The Dark Lord Array The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by corpseparty View Post
    It is a sort of shield for "The Forgetting". It is the tool that it uses in order to convince us that we should remain inert and keep following a course without any sort of reasoning, or critical analysis. You could say that it is the voice of "The Forgetting". It is the whisper telling you "Everything will be fine, just keep moving. Don't look, just keep moving. Do you see what you could have, run after it." It means all of this without ever showing you how, because it makes you believe that you already know. It forces you to forget, and provides you a sense of "Knowing" without reasoning.
    Self-review: "The Forgetting" is when you forget life lessons and forget your problems, right?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Self-review: "The Forgetting" is when you forget life lessons and forget your problems, right?
    The Forgetting refers to the moment positive outlook kicks back in causing you to forget the painful feelings which were alerting you to an emotional wound that needs healing...or even a more practical life problem that we abandon...refusing to address/solve...once positive outlook presents us with a new unrealistic dream to chase down. It is our path of least resistance. We will abandon the hard work of cleaning-up ourselves, our lives...and/or our messes as soon as "The Knowing" reminds us that all will be fine if we just keep moving forward. We don't need to work through the pain because we *absolutely know* something wonderful from the external/spiritual world will step-in and save us. If we just hold-on and keep our chin up and believe and keep moving forward...a happy thing will happen very soon. We just know it will.

@corpseparty your words were difficult for me to read which is what made me understand how profoundly real they were/are. The Knowing has emotionally supported me my whole life. I literally get tears in my eyes thinking of this and I'm not necessarily talking about sadness here. I'm in many ways in the Knowing's debt but need to get it to function properly.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور
    Likes The Wailing Specter, corpseparty liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    The Forgetting refers to the moment positive outlook kicks back in causing you to forget the painful feelings which were alerting you to an emotional wound that needs healing...or even a more practical life problem that we abandon...refusing to address/solve...once positive outlook presents us with a new unrealistic dream to chase down. It is our path of least resistance. We will abandon the hard work of cleaning-up ourselves, our lives...and/or our messes as soon as "The Knowing" reminds us that all will be fine if we just keep moving forward. We don't need to work through the pain because we *absolutely know* something wonderful from the external/spiritual world will step-in and save us. If we just hold-on and keep our chin up and believe and keep moving forward...a happy thing will happen very soon. We just know it will.
    The Knowing. At least the title doesn't dilute the fact that we are aware, but I'm more prone to calling it "Devil's Advocate".
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83
    Likes Starry, The Wailing Specter liked this post

Intentionally Clementine Array Starry's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cm81 View Post
    The Knowing. At least the title doesn't dilute the fact that we are aware, but I'm more prone to calling it "Devil's Advocate".
    I really am excited about your contribution here (you don't even know! yeah.) Imagining the FJ 7 might have a whole new way of looking at this issue I want you to expand rather than me incorrectly twisting it EP style. So, are you talking Devil's Advocate as in a Temptress of sorts? Please lend this thread your Knowing...
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

@corpseparty your words were difficult for me to read which is what made me understand how profoundly real they were/are. The Knowing has emotionally supported me my whole life. I literally get tears in my eyes thinking of this and I'm not necessarily talking about sadness here. I'm in many ways in the Knowing's debt but need to get it to function properly.
    I cry a lot and rarely know why anymore.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Entertaining Cracker Array five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

All about this forgetting and knowing stuff. It all makes a lot of sense to me. Thank you all for your wisdom.

Hopefully they don't cancel each other out and result in The Wheelspinning.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    714 sx/sp
    Socionics
    infj Ni

I really am excited about your contribution here (you don't even know! yeah.) Imagining the FJ 7 might have a whole new way of looking at this issue I want you to expand rather than me incorrectly twisting it EP style. So, are you talking Devil's Advocate as in a Temptress of sorts? Please lend this thread your Knowing...

Your articulation; brief amplification....in real words --talk about calling someone on their bullsh*t! Yet it's innate; a devil within. A vengeful chimeristic twin, privy to the internal knowledge, the unseen conflict, the hidden weaknesses often undetected by even our closest friends; our very own Delilah, but there is no escaping what we lust after; you can't remove it without cutting out parts of yourself. A part that to the rest of the unkeen world makes us beautiful. It is beautiful. The notion of embracing --nurturing-- one's inner child; it's our genome.

There are tides to surf, summits to climb, sunrises in a multitude of cities. Babies to hold; life is a gift! There is nothing wrong with reaching for the fruits of an abundant, present table spread out before us. And that is why she is so cunning.

She betrays us. She's a diabolical circus clown, the bag lady, the pied piper, and we're her captive toddlers, promised something shiny, something new, our choice candies; she knows what hurts and she can somatically divide... she offers what we're told we can not have, or what he have not worked for. She makes an aphrodisiac out of our own appetites...Her aphrodisiac is a distraction to our purposes within our purpose.

I've learned how to fight this; or at least I am trying. To remember what it is I most long for, the vision on the horizon; humor her distractions; grateful for her offering of seemly scattered wants and interests; the experiences they provide... indulge her chimeristic metastasizing thought; captivate and absorb her.

It's impossible to hate her, she is beautiful, wide and free (she mocks me)

And revel in the irony of seeking distraction when what you want the most seems so far off, or simply when you fear failing.. trust that you can fly.

Last edited by cm81; 11-28-2014 at 03:05 PM. Reason: adding video.... video function not exactly functioning properly today
    "The true genius shudders at incompleteness, preferring silence to everything that it should be." Edgar Allen Poe

"There's a magic inside,
    Just waiting to burst out.
    There world is a goldmine-
    That will melt tomorrow."M83
    Likes corpseparty, Starry liked this post

failure to thrive Array AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Trying to figure out if I'm a 7 still. Please forgive any unwanted intrusions in this thread.

I don't know about forgetting or knowing. But I definitely IGNORE or refuse in any data that does not jive with my own knowledge or experience. I used to think this was a Ni/Si J thing, but now I am wondering if it's an overlay of just being enne 7... Because other INFJs or INTJs would still listen to incoming data probably, then reject it, or incorporate parts of it as necessary. I won't even LISTEN to it if I gleen it is headed somewhere I do not want to go.

I need to go back and read more of this thread about the Knowing part of being enne 7 that you mean. But I'm sort of fascinated with realizing I may be a 7. Being a 7 SX almost explains far better about how I am weird than being INFJ does.

Characteristics: does not worry about consequences, tends to do dangerous things without adequate precautions, always seeking new challenges, unpredictable, lives for pleasure, loves physical exertion, loves to test their strength, more desire than fear, loves night life and crowds, adrenaline junkie, impulsive, enjoys fighting, open to pretty much anything, believes that fun is the most important thing in life, loves to exercise, not opposed to breaking laws, prefers the unfamiliar to the familiar, prefers autonomy, likes to perform, ambitious, uninhibited, likes camping, erotic, likes to lead, most people think they are crazy, remains calm when others panic, cannot sit still, has an all or nothing personality, self promoting, risk taker, brave, likes to be different

No type is likely to be adventurous like a 7w8.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Trying to figure out if I'm a 7 still. Please forgive any unwanted intrusions in this thread.

I don't know about forgetting or knowing. But I definitely IGNORE or refuse in any data that does not jive with my own knowledge or experience. I used to think this was a Ni/Si J thing, but now I am wondering if it's an overlay of just being enne 7... Because other INFJs or INTJs would still listen to incoming data probably, then reject it, or incorporate parts of it as necessary. I won't even LISTEN to it if I gleen it is headed somewhere I do not want to go.

I need to go back and read more of this thread about the Knowing part of being enne 7 that you mean. But I'm sort of fascinated with realizing I may be a 7. Being a 7 SX almost explains far better about how I am weird than being INFJ does.

Characteristics: does not worry about consequences, tends to do dangerous things without adequate precautions, always seeking new challenges, unpredictable, lives for pleasure, loves physical exertion, loves to test their strength, more desire than fear, loves night life and crowds, adrenaline junkie, impulsive, enjoys fighting, open to pretty much anything, believes that fun is the most important thing in life, loves to exercise, not opposed to breaking laws, prefers the unfamiliar to the familiar, prefers autonomy, likes to perform, ambitious, uninhibited, likes camping, erotic, likes to lead, most people think they are crazy, remains calm when others panic, cannot sit still, has an all or nothing personality, self promoting, risk taker, brave, likes to be different

No type is likely to be adventurous like a 7w8.
    7w8, maybe...
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    INFx

INFJ 7s are suddenly everywhere...we've been attacked!
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    E. A. Poe
    Likes Chanaynay, five sounds, Starry liked this post

Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast