• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok.

As for instinctual variants...with you all I can truly say with any sense of confidence is not sx/so. I'd have to rethink 7w6 sp but I generally imagine a fairly hearty person with a big appetite...like maybe the high school drama teacher that is also active in community theater.. a true weekend warrior that hosts parties for every occasion at his suburban home...and still makes it to Sunday service smelling of booze because he's big in the choir. I always see this person as registering with others as solid and grounded in spite of the fact 5 and 6 are ruining his life so I'm not sure.

What did you think of so/sp?

So/Sp works, too. I want to give back to the community, but I also want to be in a good position myself. I want to enjoy the best and finest products, and enjoy eating a lot.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Money is the most important thing to me because money is security.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The fear of missing out can get crazy... Even when things seem to be ideal, something still pushes you to run away and try something else, because what if that would be a greater fun?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The fear of missing out can get crazy... Even when things seem to be ideal, something still pushes you to run away and try something else, because what if that would be a greater fun?

wealth is more important to me

Starry

starry says I am

She's saying that she doesn't understand how a desire for material wealth is tied to e7 (and it is true that many e7s reject material things as being meaningless...we've got a lot of hippies all up in this)...not how you are tied to e7. Likewise...you arrived here typed as a 7 and I merely strongly agree with that typing.

Oh and btw...you are a Gentle Spirit...I have no idea where you got 2w1 as part of your tritype. 7w6 4w5 9w1

Starry

I really don't know how wealth relates to ennea type 7 :shrug:

Many 7s won't look inside for the answers but wait around for something from the external world to fix them. Romantic partners...that's a big "fix me so I don't have to look inward" external world cough up... Wealth is another. All my problems would disappear if I had wealth.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Many 7s won't look inside for the answers but wait around for something from the external world to fix them. Romantic partners...that's a big "fix me so I don't have to look inward" external world cough up... Wealth is another. All my problems would disappear if I had wealth.

Rich people don't have problems. Anything can be fixed with enough money. This is one of those things everyone knows.

Starry

Rich people don't have problems. Anything can be fixed with enough money. This is one of those things everyone knows.

c44b6e8582ecff62c400200fe8ef1373.jpg

Starry

actually this one might have more of an impact with you...

omfg...it won't let me post a new image...it keeps reposting the image I attached to the previous post...not even kidding as I checked and double checked the web addresses prior to submitting. I don't understand but the image was of a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote:

Without a rich heart wealth is an ugly beggar.

Having lived with and without money I can tell you that the above really isn't true. Money can by you distraction from what truly matters in life. Money can buy you a false understanding of who you are. Money can hide your true wealth. <-I very much mean this.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
actually this one might have more of an impact with you...

omfg...it won't let me post a new image...it keeps reposting the image I attached to the previous post...not even kidding as I checked and double checked the web addresses prior to submitting. I don't understand but the image was of a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote:

Without a rich heart wealth is an ugly beggar.

Having lived with and without money I can tell you that the above really isn't true. Money can by you distraction from what truly matters in life. Money can buy you a false understanding of who you are. Money can hide your true wealth. <-I very much mean this.

What about having enough money to pay the bills and have a rainy day fund? I'd rather be financially stable than drowning in dept on top of my other problems. I think I'll just start a 2 year masters a year from now so I can do school social work. It will be like teaching, but working with kids one-on-one rather than as groups. They make 45k a year with a predictable schedule, and I could keep doing pharmacy tech on the weekends for another 10k a year, and that would bring me to 55k a year with summer weekdays off. I could live without roommates and still pay my bills and have enough money saved for peace of mind in case of an unforseen disaster. Still not rich, but better than disability and solidly middle class. I'd be trapped here in this area of the country I don't like, but I keep to myself most of the time, anyway. That future isn't bad but not horrible, either. Plus, doing civilian social work rather than military social work means I would have the benefits of the Americans with Disabilities Act, though civilian social workers only make half to a quarter of what military makes with only a couple of the benefits of military. Regardless, full time social work pays double full time pharmacy tech, and I think I would like that better than pharmacy tech, anyway. At least it is a step up.

Also, have you ever met a happy person with no money, food, or home? Most of them struggle to exist.

Starry

wealth is more important to me

Money is the sole measure of wealth. You can't pay somebody in kisses, you know.

What about having enough money to pay the bills and have a rainy day fund? I'd rather be financially stable than drowning in dept on top of my other problems. I think I'll just start a 2 year masters a year from now so I can do school social work. It will be like teaching, but working with kids one-on-one rather than as groups. They make 45k a year with a predictable schedule, and I could keep doing pharmacy tech on the weekends for another 10k a year, and that would bring me to 55k a year with summer weekdays off. I could live without roommates and still pay my bills and have enough money saved for peace of mind in case of an unforseen disaster. Still not rich, but better than disability and solidly middle class. I'd be trapped here in this area of the country I don't like, but I keep to myself most of the time, anyway. That future isn't bad but not horrible, either. Plus, doing civilian social work rather than military social work means I would have the benefits of the Americans with Disabilities Act, though civilian social workers only make half to a quarter of what military makes with only a couple of the benefits of military. Regardless, full time social work pays double full time pharmacy tech, and I think I would like that better than pharmacy tech, anyway. At least it is a step up.

Also, have you ever met a happy person with no money, food, or home? Most of them struggle to exist.

If what you are asking is: "Would you respond differently to someone discussing making ends meet via a modest living vs someone proclaiming that rich people don't have any problems and wealth is your ticket to happiness..." Then the answer is YES. And I'll even go on to say that I take a lot of pride in being known as an individual that can be counted on to respond differently to very different things.

And to your last question...the answer is also YES. But it's more than that. Not only have I met genuinely happy people with nothing... I have met a larger number of genuinely happy people with nothing than those with wealth or those that are simply "making ends meet."

Perhaps it is time to think up a good title for your new blog 6w7?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If what you are asking is: "Would you respond differently to someone discussing making ends meet via a modest living vs someone proclaiming that rich people don't have any problems and wealth is your ticket to happiness..." Then the answer is YES. And I'll even go on to say that I take a lot of pride in being known as an individual that can be counted on to respond differently to very different things.

And to your last question...the answer is also YES. But it's more than that. Not only have I met genuinely happy people with nothing... I have met a larger number of genuinely happy people with nothing than those with wealth or those that are simply "making ends meet."

Perhaps it is time to think up a good title for your new blog 6w7?

Nobody owes you the good life, [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]. You have to go out and fight for it.