• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Should I take that as a compliment? Should I be worried? How old are you to even say "my younger self" I swear to God if I find out you are younger than 50 Im going to smack you. You are still too young to be saying "well, back in my day sunny... I remmember back when... when I was your age..."

Maybe he means in the womb. You guys could've both been mean kickers.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Maybe he means in the womb. You guys could've both been mean kickers.

Oh, don't even talk to me about being kicked in the womb. You haven't experienced kicking until you've been in with this mighty fetus here. ;)

Just kidding. I'm a passive aggressive softie. ❤️

Starry

Knew someone would say something like this. I guess it is a very natural reaction to have. It's also a misunderstanding of where I'm coming from and the sentiment that motivated that post.

Which is that I love the people in this thread and the experience, wisdom, honesty and kindness they've brought with them and a part of me envies what they have ... all the more intensely because it's not replicable. No amount of initiative or effort or bootstraps or whatever is going to bring you any closer to a kindred spirit ... or help someone looking in from the outside begin to understand you.

Nope, this thread is definitely one of a kind.

I was borderline crying when I
read this.

I'm actually speechless and choked-up.
I hope those two things convey more of how I feel
than any combination of words I might throw together.
I am a better person having read this.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

Got around to my tri type. Its 7w8, 4w5, 8w7. Do what you will with it. You seem to know more about it then I do.

I'm kinda tripping out a little bit on how you and lil_red's avatars are so similar (totally don't know his/her new user name but do have a vague feeling it might be in Japanese which will not even remotely make that more challenging for me to remember)

Not to make you jealous or anything but I will disclose at this time that Peter Pan 7w8 was my first imaginary boyfriend.

The Messenger

Interest:
– implementing and manifesting their original vision
– love freedom
– want to be an authority

Mission:
– find truth and communicate your findings

Character:
– passionate
– cutting edge
– innovative
– compassionate
– freedom seeking
– very creative
– non conformist
– flamboyant
– exploring
– intuitive
– straight-forward
– original
– inspirational
– self-possessed
– unconventional
– intense
– can be moody and eccentric
– outgoing
– spontaneous
– individualistic
– assertive
– optimistic
– confrontational
– fun-loving
– fast-paced
– emotional
– powerful
– aesthetically brilliant
– visionary

Blind spot:
– so focused on your opinions, inside and what is new and profound -> come across as arrogant, resistant and uncooperative[/QUOTE]

7 enegram wisdom

"The suspense is terrible. I hope it will last."
― Oscar Wilde

"You've a good heart. Sometimes that's enough to see you safe wherever you go. But mostly, it's not."
― Neil Gaiman, Neverwhere

Love.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel like thats a recipe for disaster and we might unintentionally rule the world.

Which isnt a bad thing....

Im down.

Wait, can 5s serve in an advisory capacity in this sinister cabal?

[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] would probably love that.

Starry

So you think I am a 7-9-3? Yeah I am cool with those three letters.

Oh yeah. I've pissed quite a lot of people. Mainly online. IRL I can see the state of the person I am talking to and that person can see I am joking too and notice that I joke a shit ton anyway. I usually don't get people offended in RL. Also in my defense I don't knowingly make jokes at the expense of something which is bothering someone and acknowledge others' sensitivities and kinda admire people who are open and confident about their sensitive side, which is probably why I like/admire ENFJs. So I don't really run my mouth all the time and when running my mouth I know I can either get away with it and MOSTLY the other person will be cool with it. Online though body language they cannot see.

All what you have said about e7s I can relate to -

- I feel good about myself

- I assume others are feeling good about themselves too

- When everyone feels good...jokes towards self and others are entertaining and pose no threat to anyone's ego because no one actually takes any of these playful jokes seriously...... something I can see myself believing in.

Ps - I'm So Cute is supposed to be sarcastic. I hope people don't really believe that I believe I come across as someone sweet/cute. Lolz.

Even if we ignore the part of me that makes risky jokes I don't think I've ever felt or has been or claimed to be conflict avoidant. However, I am more diplomatic than conflictish for sure BUT through diplomacy I get into conflicts all the time. I can handle it. I am good with words. I can prove a point, except with CP 6s perhaps. Don't even waste your time I tell myself. Online it might be a bit harder to resolve conflicts by arguing or proving your point (you've probably noticed how arguments could be longer online.)

The question is, are 9s (esp 9w8s) so conflict avoidant as it is said? Do they not even take such silly risks? [MENTION=21883]sunyata[/MENTION] is a 9w8 (I think) and you often see him joking around too with a bit of risk and his ones are more dangerous as they carry sarcasm and satire which could offend people more. However I don't see other E9s doing that too much though. Infact it's very rare.

The last sentence 'Unpredictability avoidance' makes sense with 9s. I've read often they don't like change too much. Unpredictability of conversations I can handle. Obviously in life, it's not always the same. I am NOT counter arguing here with your point.

I dont feel removed from people enough to think a simple apology is enough. There really isnt much i can do other than sincerely apologize and make a mental note not to do that again with that person

This whole para is a bit confusing.

Did you mean 'rare to hear a core 9 not self-efface?' This is the first time I learned the meaning of the word and I am using it in a sentence. Not clear what you are saying in that sentence and what is in the brackets.

Well I do deliberate conflict too. Did you mean to say when e9s take a risk they deliberate that rather than *I wonder how it goes*? I see myself doing both of that but mostly it's a risk.

Building themselves up in what scenario? arguments, conflicts, jokes etc. Perhaps e7s don't build things up you mean. They just jump right in any of those scenarios you mean. I can see myself doing both though.

Thank you for this. You are awesome. Did I ever tell you that :p.

----

I have been warming upto the idea of e7 for sometime now. And the points you made above made me think 'wow I am a 7.' Only a few things that stand in myself though -

- Not spontaneous

I am not a spontaneous guy. I am more planned in my actions even when I have fun. In conversations and when I am with people I am definitely spontaneous (especially in conversations) and definitely extroverted.

- Not the dude that drags people into doing things -

Have you noticed this in 7 esp 7w8s. They drag you out and make you do things in a day that someone hasn't done in a year. I am not that guy. 7w8s can make you feel as though you are a turtle. I don't.

- Not energetic -

I would never call myself the energetic dude. No way. Again in conversations I am but not physically.

- Inertia

This is a genuine problem of mine especially when I was younger. I would say e7s when younger are more active than when they are older. Whereas I am the opposite of that. Very inactive I was when I was young. Though I am active now my activities are planned. Not spontaneous.

Even though you made some awesome points above these are the main reasons I have e9 still at the back of my mind still, a bit. But right now I would say 7 > 9.

riva, while I'm thinking this over will you do me a favor...

I am of the opinion that the member Rasofy is mistyped. Are you familiar with Rasofy? (do not mention him haha. He has an emotional side and this may be upsetting to him. I don't think he would ever read the 7s thread so I do believe we're safe here.)

He currently types as INTP 5w6 sp/sx

^how do you feel about this? what would you change if anything?

Starry

Wait...are you saying you're possibly a 4? :horror:

Or are you saying "yes, I'm the 478 tritype...better known in this thread as 748."

Do you think I'm a 4? *mysterious*

Do you think I should start a Type Me thread?

*No I just wrote that wrong
Oh whoops...your 2nd option is what I was trying to do.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I decided to go into one of my Tumblr tags to see if I had anything worth adding to this thread, here's what I got:

--

"لا أبحث عن نصفي الأخر لأنني لستُ نصفًا.
I’m not searching for my other half because I’m not a half."

--

"Did you say it? I love you. I don’t ever wanna live without you. You changed my life. Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it. But every now and then look around. Drink it in. ‘Cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow."
-Grey's Anatomy

--

"We're not put on this earth to live perfect lives where we never get hurt or we never make mistakes. We're put here to hurl ourselves headfirst into this crazy world. And the bruises and scrapes you get along the way, they just mean you're living life.
-As Told by Ginger

--

"No matter how many times I fall, I'll stand up again."
-Lovely Complex

--

"Dont miss out on something that could be great just because it could also be difficult."

--

Aang: "So, Toph says you give good advice, and great tea."
Iroh: "The key to both is proper aging."

--

"The best thing we can do for the dead is do their share of living with a smile."
-Black Cat

--

:blush:

Starry

Wait, can 5s serve in an advisory capacity in this sinister cabal?

[MENTION=21639]Kullervo[/MENTION] would probably love that.

I ran a search on my posts earlier today looking for something...and I found stuff from the past where I was being so nice to you.

Permabanned
Do you think I'm a 4? *mysterious*

*No I just wrote that wrong
Oh whoops...your 2nd option is what I was trying to do.
Type Me threads are so last...

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

If you started a Type Me thread I wonder how it'd turn out...maybe either a lot of traffic with those people apparently saying 6w5 or it'd just be everyone echoing how you're the sage of 7 wisdom.

Starry

I'm confused.

haha.

You told me a month or two ago that I had been aggressive to you. Well, I have evidence that says otherwise... *burn*
I just by coincidence stumbled across an old thread where I'm actually defending you. Bad memory.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
haha.

You told me a month or two ago that I had been aggressive to you. Well, I have evidence that says otherwise... *burn*
I just by coincidence stumbled across an old thread where I'm actually defending you. Bad memory.

I remembered wrong, then. I might have been thinking of someone else. I apologize.

Permabanned
You're nobody here until you've had a Type Me thread.
sticker,375x360.png