User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Results 201 to 210 of 683

  1. #201
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    And here I though the discussion was quite non-violent haha. Please, go to sleep.

    edit: okay i'm seeing your edits to your posts. Detach and sleep MQ. Detach and sleep.
    Ok…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

  2. #202
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Ok…
    More like OK.

    MQ, I didn't notice until just now that you were bouncing back and forth between two threads...and wouldn't have started anything here had I known. Knowing you, I feel it best that you receive encouragement/guidance from one source (or a group of 7s that function as 'one source') or I know you will become confused and agitated like you just did. Especially when there appears to be such different advice...and perhaps even motivations.

    There's so much other stuff I can talk about in here...and so I feel it is best if you work with your other thread and "source."

    I am going to finish my detachment story just because it's incomplete...but that's for all 7s and not a call for your comment. I want you to work through what you need to without confusion. I'm thinking about you though - you know that. And always wishing you the best.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Turn off the green light MQ.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

  4. #204
    Biting Shards Dr Mobius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    734

    Default

    A boy's will is the wind's will,
    And the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts."


    Always reminds me of e7s.
    The two would never be separated, and some say they are together still, up amongst the stars where hamsters are giants and men become legends.
    Likes Starry liked this post

  5. #205
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    More like OK.

    MQ, I didn't notice until just now that you were bouncing back and forth between two threads...and wouldn't have started anything here had I known. Knowing you, I feel it best that you receive encouragement/guidance from one source (or a group of 7s that function as 'one source') or I know you will become confused and agitated like you just did. Especially when there appears to be such different advice...and perhaps even motivations.

    There's so much other stuff I can talk about in here...and so I feel it is best if you work with your other thread and "source."

    I am going to finish my detachment story just because it's incomplete...but that's for all 7s and not a call for your comment. I want you to work through what you need to without confusion. I'm thinking about you though - you know that. And always wishing you the best.
    The other thread…that was skylights telling me about the moon above her city.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    The other thread…that was skylights telling me about the moon above her city.

    I didn't read the other thread.

    You know, I'm here to talk about enneagram 7. I have spoken directly to you many times because I see that you are stuck in an unhealthy 7 cycle. When you mentioned the medication thing I became extremely uncomfortable for a bazillion reasons including how inappropriate I believe it is to suggest something like that to someone as impressionable and desperate as you are.

    But even if I was 100% certain that medication would benefit you I wouldn't suggest starting it when under extreme pressure...like during "pharmacy trials" ...due to the fact there are often side-effects etc. that your body must adjust to.

    The fact you went ahead and did all of that...without first being reassessed...just because someone at TypoC repped you that (during one of our dialogues no less which surely would have been in direct opposition to anything I was saying) makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

    I'm just here to talk about 7 and once taken to this level of seriousness/inappropriateness...I need out. I think you should continue to look to others for advice etc. I do love you. I just can't stand alongside or behind this kind of thing as it breeches ethics or something imo. I hope you understand.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

  7. #207
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I didn't read the other thread.

    You know, I'm here to talk about enneagram 7. I have spoken directly to you many times because I see that you are stuck in an unhealthy 7 cycle. When you mentioned the medication thing I became extremely uncomfortable for a bazillion reasons including how inappropriate I believe it is to suggest something like that to someone as impressionable and desperate as you are.

    But even if I was 100% certain that medication would benefit you I wouldn't suggest starting it when under extreme pressure...like during "pharmacy trials" ...due to the fact there are often side-effects etc. that your body must adjust to.

    The fact you went ahead and did all of that...without first being reassessed...just because someone at TypoC repped you that (during one of our dialogues no less which surely would have been in direct opposition to anything I was saying) makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

    I'm just here to talk about 7 and once take to the above level of seriousness/inappropriateness I think you to look to others for advice etc. I do love you. I just can't stand behind it and I hope you understand.
    You give the best advice starry. I love you, too.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    You give the best advice starry. I love you, too.
    That's very sweet MQ and I appreciate the sentiment so much ...but it's actually serving to increase my level off discomfort haha (not necessarily funny but I do laugh at these kinds of things) as opposed to decrease it.

    I do not feel I'm providing you with advice. I feel you and I and every other participant in this thread are exploring the best of 7...and how to cultivate that in all of us. I am learning as much from you as you are from me. We are equals.

    Part of the fear that came over me though...is that I am someone that is currently in a place where I either take short-cuts in my communication and depend on others that know me, my heart, my soul... to piece together my meaning..."I understand how she means/meant that." Or I just wouldn't be able to communicate at all. And so perhaps I've gone ahead and used the word "advice" (I actually strongly dislike that word so maybe not idk) instead of having taken the time to truly spell out what "advice" is standing in for because I'm tired and distracted and dealing with the same exact struggles as you are. The fact that I'm older and have accumulated more life experience may also create a sense of "instructor/instructee" <-but I mean it when I say that is not my experience of it. The way I see it is...I have extra information that may be of some use to you when you go to advise yourself. I can share with you my experience and what has benefited me but I will never presume to know your path and precisely how you should walk it.

    If you were to go out and immediately/blindly do something that registered with you as "advice" as it pertained to something I said that would be very troubling to me.

    Anyway, I didn't understand what you meant last night when you said "in and out, torn" and so these pressing concerns in me came to the surface (I imagined from what had occurred previously that you were torn between what was to you "conflicting advice.") There are people here that feel comfortable giving advice. I am not one of those people.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

  9. #209
    The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne
    Posts
    3,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    That's very sweet MQ and I appreciate the sentiment so much ...but it's actually serving to increase my level off discomfort haha (not necessarily funny but I do laugh at these kinds of things) as opposed to decrease it.

    I do not feel I'm providing you with advice. I feel you and I and every other participant in this thread are exploring the best of 7...and how to cultivate that in all of us. I am learning as much from you as you are from me. We are equals.

    Part of the fear that came over me though...is that I am someone that is currently in a place where I either take short-cuts in my communication and depend on others that know me, my heart, my soul... to piece together my meaning..."I understand how she means/meant that." Or I just wouldn't be able to communicate at all. And so perhaps I've gone ahead and used the word "advice" (I actually strongly dislike that word so maybe not idk) instead of having taken the time to truly spell out what "advice" is standing in for because I'm tired and distracted and dealing with the same exact struggles as you are. The fact that I'm older and have accumulated more life experience may also create a sense of "instructor/instructee" <-but I mean it when I say that is not my experience of it. The way I see it is...I have extra information that may be of some use to you when you go to advise yourself. I can share with you my experience and what has benefited me but I will never presume to know your path and precisely how you should walk it.

    If you were to go out and immediately/blindly do something that registered with you as "advice" as it pertained to something I said that would be very troubling to me.

    Anyway, I didn't understand what you meant last night when you said "in and out, torn" and so these pressing concerns in me came to the surface (I imagined from what had occurred previously that you were torn between what was you "conflicting advice.") There are people here that feel comfortable giving advice. I am not one of those people.
    Torn between decisions. I am continuing to look for more jobs, part of me is constantly scolding me and I have been getting different feedback than you at home. My mother sees me as "too weak for educational leadership." You say I should do teaching, though. My mother, mother's mother, mother's mother's mother, and mother's mother's mother's mother were all teachers. Hell, education has been on my family longer than anything else I can think of, though it was just all the women in my family that did it. I the first male in my family to do it.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Gender: Male
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST


    I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

    You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

    -Magic Qwan
    Likes Starry liked this post

  10. #210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    Torn between decisions. I am continuing to look for more jobs, part of me is constantly scolding me and I have been getting different feedback than you at home. My mother sees me as "too weak for educational leadership." You say I should do teaching, though. My mother, mother's mother, mother's mother's mother, and mother's mother's mother's mother were all teachers. Hell, education has been on my family longer than anything else I can think of, though it was just all the women in my family that did it. I the first male in my family to do it.

    I threw teaching onto the table because it would be a profession where you could easily combine your love for astronomy and inspiring people. And no, I'm not talking primary or secondary education. Nor am I necessarily imagining a tenured professor required to do research. I'm talking about a job so easy a trained monkey could do it (and don't anyone come on here and try to say otherwise as I've been one thank you...)

    I'm talking about an instructor at a community college...Astronomy 101


    ^^again just brainstorming ideas.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

Similar Threads

  1. Possible types based on Wisdom of the Enneagram tests
    By Grublet in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2015, 09:37 AM
  2. [Enneagram] The Wisdom of the Enneagram (Riso and Hudson)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
  3. The Wisdom Of Foolishness
    By highlander in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
  4. The Wisdom of Hate Crimes <split>
    By Lateralus in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 10:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts