• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It’s a sad day when your mom finds and throws away all your shit (weed, lighter, pipe, cigarettes), and you’re just thinking of how bored you’ll be without it. Hopefully my plan on Sunday follows through. And I find a better hiding spot in the mean time. :dry:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It’s a sad day when your mom finds and throws away all your shit (weed, lighter, pipe, cigarettes), and you’re just thinking of how bored you’ll be without it. Hopefully my plan on Sunday follows through. And I find a better hiding spot in the mean time. :dry:

She must have zero chill

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
She must have zero chill

Definitely. I’ve been fighting against her rules for years. Hopefully one day she’ll realize the benefits that letting me live will have on our relationship. :whistling: :D In the meantime, I’ll continue to find ways to go around it because quite frankly I want to enjoy myself.

(Trust me that this is about more than just being able to spark a doobie lol; I will say that I’ve had impressive, funny stories of being able to sneak party in only 2 hour time periods come out of this, though. It’s amazing how much more chaotic and memorable that ends up being, ex. having to take turns holding someone’s 2 year old child while taking shots because her mom is too busy screaming at her boyfriend on my brand new phone that I kept checking on just to make sure she didn’t break it [no worries, no children were harmed, we were all more responsible with her than the mom was sober; as much as I love her mom - we’ve been friends since middle school which is a hard thing to do - she’s a mess].)

Right now my main priority is squeezing the most that I can out of being boxed in with school, work, and an overbearing mom. It’s proving a challenge with time constraints, people cancelling stuff out of nowhere, etc., but on days when it does work out it’s so worth it. When summer finally comes is when everything will really start getting good because I’ll have a car and I’ll basically be able to do what I want and I should have enough saved for vacation by then :wubbie: I also have a plan to move out with friends but that’s depending on one big factor that I don’t want to talk about here so I’m not building up the expectations in my mind for that yet. Other than that, my other goal is the total opposite of fun - trying to expand my squirrel attention span to focus on the serious stuff like school or exercising more. I think one way I’m trying to do that is with relationships, too, because I’ve been with someone for 6 months and that’s really the longest relationship I’ve had so far. It’s usually far over by now because either they get sick of my personality or I lose interest quicker than they can get sick of my personality lol. Being unable to hold interest in one person for too long but also wanting someone and not being able to respond to someone to their troubles in the way they want to (I don’t know if this is just me or if other 7s have this issue too, I’m actually very curious <— [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION], starry, y’all get what I’m saying?) is a Molotov cocktail. How we made it this far is beyond me.

^Sx + 7 is good in fairytales but harder to work with in real life.

I notice I usually end up with 9s too, and it never works out. I’m initially attracted to them because they seem open minded on the surface and I’m a fan of all creatures and things of that category because I assume they’ll love to go along with the shit I’m up to... And it is like that at first until it’s not and they really show that they’re stubborn and not anywhere near as extraverted as me, and have issues with confronting me directly with things. And we both repress things; I repress whatever my mind doesn’t want to linger on (not like I can’t ever talk about negative things, it’s just like... another 7 would get it, I guess.) and they just repress life or something. At least that’s how it looks from my end but I know it’s not really like that. I’m just saying all of this BECAUSE I’m with a 9 at the moment and it’s surprising that its worked out this way.

I’ve also been considering going back to 7w6 instead of 7w8 just because I feel like I might have more anxiety than I realize but I’m not sure. [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] might have something on that?

Tl;dr really would just like to be able to go out for snow cones at night with someone without my mom breathing down my neck (literally) to see if I smoked.
(And even if I did, what’s the big fuckin’ deal ?? :shrug: I’ll do as I please)

(Anyways, hopefully my humor translated through this, because I’m not trying to sound like a whiny fuckface right now - I’m actually pretty content because I’m excited for things to come and doing good)

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^consider that my latest wisdom:newwink:

And some Ginuwine to close it because I know what I’m doing Thursday afternoon.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

my mom confiscated two different bongs when i was 18. she kept one for herself and regifted the other to her friend :threaten:
/enneagram 7(?) mother

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
my mom confiscated two different bongs when i was 18. she kept one for herself and regifted the other to her friend :threaten:
/enneagram 7(?) mother

ok i literally can’t talk shit because deep down this is something i’d do LMAOOOO

on behalf of all 7s, sorry we’re cunts

34t6793.png

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Definitely. I’ve been fighting against her rules for years. Hopefully one day she’ll realize the benefits that letting me live will have on our relationship. :whistling: :D In the meantime, I’ll continue to find ways to go around it because quite frankly I want to enjoy myself.

(Trust me that this is about more than just being able to spark a doobie lol; I will say that I’ve had impressive, funny stories of being able to sneak party in only 2 hour time periods come out of this, though. It’s amazing how much more chaotic and memorable that ends up being, ex. having to take turns holding someone’s 2 year old child while taking shots because her mom is too busy screaming at her boyfriend on my brand new phone that I kept checking on just to make sure she didn’t break it [no worries, no children were harmed, we were all more responsible with her than the mom was sober; as much as I love her mom - we’ve been friends since middle which is a hard thing to do - she’s a mess].)

Right now my main priority is squeezing the most that I can out of being boxed in with school, work, and an overbearing mom. It’s proving a challenge with time constraints, people cancelling stuff out of nowhere, etc., but on days when it does work out it’s so worth it. When summer finally comes is when everything will really start getting good because I’ll have a car and I’ll basically be able to do what I want and I should have enough saved for vacation by then :wubbie: I also have a plan to move out with friends but that’s depending on one big factor that I don’t want to talk about here so I’m not building up the expectations in my mind for that yet. Other than that, my other goal is the total opposite of fun - trying to expand my squirrel attention span to focus on the serious stuff like school or exercising more. I think one way I’m trying to do that is with relationships, too, because I’ve been with someone for 6 months and that’s really the longest relationship I’ve had so far. It’s usually far over by now because either they get sick of my personality or I lose interest quicker than they can get sick of my personality lol. Being unable to hold interest in one person for too long but also wanting someone and not being able to respond to someone to their troubles in the way they want to (I don’t know if this is just me or if other 7s have this issue too, I’m actually very curious <— @Chanaynay, starry, y’all get what I’m saying?) is a Molotov cocktail. How we made it this far is beyond me.

^Sx + 7 is good in fairytales but harder to work with in real life.

I notice I usually end up with 9s too, and it never works out. I’m initially attracted to them because they seem open minded on the surface and I’m a fan of all creatures and things of that category because I assume they’ll love to go along with the shit I’m up to... And it is like that at first until it’s not and they really show that they’re stubborn and not anywhere near as extraverted as me, and have issues with confronting me directly with things. And we both repress things; I repress whatever my mind doesn’t want to linger on (not like I can’t ever talk about negative things, it’s just like... another 7 would get it, I guess.) and they just repress life or something. At least that’s how it looks from my end but I know it’s not really like that. I’m just saying all of this BECAUSE I’m with a 9 at the moment and it’s surprising that its worked out this way.

I’ve also been considering going back to 7w6 instead of 7w8 just because I feel like I might have more anxiety than I realize but I’m not sure. @Starry might have something on that?

Tl;dr really would just like to be able to go out for snow cones at night with someone without my mom breathing down my neck (literally) to see if I smoked.
(And even if I did, what’s the big fuckin’ deal ?? :shrug: I’ll do as I please)

(Anyways, hopefully my humor translated through this, because I’m not trying to sound like a whiny fuckface right now - I’m actually pretty content because I’m excited for things to come and doing good)
I get it. I’ve partied when I can but you seem wilder. I finally quit my pharmacy tech job to become a mild/moderate special ed teacher. What’s wild here is my mom will be my boss at that school, but with the big raise the union got teachers, I’ll be able to live like a fucking king when summer vacation rolls around. Teachers only get half the vacation they do on paper, but still...50k a year here is a lot of money for our area. PLUS I get to help kids who otherwise would get left behind. The way my mom runs sped teachers at the school, we teach life skills half the day and watch movies and play games the other half. Since my mom’s mom died, my mom has been virtually uninvolved with the Jehovah’s Witnesses (which my grandmother was a fervent supporter of) and though she still pays lip service to it if asked, she’s on a “rule the world” kick, now...she wants to climb as high as she can on the career ladder, and she says one day everybody will answer to her.

I’ll get to form bonds with sweet kids.
@Starry
[MENTION=24829]Masokissed[/MENTION] I will definately go on vacation every summer (or winter) once I get settled into this new career. There are so many things I haven’t tried...

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
/enneagram 7(?) mother

My mom found some tin can that I had constructed into a ghetto bowl in my room once. When she "confronted" me about it, she basically said "I don't care what you do in your own time but you can't have that here."
- ENFP, 6w7 or 7w6 mother

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My mom found some tin can that I had constructed into a ghetto bowl in my room once. When she "confronted" me about it, she basically said "I don't care what you do in your own time but you can't have that here."
- ENFP, 6w7 or 7w6 mother

lol...my mom caught me with a light beer once and she said she would disown me if she ever caught me drinking again.

ESTJ 1w2 mom

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How does one acheive Ataraxia and Aponia?

Ataraxia is freedom from worry and anxiety.
Aponia is freedom from pain.
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How does one acheive Ataraxia and Aponia?

Ataraxia is freedom from worry and anxiety.
Aponia is freedom from pain.

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
I know I’m not Starry, but I just got a notification that you tagged me in this thread so here I am haha!

Worry, anxiety, and pain are parts of life. I think freedom from them comes in our response not in the events that happen.

Some questions to ask yourself: where are you putting your trust in these situations? What are you afraid of and how likely/terrible would it be if your fear came true? Are you trying to control something you can’t? Are you allowing yourself to ruminate on a certain thought for longer than is necessary/beneficial?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I find Sevens, given their push, push, push nature to either be a blast or a damn nightmare.

YMMV.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I find Sevens, given their push, push, push nature to either be a blast or a damn nightmare.

YMMV.

Yeah that really wraps every one of my posts up nicely, lol.

Sorry y’all.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Any of you 7s ever have people get frustrated with you for your positivity? Or perhaps interpret it as some form of denial or unauthenticity?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any of you 7s ever have people get frustrated with you for your positivity? Or perhaps interpret it as some form of denial or unauthenticity?

yeah they don't like it when I resist their bossy behavior saying things like "you worry too much" or "I'll be fine" or "not me"

that's if I say anything - for years I didn't - silence does nothing but let them go on and on