• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] The Wisdom of the Enneagram Seven

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And here I though the discussion was quite non-violent haha. Please, go to sleep.

edit: okay i'm seeing your edits to your posts. Detach and sleep MQ. Detach and sleep.

Ok…

Starry

Ok…

More like OK.

MQ, I didn't notice until just now that you were bouncing back and forth between two threads...and wouldn't have started anything here had I known. Knowing you, I feel it best that you receive encouragement/guidance from one source (or a group of 7s that function as 'one source') or I know you will become confused and agitated like you just did. Especially when there appears to be such different advice...and perhaps even motivations.

There's so much other stuff I can talk about in here...and so I feel it is best if you work with your other thread and "source."

I am going to finish my detachment story just because it's incomplete...but that's for all 7s and not a call for your comment. I want you to work through what you need to without confusion. I'm thinking about you though - you know that. And always wishing you the best.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A boy's will is the wind's will,
And the thoughts of youth are long, long thoughts."

Always reminds me of e7s.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
More like OK.

MQ, I didn't notice until just now that you were bouncing back and forth between two threads...and wouldn't have started anything here had I known. Knowing you, I feel it best that you receive encouragement/guidance from one source (or a group of 7s that function as 'one source') or I know you will become confused and agitated like you just did. Especially when there appears to be such different advice...and perhaps even motivations.

There's so much other stuff I can talk about in here...and so I feel it is best if you work with your other thread and "source."

I am going to finish my detachment story just because it's incomplete...but that's for all 7s and not a call for your comment. I want you to work through what you need to without confusion. I'm thinking about you though - you know that. And always wishing you the best.
The other thread…that was skylights telling me about the moon above her city.

Starry

The other thread…that was skylights telling me about the moon above her city.

I didn't read the other thread.

You know, I'm here to talk about enneagram 7. I have spoken directly to you many times because I see that you are stuck in an unhealthy 7 cycle. When you mentioned the medication thing I became extremely uncomfortable for a bazillion reasons including how inappropriate I believe it is to suggest something like that to someone as impressionable and desperate as you are.

But even if I was 100% certain that medication would benefit you I wouldn't suggest starting it when under extreme pressure...like during "pharmacy trials" ...due to the fact there are often side-effects etc. that your body must adjust to.

The fact you went ahead and did all of that...without first being reassessed...just because someone at TypoC repped you that (during one of our dialogues no less which surely would have been in direct opposition to anything I was saying) makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

I'm just here to talk about 7 and once taken to this level of seriousness/inappropriateness...I need out. I think you should continue to look to others for advice etc. I do love you. I just can't stand alongside or behind this kind of thing as it breeches ethics or something imo. I hope you understand.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't read the other thread.

You know, I'm here to talk about enneagram 7. I have spoken directly to you many times because I see that you are stuck in an unhealthy 7 cycle. When you mentioned the medication thing I became extremely uncomfortable for a bazillion reasons including how inappropriate I believe it is to suggest something like that to someone as impressionable and desperate as you are.

But even if I was 100% certain that medication would benefit you I wouldn't suggest starting it when under extreme pressure...like during "pharmacy trials" ...due to the fact there are often side-effects etc. that your body must adjust to.

The fact you went ahead and did all of that...without first being reassessed...just because someone at TypoC repped you that (during one of our dialogues no less which surely would have been in direct opposition to anything I was saying) makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

I'm just here to talk about 7 and once take to the above level of seriousness/inappropriateness I think you to look to others for advice etc. I do love you. I just can't stand behind it and I hope you understand.
You give the best advice starry. I love you, too.

Starry

You give the best advice starry. I love you, too.

That's very sweet MQ and I appreciate the sentiment so much ...but it's actually serving to increase my level off discomfort haha (not necessarily funny but I do laugh at these kinds of things) as opposed to decrease it.

I do not feel I'm providing you with advice. I feel you and I and every other participant in this thread are exploring the best of 7...and how to cultivate that in all of us. I am learning as much from you as you are from me. We are equals.

Part of the fear that came over me though...is that I am someone that is currently in a place where I either take short-cuts in my communication and depend on others that know me, my heart, my soul... to piece together my meaning..."I understand how she means/meant that." Or I just wouldn't be able to communicate at all. And so perhaps I've gone ahead and used the word "advice" (I actually strongly dislike that word so maybe not idk) instead of having taken the time to truly spell out what "advice" is standing in for because I'm tired and distracted and dealing with the same exact struggles as you are. The fact that I'm older and have accumulated more life experience may also create a sense of "instructor/instructee" <-but I mean it when I say that is not my experience of it. The way I see it is...I have extra information that may be of some use to you when you go to advise yourself. I can share with you my experience and what has benefited me but I will never presume to know your path and precisely how you should walk it.

If you were to go out and immediately/blindly do something that registered with you as "advice" as it pertained to something I said that would be very troubling to me.

Anyway, I didn't understand what you meant last night when you said "in and out, torn" and so these pressing concerns in me came to the surface (I imagined from what had occurred previously that you were torn between what was to you "conflicting advice.") There are people here that feel comfortable giving advice. I am not one of those people.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's very sweet MQ and I appreciate the sentiment so much ...but it's actually serving to increase my level off discomfort haha (not necessarily funny but I do laugh at these kinds of things) as opposed to decrease it.

I do not feel I'm providing you with advice. I feel you and I and every other participant in this thread are exploring the best of 7...and how to cultivate that in all of us. I am learning as much from you as you are from me. We are equals.

Part of the fear that came over me though...is that I am someone that is currently in a place where I either take short-cuts in my communication and depend on others that know me, my heart, my soul... to piece together my meaning..."I understand how she means/meant that." Or I just wouldn't be able to communicate at all. And so perhaps I've gone ahead and used the word "advice" (I actually strongly dislike that word so maybe not idk) instead of having taken the time to truly spell out what "advice" is standing in for because I'm tired and distracted and dealing with the same exact struggles as you are. The fact that I'm older and have accumulated more life experience may also create a sense of "instructor/instructee" <-but I mean it when I say that is not my experience of it. The way I see it is...I have extra information that may be of some use to you when you go to advise yourself. I can share with you my experience and what has benefited me but I will never presume to know your path and precisely how you should walk it.

If you were to go out and immediately/blindly do something that registered with you as "advice" as it pertained to something I said that would be very troubling to me.

Anyway, I didn't understand what you meant last night when you said "in and out, torn" and so these pressing concerns in me came to the surface (I imagined from what had occurred previously that you were torn between what was you "conflicting advice.") There are people here that feel comfortable giving advice. I am not one of those people.
Torn between decisions. I am continuing to look for more jobs, part of me is constantly scolding me and I have been getting different feedback than you at home. My mother sees me as "too weak for educational leadership." You say I should do teaching, though. My mother, mother's mother, mother's mother's mother, and mother's mother's mother's mother were all teachers. Hell, education has been on my family longer than anything else I can think of, though it was just all the women in my family that did it. I the first male in my family to do it.

Starry

Torn between decisions. I am continuing to look for more jobs, part of me is constantly scolding me and I have been getting different feedback than you at home. My mother sees me as "too weak for educational leadership." You say I should do teaching, though. My mother, mother's mother, mother's mother's mother, and mother's mother's mother's mother were all teachers. Hell, education has been on my family longer than anything else I can think of, though it was just all the women in my family that did it. I the first male in my family to do it.

I threw teaching onto the table because it would be a profession where you could easily combine your love for astronomy and inspiring people. And no, I'm not talking primary or secondary education. Nor am I necessarily imagining a tenured professor required to do research. I'm talking about a job so easy a trained monkey could do it (and don't anyone come on here and try to say otherwise as I've been one thank you...)

I'm talking about an instructor at a community college...Astronomy 101

^^again just brainstorming ideas.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I threw teaching onto the table because it would be a profession where you could easily combine your love for astronomy and inspiring people. And no, I'm not talking primary or secondary education. Nor am I necessarily imagining a tenured professor required to do research. I'm talking about a job so easy a trained monkey could do it (and don't anyone come on here and try to say otherwise as I've been one thank you...)

I'm talking about an instructor at a community college...Astronomy 101

^^again just brainstorming ideas.

Aside from stargazing with pure wonder and a hobbyist level of telescope know-how, I don't know much about the field except there is some math involved.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love you starry. I still dream of adventures like yours, though I am still job hunting. All is not lost, i just need to keep searching and never be too busy to spread compassion and mercy where it is needed.

Starry

"Ever since my house burnt down
I see the moon more clearly.
I gazed upon all the Edens that have fallen in me.
I saw Edens that I had held in my hands,
but let go.
I saw promises I did not keep,
Pains I did not sooth,
Wounds I did not heal,
Tears I did not shed,
I saw deaths I did not mourn,
Prayers I did not answer,
Doors I did not open,
Doors I did not close,
Lovers I left behind,
And dreams I did not live.
I saw all that was offered to me

......Remember your dreams"

Yeah.

Giving this a more appropriate home.

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I was sitting before class thinking about 7-ness and what you call "The Forgetting" and I came up with an addendum, or perhaps even a new territory to that idea.

I called it "The Knowing". It is a technique "The Forgetting" does in order to keep you from trying to investigate into the reality of a situation. I am not sure if you have already thought of this and have termed it differently, but I thought that you might like the thought.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I was sitting before class thinking about 7-ness and what you call "The Forgetting" and I came up with an addendum, or perhaps even a new territory to that idea.

I called it "The Knowing". It is a technique "The Forgetting" does in order to keep you from trying to investigate into the reality of a situation. I am not sure if you have already thought of this and have termed it differently, but I thought that you might like the thought.

Holy shit no...please tell me and anyone that seeks 7 wisdom in this thread all you've got on *the Knowing*.

I actually (perhaps incorrectly) consider myself to be a fairly sober 7 now and I still get my ass kicked by *the Forgetting*. Please help me haha. It would mean so much thank you!

Starry

I just realized I can now "like" all the posts in this thread...which I will now do...to 80s music (@johnnyyukon).

Starry

^^I couldn't do all the liking in just one long-ass 80s song... I had to add these 2 others to the playlist

corpseparty

Enneagram
7w6
Holy shit no...please tell me and anyone that seeks 7 wisdom in this thread all you've got on *the Knowing*.

I actually (perhaps incorrectly) consider myself to be a fairly sober 7 now and I still get my ass kicked by *the Forgetting*. Please help me haha. It would mean so much thank you!

It is a sort of shield for "The Forgetting". It is the tool that it uses in order to convince us that we should remain inert and keep following a course without any sort of reasoning, or critical analysis. You could say that it is the voice of "The Forgetting". It is the whisper telling you "Everything will be fine, just keep moving. Don't look, just keep moving. Do you see what you could have, run after it." It means all of this without ever showing you how, because it makes you believe that you already know. It forces you to forget, and provides you a sense of "Knowing" without reasoning.