• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I never noticed a big difference when taking medicine.

Besides, if I can overcome it well enough, there is a clinical social work position in the navy that combines high pay, helping people, and constant travel to interesting places. If I fail, I can just do school social work as a main job and pharmacy tech on the weekends, using summer weekdays for travel. Assuming Trump doesn't gut everything, even plan B isn't as bad as it could be, and I'm dealing with students one on one that way, so I only need to deal with details and multitasking in my own time. I'm more like a cashier than the other techs in the pharmacy, since the other tasks in the pharmacy confuse me even though I've been there 3 years, but I've been there 3 years, so I might as well hold on to that lifeline until the robots take it over.
Behavior cognitive therapy helps

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I've never heard of this? Where do I find it?

I want something that works that will not show up in a blood test! XD
Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 2006_-_cognitive_behavioural_therapy_for_dummies_-_wilson__branch.pdf

Cognitive Behavior therapy for dummies.

When i was depressed i tried that. Works. XD like, when you learned how it work, you'll be able to apply it all your life, it's knowledge. Unlike drugs, drugs are forever. You'll lose money 💵 and be dependent on drugs and suffer some complications and side effects. Knowledge is power. XD

There are other pdf available in Google search.. You can also check out some. ;)

Hope you'll be okay! :)

Starry

Wisdoms of 7 seriously speaking: herher. XD

The good thing about being 7 first of all is as for my experience..
Is to be always positive regardless of any bad circumstances. XD
To always be confident amidst unfortunate events that cannot be helped.
To always look up! Look forward. XD
And appreciate and be excited about new opportunities.
keep that inner child within you eventhough you're already old. Age is just a number.
Life is meant to be happy xD because if you're not happy you're not living your life well ----- ofcourse problems arises but look up. Don't give up.
Amidst the trial put up a smile.
You can cry, you can complain, but make sure after that, you stood up again! XD

Is that a 7?
I'm actually hyper pumped up now.

And.. Live in the moment. Appreciate what's in front of you. Forget about all your worries. If you cannot solve it, or if its behind your own abilities.. Then move on, let things flow on it's proper place, cus it will be properly aligned. XD Just be positive.

Always put the right attitude towards any bad circumstances..

We cannot change those bad circumstances but we can actually change our attitude towards any bad circumstances! And, that can turn a bad circumstances into good! :)

Always learn from your mistakes..
We get knocked down but we get up again! We never quit.

*i think this is a mixture of a 7 and an 8 :)

Chumbawamba- Thubthumping -lyrics - YouTube

Ok this is pretty fucking amazing and this thread needed more 8 wing. In all honesty...all threads could use a little more 8 wing. 7w8s are like pure sunshine... (unless e5 takes a liking to ya...sorry Dr. Möbius :wink: but storms are so breathtaking).

I'm out of town for Mother's Day and in a place where phone service is shitty...but have something I think for your other thread when I can think and type it out. <3

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tapatalk Cloud - Downlaoad File 2006_-_cognitive_behavioural_therapy_for_dummies_-_wilson__branch.pdf

Cognitive Behavior therapy for dummies.

When i was depressed i tried that. Works. XD like, when you learned how it work, you'll be able to apply it all your life, it's knowledge. Unlike drugs, drugs are forever. You'll lose money 💵 and be dependent on drugs and suffer some complications and side effects. Knowledge is power. XD

There are other pdf available in Google search.. You can also check out some. ;)

Hope you'll be okay! :)

I have to prove I'm completely free of my mental illnesses to get a waiver showing them as a misdiagnosis. Otherwise, I'll have to get a less interesting job.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I have to prove I'm completely free of my mental illnesses to get a waiver showing them as a misdiagnosis. Otherwise, I'll have to get a less interesting job.

Yes! You don't have a mental illness! XD you never had. XD i think mental illness is a imbalance in the brain.. I think we're powerful enough to change it. XD by twitching our thought processes! And remember, you're stronger than you think you are!
And you can get the job! Just set your heart into it. XD

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

If I look at the instinctual variants of the 7, either Sp/So or Sp/Sx are the only two that even remotely fit me. I'm so consumed with the quest for the tastiest food, most comfortable housing, and biggest rainy day fund that whatever is secondary in my stack has been overshadowed. I suspect it is social, though, since utopian thoughts enter my mind sometimes and I am pretty idealistic due to Fi on some level.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes! You don't have a mental illness! XD you never had. XD i think mental illness is a imbalance in the brain.. I think we're powerful enough to change it. XD by twitching our thought processes! And remember, you're stronger than you think you are!
And you can get the job! Just set your heart into it. XD

I want the navy position. The starting pay is about 75% of school social work, but navy social work makes double school social work after 4 years, plus I get to travel, plus, after 10 years, there is the opportunity to head the social work department and be makimg 120k, and after 20 years, I can retire with 50% of my final pay as a pension ( or I could retire after 40 years and have a 100% pension). I don't know. School social work seems easier to break into, but my heart is really set on world-traveling navy social worker. It really rolls everything together.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I want the navy position. The starting pay is about 75% of school social work, but navy social work makes double school social work after 4 years, plus I get to travel, plus, after 10 years, there is the opportunity to head the social work department and be makimg 120k, and after 20 years, I can retire with 50% of my final pay as a pension ( or I could retire after 40 years and have a 100% pension). I don't know. School social work seems easier to break into, but my heart is really set on world-traveling navy social worker. It really rolls everything together.
dude, follow your heart.. It maybe harder.. But Hard is what make something great. XD
Be a world travelling navy social worker. You can do it. It's possible. Just do your best.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Well you can actually be a navy at first.. Then become a social worker in the navy..
Because if you choose the school social worker, what's the chance there of becoming in navy?

So hit the navy first then be a social worker after.. It's like hitting two birds on one stone! ;) you can do it.

Oh whatever i didn't actually know a lot about it, but you know what's best for you, you know what you like.. Just follow the best possible path. And do your best to achieve it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well you can actually be a navy at first.. Then become a social worker in the navy..
Because if you choose the school social worker, what's the chance there of becoming in navy?

So hit the navy first then be a social worker after.. It's like hitting two birds on one stone! ;) you can do it.

Oh whatever i didn't actually know a lot about it, but you know what's best for you, you know what you like.. Just follow the best possible path. And do your best to achieve it.

I'd be going in with a general studies degree, which is almost worthless, but if I take out a loan to get eye surgery, I could be a pilot with that. That is the only general studies job availiable.

edit: I could actually be a diver with that degree, too.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I'd be going in with a general studies degree, which is almost worthless, but if I take out a loan to get eye surgery, I could be a pilot with that. That is the only general studies job availiable.

Good luck 🍀 bro! XD you can do anything

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What in the samhell...

In order to do Navy Social Work and get to travel and experience the whole world and get paid way better than civilian social work, I can't have ADHD or Depression. I have to prove I have neither to get that job I really want. Otherwise, I'll have to settle for school social work, which is a lot less interesting and pays less...and I would have to keep doing pharmacy tech on the weekends to afford extra things like travel during summer weekdays and the like, or buying adspace for my ideas. At least school social work pays double what pharmacy techs make--I could at least be able to rent my own place and not be cooped up with a bunch of other people and still have enough money left over to put in a rainey day fund. Money for me is peace of mind that if something comes up, I can handle it.

Permabanned

this and other related posts register more blog than OT to me.

Starry

In order to do Navy Social Work and get to travel and experience the whole world and get paid way better than civilian social work, I can't have ADHD or Depression. I have to prove I have neither to get that job I really want. Otherwise, I'll have to settle for school social work, which is a lot less interesting and pays less...and I would have to keep doing pharmacy tech on the weekends to afford extra things like travel during summer weekdays and the like, or buying adspace for my ideas. At least school social work pays double what pharmacy techs make--I could at least be able to rent my own place and not be cooped up with a bunch of other people and still have enough money left over to put in a rainey day fund. Money for me is peace of mind that if something comes up, I can handle it.

I feel if I were to wait a few days I could save myself this response but...

1.) I'm stunned really that ADHD would disqualify an individual from doing social work in the Navy and wonder if you misheard/misunderstood?

2.). I would be concerned with having to pay back all the social security benefits you have received based on the illnesses you were diagnosed with...and now wish to have retracted.

That's all.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel if I were to wait a few days I could save myself this response but...

1.) I'm stunned really that ADHD would disqualify an individual from doing social work in the Navy and wonder if you misheard/misunderstood?

2.). I would be concerned with having to pay back all the social security benefits you have received based on the illnesses you were diagnosed with...and now wish to have retracted.

That's all.

You don't need to pay it back to my knowledge. Besides, nobody can live on 400 a month plus a maximum of 1170 a month from work. It is also a pain to constantly check to see if I'm working too much at the pharmacy. If I can make enough money to surpass the 400 a month, I will.

Also, I've spoken with 3 different recruiters. ADHD, Depression, Arthritis, and all kinds of health issues can disqualify you from the navy. Of course, I might just take out a loan to do a 2-year masters of social work after I finish this general studies degree in a year. It makes me sick that after all those classes I took for the specialized majors I didn't like, I have to finish with a useless general studies degree. Its the worst of both worlds. That said, masters of social work programs take any undergrad degree and I was frugal with my scholarship money. Though I spend more than I get with social security and working combined (I spend about double what I earn, despite being careful with my money) The scholarship was so generous that I could pay for half of the masters program. I could always do homeless shelter to save money. I'm just sick I have to wait another 3 years to be at a secure place in life when originally it was just going to be another year. 3 years is a long time.

Starry

You don't need to pay it back to my knowledge. Besides, nobody can live on 400 a month plus a maximum of 1170 a month from work. It is also a pain to constantly check to see if I'm working too much at the pharmacy. If I can make enough money to surpass the 400 a month, I will.

Also, I've spoken with 3 different recruiters. ADHD, Depression, Arthritis, and all kinds of health issues can disqualify you from the navy. Of course, I might just take out a loan to do a 2-year masters of social work after I finish this general studies degree in a year. It makes me sick that after all those classes I took for the specialized majors I didn't like, I have to finish with a useless general studies degree. Its the worst of both worlds. That said, masters of social work programs take any undergrad degree and I was frugal with my scholarship money. Though I spend more than I get with social security and working combined (I spend about double what I earn, despite being careful with my money) The scholarship was so generous that I could pay for half of the masters program. I could always do homeless shelter to save money. I'm just sick I have to wait another 3 years to be at a secure place in life when originally it was just going to be another year. 3 years is a long time.

Ok.

As for instinctual variants...with you all I can truly say with any sense of confidence is not sx/so. I'd have to rethink 7w6 sp but I generally imagine a fairly hearty person with a big appetite...like maybe the high school drama teacher that is also active in community theater.. a true weekend warrior that hosts parties for every occasion at his suburban home...and still makes it to Sunday service smelling of booze because he's big in the choir. I always see this person as registering with others as solid and grounded in spite of the fact 5 and 6 are ruining his life so I'm not sure.

What did you think of so/sp?