• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Probably drugs

I start Wellbutrin tomorrow morning.

Now my problem is I have way more money than I know what to do with and that causes me stress.

Maybe I should rent out rooms from my new house I bought outright?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Since there’s a chance you may be considering 7w6 as your type I’ll step up and try to answer this (okay I’m totally kidding).

I know these things are all relative...but 7w6s don’t really possess, consciously attempt to maintain or present with what I would consider a *positive attitude*... those are the 7w8s whom I imagine to be all super heroes...except for Halla... who is obviously a God. 7w8s are more likely to be ETPs and it’s the tert Fe combined with the grit of 8 that creates the superpowers from what I understand.

Unfortunately, 6 doesn’t have the same influence on 7 as 8 does :dry: I mean, a 7w6 with the 278 tritype... these guys can present with what appears to be an overtly positive attitude and approach as I think the 2 brings in a faux Fe kind of thing...but they’re just as crazy as any other 7w6. Basically, 6 makes for a crazy 7...we are dealing with two very contradictory points...constantly being flipped back and forth between the two...”go”...”stop”... and it shows. 7w6 is also connected to 4w5 (and vice versa) in ways I still don’t fully understand but know exceeds merely being the NFP super-highway...but that’s definitely bringing in the crazy as well. 278s and 478s can get really punchy and right-fighty. 279s are often really compartmentalized...often suffering from high anxiety and so you have to learn to recognize when they are cut-off and not talk to them about finances or your relationship woes (important stuff) during those times. And 479s are often a lot like Avocado whoever that is.

We can be super fun though at our best...morbid, zany senses of humor due to all the contradiction. And inspite of the fact 6 ruins our lives by bringing in the dread...it also does some good stuff that I just drew a total blank on...

Anyway, I think 7w8s are the folks that can frustrate others with a “don’t ever be negative” kind of thing...and 7w6s are probably more denial.

I think my boyfriend might be a 6w7, and sometimes I just wanna punch his optimistic (and yet still paranoid) face.
*shrug*

Starry

I think my boyfriend might be a 6w7, and sometimes I just wanna punch his optimistic (and yet still paranoid) face.
*shrug*

This is my understanding of 6w7 vs 7w6 as well (I’ll be honest and say that it feels like a luxary right now to be sharing the same understanding with someone regarding type for how rare it happens now a days. I feel like it’s an unpopular notion but based on the fact we are dealing with a typological system there exists right and wrong answers. I wish referring to those wasn’t considered threatening or insulting in and of itself...which contrary to popular belief...happens all the time. It doesn’t mean the person thinks they’re better or is attempting to exclude or include or socially dominate etc. Sometimes it just means the person read a book and is under the impression they are discussing something as superficial as *type*).

6w7s experience relief from what had been for them a lifetime of fear and feeling unsafe when their 7 wing kicks in and subsequently can get a little obsessed about making sure everything stays *happy, positive, fun*

Whereas 7w6s think life is blindingly brilliant and amazing until we’re handed the full-meal-deal of paranoia. I’m tellin yah...we can be some of the most negative, bitter peeps the enneagram has to offer when limited. And since were extroverted the world’s gonna hear about it which I’m sure is super fun for the world.

Starry

I start Wellbutrin tomorrow morning.

Now my problem is I have way more money than I know what to do with and that causes me stress.

Maybe I should rent out rooms from my new house I bought outright?

Whenever you start a new medication...try and remain really conscious of how you are feeling from hour to hour if possible. Carry around a little notebook and jot it down or...put it in your phone. Set your phone alarm to go off every 3 hours or so and do a quick assessment of your mood, anxiety level, etc.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whenever you start a new medication...try and remain really conscious of how you are feeling from hour to hour if possible. Carry around a little notebook and jot it down or...put it in your phone. Set your phone alarm to go off every 3 hours or so and do a quick assessment of your mood, anxiety level, etc.

Right now I’m feeling a little tired. I’ll start one after my nap. I don’t feel all that different from how I felt before I took my first dose this morning, except maybe a little less sad, but its within my normal range.

I’m a little anxious about something happening to my money, and the dust in my new house bothers me. I also dropped some food when I was eating in my car.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
This is my understanding of 6w7 vs 7w6 as well (I’ll be honest and say that it feels like a luxary right now to be sharing the same understanding with someone regarding type for how rare it happens now a days. I feel like it’s an unpopular notion but based on the fact we are dealing with a typological system there exists right and wrong answers. I wish referring to those wasn’t considered threatening or insulting in and of itself...which contrary to popular belief...happens all the time. It doesn’t mean the person thinks they’re better or is attempting to exclude or include or socially dominate etc. Sometimes it just means the person read a book and is under the impression they are discussing something as superficial as *type*).

6w7s experience relief from what had been for them a lifetime of fear and feeling unsafe when their 7 wing kicks in and subsequently can get a little obsessed about making sure everything stays *happy, positive, fun*

Whereas 7w6s think life is blindingly brilliant and amazing until we’re handed the full-meal-deal of paranoia. I’m tellin yah...we can be some of the most negative, bitter peeps the enneagram has to offer when limited. And since were extroverted the world’s gonna hear about it which I’m sure is super fun for the world.

The former is definitely him. It's just funny to me because I see what's underneath. He's phobic too, so I see him (at least with me) back down or rather not stand up to me in the first place. It's not that he never has, but unless I insult his ego or identity somehow (basically assert something he disagrees with about himself), he's pretty laid back and self-sacrificing, albeit a little oblivious at times.

He does tell me all the time "I wasn't always this patient and mellow", as in he was very reactive and rebellious.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Of all the numbers of the enneagram, there is none so rightly feared as the mighty seven. A very stream lined number it cuts through the open seas like a torpedo, just as deftly as it stalks its prey upon the savannah. Natural predators sevens strike particular dread into the hearts of sixes that have been seperated from their pack. Because as any five can tell you. 7,8,9.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
View attachment 20647
formal mom: Photo

Is that really what you think I am?

Starry

Of all the numbers of the enneagram, there is none so rightly feared as the mighty seven. A very stream lined number it cuts through the open seas like a torpedo, just as deftly as it stalks its prey upon the savannah. Natural predators sevens strike particular dread into the hearts of sixes that have been seperated from their pack. Because as any five can tell you. 7,8,9.

haha

this is awesome

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
haha

this is awesome

I liked it as well.
I downloaded a mood tracker app so I'm not carrying around a stupid notepad everywhere. I notice a pattern: in public and when I have things I need to do, my mood is more irritated and angry (though this is hidden and I get regular compliments on how kind and polite I am, despite usually wanting to rip out people's jugular then withdraw), but when I'm just sitting around and have nothing I need to do, my mood is more neutral, but I start eating compulsively. It takes 2 weeks for Wellbutrin to build up in your system, so I'll see if there are any improvements in the next few weeks and tracking it with my blog on here. I'm having some side effects.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wellbutrin worked within a couple of days for me but the dry mouth/constant thirst started almost instantly.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wellbutrin worked within a couple of days for me but the dry mouth/constant thirst started almost instantly.

I'm daydreaming a lot more...they're like movies in my head and I pace around a lot.
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION], since you like 7ish videos:

I escape through endless binge eating and daydreaming...speaking of daydreams--mine involve the chronicles of myself as Ultimate Overlord over Earth. As world ruler, I could put in motion a perfect society.

I kinda don't feel like pursuing that right now, but I plan regardless.

That, or I turn ancient philosophical puzzles over in my head nobody's come up with a decent answer to in thousands of years.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If I can have it, it can’t possibly be good enough.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since there’s a chance you may be considering 7w6 as your type I’ll step up and try to answer this (okay I’m totally kidding).

I know these things are all relative...but 7w6s don’t really possess, consciously attempt to maintain or present with what I would consider a *positive attitude*... those are the 7w8s whom I imagine to be all super heroes...except for Halla... who is obviously a God. 7w8s are more likely to be ETPs and it’s the tert Fe combined with the grit of 8 that creates the superpowers from what I understand.

Unfortunately, 6 doesn’t have the same influence on 7 as 8 does :dry: I mean, a 7w6 with the 278 tritype... these guys can present with what appears to be an overtly positive attitude and approach as I think the 2 brings in a faux Fe kind of thing...but they’re just as crazy as any other 7w6. Basically, 6 makes for a crazy 7...we are dealing with two very contradictory points...constantly being flipped back and forth between the two...”go”...”stop”... and it shows. 7w6 is also connected to 4w5 (and vice versa) in ways I still don’t fully understand but know exceeds merely being the NFP super-highway...but that’s definitely bringing in the crazy as well. 278s and 478s can get really punchy and right-fighty. 279s are often really compartmentalized...often suffering from high anxiety and so you have to learn to recognize when they are cut-off and not talk to them about finances or your relationship woes (important stuff) during those times. And 479s are often a lot like Avocado whoever that is.

We can be super fun though at our best...morbid, zany senses of humor due to all the contradiction. And inspite of the fact 6 ruins our lives by bringing in the dread...it also does some good stuff that I just drew a total blank on...

Anyway, I think 7w8s are the folks that can frustrate others with a “don’t ever be negative” kind of thing...and 7w6s are probably more denial.

Winter is coming. Seeing how I enjoy cold and dark, I say let darkness prevail!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

My note book shows a low mood when I started last saturay that improved daily till wednesday, peaked wednesday when I reported feeling “neither bad nor good”, then started declining and has continued to decline till today. Its noon and I can barely get out of bed. I have all this luxury and money and can’t enjoy it, its a shame. I’ve got nothing to look forward to or any idea how to get better. I’m going to get up and do some meditations where I count my breath. It will distract me from the unfixable permanent problems in the world that still trouble me on some level. I’ve found it helps a little to laugh at the darkness...though since most people aren’t as bright as I am, I’m one of the few to figure this out and so I’ve found it better to avoid people since most are below my level and couldn’t understand the inner machinations of my mind. I may do some cleaning and tend the grass later. I may have money but I’m so scared of losing it, I live below my means by doing most work myself. I also started working at a high school since I only get a few thousand a year in interest and would eventually spend my fortune if I didn’t have extra money coming in. I have 2 women there who I question how they’ve kept their jobs as long as they have. One of the two sexually harasses me and is horrible to the students, and the other just picks fights with the first lady. I’m the boss, but I feel my authority is not respected. I spilled gas in my sturdy car I’ve been intending to keep for decades and can’t seem to get the smell out, but I guess I’ll get used to it. I always get used to it...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
wtf INFP.

Alright, I will tell you that Eminem won the rap battle...that is what happened. I mean, many would say you're not fully living until you have viewed both of these videos in their entirety several times...but if you must avoid them Eminem was the obvious winner...so much so I think Machine Gun Kelly issued a public statement saying he was backing off ha.

The incredibly interesting thing that I was thinking about was how at the very end of Eminem's rap... like his words are like nuclear weapons he destroys Machine Gun Kelly... he then goes on to end with "I'm just playin you know I love yah" <-which he does a lot. Which I didn't know this was common thing for him to do. Which is astonishingly interesting because my dad has always done a similar thing.

I totally don't get h ow people can type him as anything other that INTJ. ISTPs do not do this (do you know that I never really understand IxTP insults? seriously, like I can tell when they think they are insulting but I won't get it). INTJs can ruin people's lives with their insults and then turn around at be all "I'm just kidding around don't be so sensitive." Weird.

"I'm just kidding around don't be so sensitive." sums up my humor pretty well. Thing is, I often think other people are trying to have playful banter with me, and it catches me off guard people can take such silly topics so seriously sometimes. I guess I shouldn't be surprised people are hostile idiots. I have enough life experience to know by now that sociability and generousity are wasted on them. True hapiness is holding a black poodle in a mansion and then taking your nice car out for some fine dining. Its a hollow kind of happiness, sure, but in a ruined world, I'll play in the ruins. It won't last forever, so I might as well enjoy it while I can. I'm not sharing any of this because people aren't grateful when you share. You can give people the moon and they ask why you didn't give them the sun also. I might hire some people to take care of the minutia around the estate, but a life well lived needs the finer things in life...things to be slowly savored. Ruthlessness, efficiency, and industry can get you there. I'll continue my art, my research, and bon vivant lifestyle removed from the toil of regular mortals. I don't have the energy to fight with them and my insights are wasted on them. My one connection to the outside world is managing a few school staff and a handful of special education students. This pads the income I get from interest on my fortunes and will ensure I never run out of money. When bad feelings come you just need to stuff them down with something nice--like enjoying cafe-au-lait as it was meant to be enjoyed. Its an interesting arrangment, somebody like me who is recorded as being in the top 1% for general intellect leading a group of people higher than the bottom 1% but lower than the bottom 5%. They are putty in my hands and love and respect me.

I am apt to agree with you that Eminem won the rap battle. He approached the battle the way it should be--without pretense or seriousness. His nonchalant style helped carry him to victory. He is a rare specimen among a sea of idiots.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Did you take it? I did. Whoops I have to go get my results ha hold on...

omg I couldn't find it and was like "fuck man" (because I hate taking tests and this was no exception)...but it was in my junk.

Your Report Summary:
Top ranked Enneacard overall: Type 7
Top Ranked Enneacard in your Enneaspread: Type 7
Potential Wing(s): not suggested
Potential Tritype: 748
Potential Instinctual Stacking: Sexual > Self-Preservation > Social

I just noticed that they couldn't decide on a wing for me and this is how cp is and it's bothersome in a way. It's like I'm afraid of everything but no one knows this or something.

If you are truly a 7, why don't you thirst for more? Are you giving up your desires because you feel it "helps" others? I made that mistake once. Never again.

What holds you back?

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wisdom of an e7? Sometimes, I wonder if my e7s even have a brain... Let alone take advice from them. I don't trust irresponsible individuals.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wisdom of an e7? Sometimes, I wonder if my e7s even have a brain... Let alone take advice from them. I don't trust irresponsible individuals.

What are you hoping for with this post? Why come into this thread to put down the people it's for?