User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

Results 231 to 240 of 718

  1. #231
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I cry a lot and rarely know why anymore.
    Are you able to identify the base emotion though? Sadness, anger, frustration, fear?

    I only cry when I feel joy or "bittersweet" emotions.
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

  2. #232
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    All about this forgetting and knowing stuff. It all makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you all for your wisdom.

    Hopefully they don't cancel each other out and result in The Wheelspinning.

    They do. Wheelspinning sucks ass.
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

  3. #233
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    Your articulation; brief amplification....in real words --talk about calling someone on their bullsh*t! Yet it's innate; a devil within. A vengeful chimeristic twin, privy to the internal knowledge, the unseen conflict, the hidden weaknesses often undetected by even our closest friends; our very own Delilah, but there is no escaping what we lust after; you can't remove it without cutting out parts of yourself. A part that to the rest of the unkeen world makes us beautiful. It is beautiful. The notion of embracing --nurturing-- one's inner child; it's our genome.

    There are tides to surf, summits to climb, sunrises in a multitude of cities. Babies to hold; life is a gift! There is nothing wrong with reaching for the fruits of an abundant, present table spread out before us. And that is why she is so cunning.

    She betrays us. She's a diabolical circus clown, the bag lady, the pied piper, and we're her captive toddlers, promised something shiny, something new, our choice candies; she knows what hurts and she can somatically divide... she offers what we're told we can not have, or what he have not worked for. She makes an aphrodisiac out of our own appetites...Her aphrodisiac is a distraction to our purposes within our purpose.

    I've learned how to fight this; or at least I am trying. To remember what it is I most long for, the vision on the horizon; humor her distractions; grateful for her offering of seemly scattered wants and interests; the experiences they provide... indulge her chimeristic metastasizing thought; captivate and absorb her.

    It's impossible to hate her, he is beautiful, wide and free (she mocks me)

    And revel in the irony of seeking distraction when what you want the most seems so far off, or simply when you fear failing.. trust that you can fly.


    This is really, really good cm. Do you know your wing yet? (if you have already said forgive me as I've been distracted here lately.) I would also be interested in how you decided on sx/sp.

    For 7w6 sx/sp are the most introverted and potentially troubled which is why I've wondered if Magic Qwan is in fact one as well (although I would advise he never list his type as sx/sp during his tenure here because it would be challenged as much if not more than INFJ 7 - people misunderstand sexual dominance in general long before combining it with e7. Sexual 7s are probably the most "virginal" of all the points.)

    I'm trying to figure out how you got to where you are without making a negative connection to e5. I'm going to need to to comment more in this thread so as to help me get to where you are.
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

  4. #234
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Trying to figure out if I'm a 7 still. Please forgive any unwanted intrusions in this thread.
    All comments on the topic of 7 are welcome in this thread.
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

  5. #235
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Are you able to identify the base emotion though? Sadness, anger, frustration, fear?

    I only cry when I feel joy or "bittersweet" emotions.
    Those 4 all at once. Primarily frustration and fear.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

  6. #236
    Senior Member cm81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    This is really, really good cm. Do you know your wing yet? (if you have already said forgive me as I've been distracted here lately.) I would also be interested in how you decided on sx/sp.

    For 7w6 sx/sp are the most introverted and potentially troubled which is why I've wondered if Magic Qwan is in fact one as well (although I would advise he never list his type as sx/sp during his tenure here because it would be challenged as much if not more than INFJ 7 - people misunderstand sexual dominance in general long before combining it with e7. Sexual 7s are probably the most "virginal" of all the points.)

    I'm trying to figure out how you got to where you are without making a negative connection to e5. I'm going to need to to comment more in this thread so as to help me get to where you are.

    When I take the tests, it says I'm a 7w8...which makes way more sense to me than the w6, but I admit I haven't spent nearly as much time reading into the wing as I have in the instinctual stackings. I at first considered myself sp/sx based on what I had read, but I test opposite, so that's what I shared. The more I learn, the more I am begining to agree-- at the same time, the more I learn the more I realize I don't know; it is helping me so much (wasn't expecting that)!
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

    "There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83
    Likes Starry liked this post

  7. #237
    Step into my office. Luv Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    NiSe
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Sexual 7s are probably the most "virginal" of all the points.
    I agree very much that people tend to misunderstand the sexual instinct. I'm curious to know where you're going with the above, though, would you mind fleshing it out a bit more?

    For myself, the sx-dom instinct is less romantic/sexual in the way that many might define it; it's more descriptive of my energy, my tendency to react with intensity in everything that I do. For example, I don't simply have hobbies or interests - I feel like I psychologically fuse with them, sort of becoming them, making them as prominent in my life as I can. Without whatever currently drives me, I would feel empty and bored, given to subconsciously pursuing something to provide that fuel. I would feel anxious without these things in my life, and so I believe that I need them. I rarely like as much as I love.

    Fortunately, I love a lot of things, and consequently am very...active and passionate because of this. Over time it might seem like my identity is fluid, since I can and have replaced one intense interest with another almost casually, but it doesn't feel like that. I just get really, really into whatever it is that I get into. It's a dominating force in my life.

    Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    When I take the tests, it says I'm a 7w8...which makes way more sense to me than the w6, but I admit I haven't spent nearly as much time reading into the wing as I have in the instinctual stackings.
    For whatever it's worth, I also score as a 7w8 on online tests. I had a lot of wing confusion (sometimes, I still do) because an Eight can seem like a counterphobic Six and vice versa. I even wondered if it was possible to have balanced wings, or be wingless.

    After a lot of reading, I was inclined to choose 7w6 based on (among other things) having a more cerebral energy, possessing that buried anxiety that goes straight to my head whenever I slow down enough to let it creep into consciousness. I have racing thoughts, high energy, and sleep fairly little. I've been diagnosed with hypomanic episodes before (it's not a big deal), and while all of that feels very Seven, it also feels very mental. Fear is the stuff I'm made of, the stuff I spend my life forgetting; rage is not. A counterphobic wing could account for any aggressive tendencies that I have, as I at least understand the desire to confront one's fears if they can't be ignored. Be strong and smooth under pressure, etc.

    When it comes to general descriptions of type Six, there's honestly not much that I relate to. I get the anxiety, but the ways in which I deal with it are very different. I think it helps that my boyfriend is a 7w8, to help me feel the difference in person. I have the more playful "entertainer" energy often attached to 7w6, whereas he's got a slightly more grounded, aggressive, "entrepreneurial" edge to him. It's really neat to see.

    I haven't yet ruled out the possibility of Eight being the dominant force in my gut/anger triad, but it would be last in the tritype stacking overall.

    Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if you continue to feel a lot of uncertainty there for quite a while. Just do as much reading as you can; online tests will only get you so far.
    AMERICAN TRASH
    Ni > Se > Fe > Ti
    7w6 cp
    so SX it hurts
    Sanguine/Choleric
    Chaotic Good

    ~ Gryffindor on the streets, Slytherin in the sheets ~
    Likes cm81 liked this post

  8. #238
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luv Deluxe View Post
    I agree very much that people tend to misunderstand the sexual instinct. I'm curious to know where you're going with the above, though, would you mind fleshing it out a bit more?

    For myself, the sx-dom instinct is less romantic/sexual in the way that many might define it; it's more descriptive of my energy, my tendency to react with intensity in everything that I do. For example, I don't simply have hobbies or interests - I feel like I psychologically fuse with them, sort of becoming them, making them as prominent in my life as I can. Without whatever currently drives me, I would feel empty and bored, given to subconsciously pursuing something to provide that fuel. I would feel anxious without these things in my life, and so I believe that I need them. I rarely like as much as I love.

    Fortunately, I love a lot of things, and consequently am very...active and passionate because of this. Over time it might seem like my identity is fluid, since I can and have replaced one intense interest with another almost casually, but it doesn't feel like that. I just get really, really into whatever it is that I get into. It's a dominating force in my life.

    I honestly wasn't going anywhere other than where I went with that. Early on here, like when I first arrived, there weren't all that many of us that were into the enneagram. In many ways, I feel it was a small sub set of members that sorta worked through all of this together literally learning the enneagram from each other. Today there are so many more knowledgeable individuals that have joined...but misinformation still abounds. A highly popular myth... which prevents true sexual sevens from recognizing they are sexual sevens...while simultaneously creating a handful of super sexy non-seven mistypes is: gluttony + sexual dominance = nymphomaniac

    ^^This is why I would advise the impressionable Magic Qwan to never, ever list his type as sx/sp in spite of the likelihood he probably is one. He gets challenged enough on ENFP and 7 as it is.

    The truth of it is though is that sexual sevens are often some of the most non-sexual of them all. What you describe sounds right to me.
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.
    Likes The Wailing Specter, cm81 liked this post

  9. #239
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I honestly wasn't going anywhere other than where I went with that. Early on here, like when I first arrived, there weren't all that many of us that were into the enneagram. In many ways, I feel it was a small sub set of members that sorta worked through all of this together literally learning the enneagram from each other. Today there are so many more knowledgeable individuals that have joined...but misinformation still abounds. A highly popular myth... which prevents true sexual sevens from recognizing they are sexual sevens...while simultaneously creating a handful of super sexy non-seven mistypes is: gluttony + sexual dominance = nymphomaniac

    ^^This is why I would advise the impressionable Magic Qwan to never, ever list his type as sx/sp in spite of the likelihood he probably is one. He gets challenged enough on ENFP and 7 as it is.

    The truth of it is though is that sexual sevens are often some of the most non-sexual of them all. What you describe sounds right to me.
    It resonates with me, too. I get frustrated by "the tease," though.
    Merging with that 'hobby' is the beginning, but you never feel close enough.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

  10. #240
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    The truth of it is though is that sexual sevens are often some of the most non-sexual of them all.
    And you think I'm sx/so?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

    Likes Starry liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Possible types based on Wisdom of the Enneagram tests
    By Grublet in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 09:37 AM
  2. [Enneagram] The Wisdom of the Enneagram (Riso and Hudson)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
  3. The Wisdom Of Foolishness
    By highlander in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
  4. The Wisdom of Hate Crimes <split>
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO