was asking you a serious question when I said: "What would that look like in your opinion?" What type of behavior would you expect to see out of a person that lived with the assumption life would eventually break them?

    ^I realize it is an odd question but if you have an answer I'd like to hear it.




    I saw the question but your post was so scattered that I did not take the question as something fully genuine. It could have been sarcasm or something.



    To be honest I am from a country where culture is very 7ish. Nothing is build to last, there is no master plan, laws are not enforced, crossing the street on red light is national sport, .... complete mess. Also I am currently living in the city where major has made about 170 affairs over the years and no one really cares about this. The guy is running the city as nothing happnens and wins every elections because here people think that if you manage to escape the rule of law that you are competent leader that does not take shit from no one. While the fact that mafia runs the city does not concern people .... since life will brake as all in the end anyway. Here it can also happnen that someone builds a house on your land and then you will not be able to remove him from there (especialy since there is no clear registers of land), no one really cares about copyright, high school kids can buy alcohol at any time, you can take a university class but it will turn up that there is no lecturer assigned to the class ... so you will be doing nothing for months in that regard. You can even get a speeding ticked and not pay it since there is no register of such misbehaviour. However this came to public knowledge and people in mass started not to pay and therefore authorities made a rule that if you play on spot you have to play only half of price, so that they at least get some money. It seems that they were just too stupid do create the registry for this. In this county it is noraml that court case lasts for 5 years, in some cases this can even go over 20 years because there is no need to rush things. Also there is a fact that here people constantly do things without thinking things through, the one obvious example of this is the fact that here taxes are totally out of control. For example tax on gas is about 110%.


    I mean the randomness of this place is so great that I can write the whole book about it.
    However despite all of this many of my childhood traumas came from my ADHD 7w6 ENFP mother that is out of control most of time and sucks at time managment completely. (she even droped out of university almost at the end because she wanted to do something else) Also I had pretty good e7 friends that have all in one point decided to self destruct in some way in the name of fun and none existant future. However since I could not follow them there the connection has suffered damage.




    Over the last 100 years my country has changed quite a number of political systems: First it was a part of large empire that collapsed in WW1, after that it was corrupt constitutional monarchy that was so lousy that some "enthusiasts" have even killed the king, soon after that WW2 came and we became Nazi collaborationist state. However even that war came to its end and since Communists defeated the Nazi ideology we became a part of Communist federation. However our Communist did not want to take orders from Moscow so we became a rough Communist state. After a few decades of that people were tired od Communism and that ended with the largest and bloodiest war in Europe after WW2. However in the end we managed to join EU in 2013 after very long negotiations and just as we came in the EU the union started to fall apart in rapid rate. What is ironic since every system or ideology that touches this cursed random land fall apart. Basically this place did not see permament stability since the collapse of Roman Empire and that was quite long ago. Also I would dare to mention that ever the last 100 years we have changed 6 currencies (in the case I did not overlook something). When I was in kindergarten age our economy was so much in toliet that I was already a trillionare at that age.






    The reason why I did to your post what I did is because it reminds me of my living environment too much and my whole life I have to deal with shit since no one wants to stabilize the system, so that we live normally. Actually I want to help people to stabilize the whole situation but no one is really interested because "life will brake as all in the end". The problem is that if you are constantly in belief that the life will brake you the odds are that this will indeed happen because you will not have the will to stabilize. Until one day you will fall into shit out of which you will not be able to get up.


    Therefore I became e5 person in order to preserve my energy and resources since I just can't stand auto destructive nature of my e7 country. What means that I am more and more sure that in the end I will have to emmigrate from this place. To tell you another truth: it is not even impossible that I am mistyped and that 5w6 and 1w9 in my tritype should switch places, however I have to live as 5 in order not to go crazy as all the people around me did. I have build very strong shields against my environment and therefore I have started to mistake myself for my shield.
    Likes Starry, Cloudpatrol liked this post

  5. #415
    Senior Member evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I saw the question but your post was so scattered that I did not take the question as something fully genuine. It could have been sarcasm or something.



    To be honest I am from a country where culture is very 7ish. Nothing is build to last, there is no master plan, laws are not enforced, crossing the street on red light is national sport, .... complete mess. Also I am currently living in the city where major has made about 170 affairs over the years and no one really cares about this. The guy is running the city as nothing happnens and wins every elections because here people think that if you manage to escape the rule of law that you are competent leader that does not take shit from no one. While the fact that mafia runs the city does not concern people .... since life will brake as all in the end anyway. Here it can also happnen that someone builds a house on your land and then you will not be able to remove him from there (especialy since there is no clear registers of land), no one really cares about copyright, high school kids can buy alcohol at any time, you can take a university class but it will turn up that there is no lecturer assigned to the class ... so you will be doing nothing for months in that regard. You can even get a speeding ticked and not pay it since there is no register of such misbehaviour. However this came to public knowledge and people in mass started not to pay and therefore authorities made a rule that if you play on spot you have to play only half of price, so that they at least get some money. It seems that they were just too stupid do create the registry for this. In this county it is noraml that court case lasts for 5 years, in some cases this can even go over 20 years because there is no need to rush things. Also there is a fact that here people constantly do things without thinking things through, the one obvious example of this is the fact that here taxes are totally out of control. For example tax on gas is about 110%.


    I mean the randomness of this place is so great that I can write the whole book about it.
    However despite all of this many of my childhood traumas came from my ADHD 7w6 ENFP mother that is out of control most of time and sucks at time managment completely. (she even droped out of university almost at the end because she wanted to do something else) Also I had pretty good e7 friends that have all in one point decided to self destruct in some way in the name of fun and none existant future. However since I could not follow them there the connection has suffered damage.




    Over the last 100 years my country has changed quite a number of political systems: First it was a part of large empire that collapsed in WW1, after that it was corrupt constitutional monarchy that was so lousy that some "enthusiasts" have even killed the king, soon after that WW2 came and we became Nazi collaborationist state. However even that war came to its end and since Communists defeated the Nazi ideology we became a part of Communist federation. However our Communist did not want to take orders from Moscow so we became a rough Communist state. After a few decades of that people were tired od Communism and that ended with the largest and bloodiest war in Europe after WW2. However in the end we managed to join EU in 2013 after very long negotiations and just as we came in the EU the union started to fall apart in rapid rate. What is ironic since every system or ideology that touches this cursed random land fall apart. Basically this place did not see permament stability since the collapse of Roman Empire and that was quite long ago. Also I would dare to mention that ever the last 100 years we have changed 6 currencies (in the case I did not overlook something). When I was in kindergarten age our economy was so much in toliet that I was already a trillionare at that age.






    The reason why I did to your post what I did is because it reminds me of my living environment too much and my whole life I have to deal with shit since no one wants to stabilize the system, so that we live normally. Actually I want to help people to stabilize the whole situation but no one is really interested because "life will brake as all in the end". The problem is that if you are constantly in belief that the life will brake you the odds are that this will indeed happen because you will not have the will to stabilize. Until one day you will fall into shit out of which you will not be able to get up.


    Therefore I became e5 person in order to preserve my energy and resources since I just can't stand auto destructive nature of my e7 country. What means that I am more and more sure that in the end I will have to emmigrate from this place. To tell you another truth: it is not even impossible that I am mistyped and that 5w6 and 1w9 in my tritype should switch places, however I have to live as 5 in order not to go crazy as all the people around me did. I have build very strong shields against my environment and therefore I have started to mistake myself for my shield.
    you are putting the blame on the wrong idea.

    Blame history and culture, not the vague idea of personality types and ennegram.

    If you dont like where you live, either leave or do something about it. Sarcasm only can take you so far.

    sorry I simplified your problem with a simple solution.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari
    Likes Starry liked this post

  6. #416
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    you are putting the blame on the wrong idea.

    Blame history and culture, not the vague idea of personality types and ennegram.

    If you dont like where you live, either leave or do something about it. Sarcasm only can take you so far.

    sorry I simplified your problem with a simple solution.

    But I am blaming history and culture that came out of it ?


    The only argument I am really saying is that history and culture has led this place into situation that fits very nicely into unhealthy e7 box. Starry wanted my thought on unhealthy e7 and she got the profile of entire society since I though "Why shouldn't I to rise this on big picture level? After all I have good story to tell). The problem is that majority has become self righterous in their randomness and we can't brake the circle out of this state of mind. However if I say something to people I am accused of being a dictator, especially since over the years I have become antifun person. (and I do not like that to be honest)
    Likes Starry liked this post

  7. #417
    Senior Member evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    But I am blaming history and culture that came out of it ?


    The only argument I am really saying is that history and culture has led this place into situation that fits very nicely into unhealthy e7 box. Starry wanted my thought on unhealthy e7 and she got the profile of entire society since I though "Why shouldn't I to rise this on big picture level? After all I have good story to tell). The problem is that majority has become self righterous in their randomness and we can't brake the circle out of this state of mind. However if I say something to people I am accused of being a dictator, especially since over the years I have become antifun person. (and I do not like that to be honest)
    honestly, I agree. Sorry to have misread your argument. Carry on.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari
    Likes Starry liked this post

  8. #418
    Fabula rasa Kas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,011

    Default

    It's actually interesting what is happening in here last days. Still I miss usual thread wisdom. I'm a fan.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

    The No Likes Experiment.

    Likes Starry liked this post

  9. #419
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    350

    Default

    This just seems like a big pat on the back self congratulatory ass kissing thread. Some things on e7, based on people I know:

    -Inability to sit with emotions and allow vulnerability. By that I don't mean they don't feel sad. They can be very sad, and even vocal about their sadness (I'm thinking about a few bipolar-esque individuals I know). Rather, I mean there's always this undercurrent of movement (escapism & positive reframing, which shouldn't be confused with literal positivity) to undermine a perceived stagnation, perhaps unconscious. An emphasis on "sit" here. Disintegration to 5 solves that.

    -Which leads me to this: They are quick to say or give the impression that they "get it" and yes in a way they get it, conceptually they do, but I sense denseness here. It hard to describe. They are quick to sympathize, but there's a lack of actual empathy I think. Reading some responses in this thread, that's what I'm getting. A quickness to reveal they "get it" but the language is veiled with fancy dressing that doesn't amount to anything but fluff.

    -I have observed something similar with 6w7s, except it may be even more obvious with 6w7s because there's more of a desire to fit in and be likable. So they overemphasize their cuteness and lightness, so as not to encroach on anyone's ego, because doing so will mean exile. So 7s vibe a bit more cerebral to me because there is obviousness here. Also, I think many 7w6s are actually 6w7s. Type 7 don't really try to be light or happy or whatever. That's actually a problem for them in that others tend to view them as more inviting and happy than they really are. A 7 friend once complained to me about how others keep wanting to strike up a conversation with him, even though he's not in a good mood and don't give a fuck. I lol'd because I have the opposite problem.

    Instead of the Enthusiast, my title for type 7 would be The Whore of Babylon. I think it fitting with their ability to slut it up (both literal & metaphor) in various aspects of life.

  10. #420
    Senior Member senza tema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,976

    Default

    Fun fact: The last three digits of my phone number are my tritype.
    Likes Starry, Chanaynay, Masokissed liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Possible types based on Wisdom of the Enneagram tests
    By Grublet in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 09:37 AM
  2. [Enneagram] The Wisdom of the Enneagram (Riso and Hudson)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
  3. The Wisdom Of Foolishness
    By highlander in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
  4. The Wisdom of Hate Crimes <split>
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO