• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You aren't as special as you would like to think you are...
but
you are the Rain King.

When I think of heaven
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
I think of flying down into a sea of pens and feathers
And all other instruments of faith and sex and God
In the belly of a black-winged bird
Don't try to feed me
'Cause I've been here before and I deserve a little more

I belong in the service of the Queen
I belong anywhere but in between
She's been crying, I've been thinking
And I am the rain king

I said mama, mama, mama
Why am I so alone?
I can't go outside, I'm scared, I might not make it home
But I'm alive, but I'm sinking in
If there's anyone home at your place
Why don't you invite me in?
Don't try to bleed me
'Cause I've been there before and I deserve a little more

She's been lying, I've been sinking
And I am the rain king

Hey, I only want the same as anyone
Henderson is waiting for the sun
Oh, it seems night endlessly begins and ends
After all the dreaming I come home again

When I think of heaven
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
I think of dying
Lay me down in a field of flame and heather
Render up my body into the burning heart of God
In the belly of a black-winged bird
Don't try to bleed me
'Cause I've been here before and I deserve a little more

She's been dying
And I've been drinking and I am the rain king
'Cause I say I am the rain king
'Cause I say I am the rain king, yeah
Should I try the alt-cert program for teaching since I was kicked out of the first program, or should I try for social work? I just want something that helps others in a way ADHD, Depression (I actually suspect it is bipolar instead, but depression is my formal diagnosis), Anxiety, and Autism won't get in the way of. I'll listen to the song later. I got my first pharmacy hours in a while and can't be late.

Starry

Should I try the alt-cert program for teaching since I was kicked out of the first program, or should I try for social work? I just want something that helps others in a way ADHD, Depression (I actually suspect it is bipolar instead, but depression is my formal diagnosis), Anxiety, and Autism won't get in the way of. I'll listen to the song later. I got my first pharmacy hours in a while and can't be late.

I think you should figure out what will truly make you happy...and then go after that.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you should figure out what will truly make you happy...and then go after that.

I want to have enough money to be a rich philanthropist

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They want you out of customer service that bad huh?

Go rub your elbows everywhere yes.

I've tooled around. I have experience with both the drug industry and working with people. I've had a job in the drug industry. I have a 4 year degree. I am qualified. All I have to do is ensure the powerful maintain their bottom line and ignore the ethics of killing children. I don't HAVE to consider ethics, its just something I've always felt was a positive trait. I was mistaken.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They want you out of customer service that bad huh?

Go rub your elbows everywhere yes.

Wouldn't you like to make big money so you could retire young and finally do what you want without having to worry about money restrictions?

Starry

Wouldn't you like to make big money so you could retire young and finally do what you want without having to worry about money restrictions?

You know... I grew up with money MQ. Not the *philanthropist handing out fistful of dollars* kind of money but money enough to where I would consider myself spoiled...but today totally awesomely unspoiled because I'm just zen like that.

I kinda want now to see if I can pull-off a George Muller...

6b6baffb3dbc2ecfd80a5279d116dc29.jpg

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know... I grew up with money MQ. Not the *philanthropist handing out fistful of dollars* kind of money but money enough to where I would consider myself spoiled...but today totally awesomely unspoiled because I'm just zen like that.

I kinda want now to see if I can pull-off a George Muller...

6b6baffb3dbc2ecfd80a5279d116dc29.jpg

Really, the best middle ground I can find that seems like I can do it and not be fired is school social work 45k a year and summers off. I would keep paperwork on maybe 30 students and follow them through school, making sure they are accomedated. I wouldn't be rich, and would need to stay in my poverty pocket to pay my bills on it, but I would have just enough money to not worry about it as much. I was really excited about military social work, but my medical history disqualifies me, which make me only want it more since I can't have it. Travel and helping people while getting a ridiculously good retirement after 20 years is too good to pass up, even if I'll have to find a back door way. The only way I can combine social work with those benefits is if I marry into it and then become a civilian contractor. THEN, I could travel and do social work at the same time, plus those other little perks that just make the deal even sweeter. The issue will be finding and keeping a military wife, though. If that fails, I'll accept school social work, but thats not what I really want. Its more of a consolation prize that is better than the pharmacy tech thing I'm doing now. Pharmacy tech is boring and is very ISTJ female dominated. That, and I'm super micromanaged. I had to pass on Big Pharma. The pay and benefits were great, but it didn't feel right.

Starry

I've never posted a song and expected that others would actually listen to it...and this is no exception.

This being the 7s thread though I should probably clarify that 7s are actually not "the wicked" in this song "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" in my mind as I'm assuming anyone paying serious attention to this post would assume...

To me this is how a 7 views everyone else.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

We would all like that but it is not an entitlement. If you can't do a certain job get out of it.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We would all like that but it is not an entitlement. If you can't do a certain job get out of it.

I'm going to find something. I just need to work around my adhd and other mental illnesses. ADHD gives me the hardest time of all of them, I think. The constant forgetfulness and not noticing things in my environment...I'm very hyposensitive and don't notice things most people notice because my senses are very dull. If I could just overcome that, I have the ambition to go very far.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Wisdoms of 7 seriously speaking: herher. XD

The good thing about being 7 first of all is as for my experience..
Is to be always positive regardless of any bad circumstances. XD
To always be confident amidst unfortunate events that cannot be helped.
To always look up! Look forward. XD
And appreciate and be excited about new opportunities.
keep that inner child within you eventhough you're already old. Age is just a number.
Life is meant to be happy xD because if you're not happy you're not living your life well ----- ofcourse problems arises but look up. Don't give up.
Amidst the trial put up a smile.
You can cry, you can complain, but make sure after that, you stood up again! XD

Is that a 7?
I'm actually hyper pumped up now.

And.. Live in the moment. Appreciate what's in front of you. Forget about all your worries. If you cannot solve it, or if its behind your own abilities.. Then move on, let things flow on it's proper place, cus it will be properly aligned. XD Just be positive.

Always put the right attitude towards any bad circumstances..

We cannot change those bad circumstances but we can actually change our attitude towards any bad circumstances! And, that can turn a bad circumstances into good! :)

Always learn from your mistakes..
We get knocked down but we get up again! We never quit.

*i think this is a mixture of a 7 and an 8 :)

Chumbawamba- Thubthumping -lyrics - YouTube

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
I've never posted a song and expected that others would actually listen to it...and this is no exception.

This being the 7s thread though I should probably clarify that 7s are actually not "the wicked" in this song "Ain't No Rest for the Wicked" in my mind as I'm assuming anyone paying serious attention to this post would assume...

To me this is how a 7 views everyone else.

Geez i have this on my playlist! Ain't no rest for the wicked money don't grow on trees

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I'm going to find something. I just need to work around my adhd and other mental illnesses. ADHD gives me the hardest time of all of them, I think. The constant forgetfulness and not noticing things in my environment...I'm very hyposensitive and don't notice things most people notice because my senses are very dull. If I could just overcome that, I have the ambition to go very far.

i've been seeing a lot of your posts in this thread and you're so Ne dominated I'm like

... you really gotta sit down and think about how you can do this. 'overcoming' disability is not something that just happens thru sheer willpower, and from your other posts i get the impression you ain't dealing well at the moment.

sometimes willpower and discipline can work if you've got the mental/physical resources (they call it 'spoons' in disability communities) to carry out methods that will help, but it's always dependent on other factors.

my single biggest advice from having dated an enfp who had adhd and bipolar and went off meds just so he could party, so his behaviour underwent really obvious change before my very eyes is literally this: if you can, and if it works, get on meds. they are likely going to be your best bet so you can get the mental clarity that you need to carry out tasks. otherwise, you really have to look at what could work and what can't work. and usually what you can do is very limited in these cases because neurology is a physical thing. coping methods can only help so much.

all in all, your life, that's all i've got. it just really sucks to see someone having these issues and end up making the same mistakes.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i've been seeing a lot of your posts in this thread and you're so Ne dominated I'm like

... you really gotta sit down and think about how you can do this. 'overcoming' disability is not something that just happens thru sheer willpower, and from your other posts i get the impression you ain't dealing well at the moment.

sometimes willpower and discipline can work if you've got the mental/physical resources (they call it 'spoons' in disability communities) to carry out methods that will help, but it's always dependent on other factors.

my single biggest advice from having dated an enfp who had adhd and bipolar and went off meds just so he could party, so his behaviour underwent really obvious change before my very eyes is literally this: if you can, and if it works, get on meds. they are likely going to be your best bet so you can get the mental clarity that you need to carry out tasks. otherwise, you really have to look at what could work and what can't work. and usually what you can do is very limited in these cases because neurology is a physical thing. coping methods can only help so much.

all in all, your life, that's all i've got. it just really sucks to see someone having these issues and end up making the same mistakes.
I never noticed a big difference when taking medicine.

Besides, if I can overcome it well enough, there is a clinical social work position in the navy that combines high pay, helping people, and constant travel to interesting places. If I fail, I can just do school social work as a main job and pharmacy tech on the weekends, using summer weekdays for travel. Assuming Trump doesn't gut everything, even plan B isn't as bad as it could be, and I'm dealing with students one on one that way, so I only need to deal with details and multitasking in my own time. I'm more like a cashier than the other techs in the pharmacy, since the other tasks in the pharmacy confuse me even though I've been there 3 years, but I've been there 3 years, so I might as well hold on to that lifeline until the robots take it over.