User Tag List

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Flighty how? Like, flighty-resolute or flighty-purposeful...? I'm not really clear on what you're saying...
    I think flighty wasn't the english word I was looking for. Sorry about that .

Hmm.. you are here and suddenly you are not here. When you are here you intensely interact with many and then you are suddenly gone. That's a vibe most E7s have. Definitely not something e6s emit.

I don't know the english word for that.
    Likes Starry liked this post

Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Invincible View Post
    Yeah, supposedly I'm an ESFP 783 or 873 (haven't figured that out yet, but I'm know I'm definitely a triple assertive, lol) sx/so. Loads of people seem to be divided over me, being ESFP, or ESTP, which makes things more fun.

Taking in all of what I see right here:

User Name: Captain Invincible = 7
    Avatar: The legendary Dave Grohl smiling his ass off = 7
    Post: Made use of the phrase 'more fun' in 25 words or less = 7
    Signature: Offers free, sugary refreshments and includes a smiley...

well hot damn Captain I think you found yer people! And I'm really glad you're here...along with @evilrubberduckie and @Lil_red

The only complaint ever hurled at this thread (twice) was because I was 7w6 it carried with it a 6-wing bias and I don't think so at all.

Here's what I need from the 7w8s: wisdom, sunshine, cupcakes and cookies yes, employment with a 401k, recipes for homemade energy drinks, tips on how to appear attractive to the opposite sex, a simple, step-by-step explanation of what the whole "wall street" thing is about and your picks for Best Travel Locations 2015-16.

Thanks guys!

Oh and ESTP Captain
    Flaming Uke
    Oakland booty
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    I think flighty wasn't the english word I was looking for. Sorry about that .

Hmm.. you are here and suddenly you are not here. When you are here you intensely interact with many and then you are suddenly gone. That's a vibe most E7s have. Definitely not something e6s emit.

I don't know the english word for that.

Playing the ESL card I see... haha. I'll come back to this but I was just making fun.

I agree with both the English and Indian? (I forget what your native lang. is) terms. I'm so flighty it's horrendous.
    Flaming Uke
    Oakland booty

MBTI
    estp
    Enneagram
    7w? so

I agree with both the English and Indian? (I forget what your native lang. is) terms. I'm so flighty it's horrendous.
    Arghhh you have to let that one pass. Genuine mistake.

I still don't know what it is. It's the ENFPness too I think. They are here intensely engaging with you and once they leave you'd never see them again although you just though you made a friend for a lifetime. However, when they meet the ENFP again they'd talk to you as though he/she only went to get a glass of water. It just took them 4 years .

Tell me ENFPs don't have it. Now add E7 to it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Arghhh you have to let that one pass. Genuine mistake.

I still don't know what it is. It's the ENFPness too I think. They are here intensely engaging with you and once they leave you'd never see them again although you just though you made a friend for a lifetime. However, when they meet the ENFP again they'd talk to you as though he/she only went to get a glass of water. It just took them 4 years .

Tell me ENFPs don't have it. Now add E7 to it.

I said I would come back to this.

(^also a joke haha riva)

So frustrating that due to days-gone-by my auto correct still changes riva to Riva and I'm too flighty awesome to figure out how to modify my dictionary.

Til we speak again...

The Ambassador

Interest:
    – likes people, want to be meaningful and make a difference
    – seek comfort and harmony
    – strive for success

Mission:
    – find compassionate and effective ways to create change and bridge differences

Character:
    – outgoing
    – easygoing
    – soft
    – gentle
    – kind
    – good-willed
    – happy
    – peaceful
    – positive
    – upbeat
    – achieving
    – professional
    – cool
    – trendy
    – adaptive
    – reflective
    – considerate
    – indecisive
    – chameleon-like
    – busy
    – omnivorous
    – practical
    – action-oriented
    – diplomatic
    – conflict-avoidant
    – dreamer
    – funny
    – happy
    – friendly
    – bright
    – chill
    – laid back

Blind spot:
    – so focused on what is positive that you miss the wisdom that comes from experiencing and understanding negative emotions -> even create conflict by avoiding it

Fears:
    – negativity
    – conflict
    Flaming Uke
    Oakland booty
    Likes senza tema liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Taking in all of what I see right here:

User Name: Captain Invincible = 7
    Avatar: The legendary Dave Grohl smiling his ass off = 7
    Post: Made use of the phrase 'more fun' in 25 words or less = 7
    Signature: Offers free, sugary refreshments and includes a smiley...

well hot damn Captain I think you found yer people! And I'm really glad you're here...along with @evilrubberduckie and @Lil_red

The only complaint ever hurled at this thread (twice) was because I was 7w6 it carried with it a 6-wing bias and I don't think so at all.

Here's what I need from the 7w8s: wisdom, sunshine, cupcakes and cookies yes, employment with a 401k, recipes for homemade energy drinks, tips on how to appear attractive to the opposite sex, a simple, step-by-step explanation of what the whole "wall street" thing is about and your picks for Best Travel Locations 2015-16.

Thanks guys!

Oh and ESTP Captain
    Yeah, I was thinking that I was an eight for a while, but then I realised that 7w8 fit a lot better than 8w7 as my core. I don't know where this whole cp 6w7 thing came from, but on previous forums, people started this whole fiasco that I was a cp 6w7. I just... don't see it. Nothing wrong with people being a cp 6w7, but I just never seen it for me. I don't understand people's thinking sometimes. It's very contradictory. Most people use stupidity to justify their responses, and some don't even use evidence to justify their responses. They just say 'You are an xWx without any proof. But hey, people get as vague as this sometimes:

'You must be a cp 6w7 because you are scared of heights, and you went up there and went abseiling and showed that rope who's boss.'

Fear is a part of being human--human nature. Everyone has fears, and everyone conquers them in different ways. Having a fear, and conquering it doesn't make you a cp6w7, it just means you have gained the courage and maturity to conquer your fear and expand your mindset on things, you know? And judging by that logic, roughly 90% of the population would br cp6w7s, and the enneagram theory would be null and void, more or less xD

And yes, I can understand why mistyped 8s who don't want to be associated with the whole 'fear factor' aspect of the 6s. But again, are they 8s who are typed 8s, really all 8s? To me, a lot of this 8 thing is 'elitist' in a sense, because 'true 8s' are meant to be 'rare', and are 'easily mistyped', and some people who have been typed 'as an eight' think they know everything there is to know about being a 'type eight', when infact, they know nothing (and themselves, are probably mistyped). You know? There's more to being an eight than this whole leadership thing. Most of the type eights I know of are nothing like the [mistyped] eight portray them to be. They're all pretty nice, understanding people, who don't mind compromising once in a while.

And as for 7w8s? We're not all rampant bunnies who are fueled on drink and drugs xP And yeah, I do have a soul [I think :P] Sometimes Ic an be a bit outspoken, and seem like a crude bull, but I'm really not all that bad, once you get to know me. I think my crude jokes, and get things done attitude does put a few people off, but I guess I am as human as anyone else. I mean, I like shopping, walking, drinking coffee, exploring new places, car rides, designing websites, eating good food and having a laugh, but I also like being serious when I have to be, y'know?

And ESTP? Interesting. Everyone in my thread seems to think I am an ESFP, because of my questionnaire answers. But at the end of the day, I was just being honest for accuracy, unlike some of the people here (and on Perc too), who try to bump up their N and T scores, to seem more appealing and intellectual than they really are. I think sensor/intuitive bias is very stupid. Sensors and Intuitives can be awesome when they work together :P

[P.S-- doesn't your signature mean 'death rises in my house' or something like that? I dunno, I'm roughly translating it :P]

Senior Member Array evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

@Starry

Got around to my tri type. Its 7w8, 4w5, 8w7. Do what you will with it. You seem to know more about it then I do.

7 enegram wisdom

"The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."
    ― Oscar Wilde

"You've a good heart. Sometimes that's enough to see you safe wherever you go. But mostly, it's not."
    ― Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

@riva

I actually have a partially written response saved for you...somewhere... but I'm popping in here now because I fear I will forget to comment on this if I don't take care of this now.

Twinks shall be the name of this band.

I am so sorry. Don't kill me. I couldn't resist.

Yes i do have friends. Very very few though.

There's never been any doubt in my mind that you're a 7 and like I mentioned to you following the creation of your enneagram thread that I was actually surprised to learn you were legitimately undecided and not merely doing the e7 "let's talk about possibilities for interest, education, creation and entertainment."

Now, I've been handing out tritype descriptions/outlines merely because I had noticed my copying & pasting skills were getting a little rusty... but the thought I had with yours...is you might be one of the few that lands their core type by coming in through the back door. <-Or, said in a way that actually makes sense...I was hoping the description of the Ambassador would help you expand your currently narrow understanding of "how a 7 must look, feel and act like" beyond the greek sun god Halla.

Another thing that sometimes helps individuals in your position is to take a break from some of the over-arching concepts and merely catch and consider the little clues when they present themselves. Which is precisely why I pulled the above quote over from the Member Photos thread.

That quote riva is classic e7...and is precisely why the word "playful" can be found in nearly all 7 descriptions...especially descriptions of the notoriously playful 7w8. What makes it a valuable clue however...is that it is simultaneously something that would be highly unusual for a core e9 to say.

As insignificant as this tiny joke may seem to you...do not take for granted all of what needs to be in place within a person's psyche prior to this tiny joke taking its form. For the most part 7s feel good about themselves *I'm So Cute!*...and they feel good about others. They also generally assume others feel relatively good about themselves as well. <-And that's the foundation for "playful" riva. When everyone feels good...jokes towards self and others are entertaining and pose no threat to anyone's ego because no one actually takes any of these playful jokes seriously - it's all in fun. Now, due to the fact most 7s self-efface in equal amounts if not more than they joke with others...they do seem to have a high joke success rate. People seem to get that the dial is set to "playful" But I'm assuming you've pissed off a person or two in your time riva right?

If you were conflict avoidant how likely do you think you would be to take these kinds of risks? I mean, the bottom line is this: it doesn't matter how playful you are or how cute. It doesn't matter how perfectly you gauged the situation and how innocently you executed your delivery... When you jokingly jab at another person...you are automatically causing an interpersonal/social situation that carries hidden within its effect a higher probability for potential conflict. And yet I see you do this all the time...why? Do you feel separate enough from the people around you that if a person takes something you've obviously said in fun the wrong way...that beyond a sincere apology there's not much you can do... that they need to be responsible for how others make them feel - not you?

It's rare to see 9s...even the more aggressive among them to...to joke in this kind of way. And it's not only the potential for conflict...it's the unpredictable quality of it all. In other words, when 9s create conflict they are deliberate in that. They know what they are doing. They are not doing the 7 *I wonder what would happen if I said this* no. Likewise, it is very, very rare to hear a core 9 self-efface (only 9w8s that I would identify as individuals making use of e6 counterphobia and so not you riva.) To the contrary as both 6 and 9 are connected to 3...it is often very subtle...but if you listen very closely you will hear them building themselves up which also reinforces the identity.
    Flaming Uke
    Oakland booty
    Likes senza tema, riva liked this post

I think the last guy I kissed was e7 maybe w8.

It was fun... until it was a disaster.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes JocktheMotie, Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I think the last guy I kissed was e7 maybe w8.

It was fun... until it was a disaster.

Maybe he felt your stories were too short.
    Flaming Uke
    Oakland booty
    Likes gromit liked this post

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast