First 9101112132161 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI None

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I saw the Foo Fighters live and he climbed up the stage rigging, probably 50 feet and continued to play.

Never seen that before.
    I am so jealous, where did you see the Foos?

Yeah sounds like Dave , when he plays it seems like he's all over the place, jumps here, runs there, clibms 50ft rigging... He's got thistypical scattered 7ish energy, but he's a great example of what happens when one is able to concentrate this energy toward achiving goals. And it's one hell of a great work he's able to do and I think we all have this kind of thing inside, this energy that can be used to create great things. The biggest obstacle for a 7 is to concentrate this energy toward one goal, to transform it from somthing scattered and all over to place to something productive and creative.
    That's why I admire Dave so much he was able to do it.
    4w3-7w6-9w1 so/sx
    Likes Starry liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    I am so jealous, where did you see the Foos?
    Memphis in May baby!

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    The biggest obstacle for a 7 is to concentrate this energy toward one goal, to transform it from something scattered and all over to place to something productive and creative.
    Yeah, I agree. And it ain't easy. We have charm and charisma and all the potential in the world, but we so easily squander it. Gotta be on our toes.
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Default Walt coaches Magic

@Magic Qwan
    I tried to find some information on it... What I did find though was vague and in one instance being used commercially to sell a book on temperament I believe. But the poet/writer Walt Whitman actually took an interest in personality theory and from that we understand him to have been one of our people...

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    I will need more coaching, though...

"This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals... stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants... have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul and your very flesh shall be a great poem…"

^Notice if you will that Whitman did not say "feel angry and cheated…subsequently wasting more of your precious time for having been exposed to what insults your own soul…and perpetually regret that your reality did not line-up with the *magical ideal in your head*…" No he quite clearly said "dismiss it."

And he's got one more for you...

"I accept reality and dare not question it."

^I get the feeling from this quote that he understood on some meaningful level the dangers of living in an idealized world in your head.

Anyway, Magic Qwan... I've worked with children and young adults for some years now and I'm just going to flat-out tell you not to read any...or anymore Nietzsche until I tell you it's okay to do so haha. No, I'm inappropriately laughing cause that's the kind of sick person I am...but I'm actually being quite serious in what I say. I forget if you are going straight to university now? If so, you will certainly (okay, now that I'm thinking of it maybe not "certainly" these days idk...) In college/university you may be asked/required to read some of his work and that's absolutely fine. But hold-off on attempting to tackle him on your own until you are in a healthier place...mentally, physically, emotionally...and yes...spiritually. More than any other author... I've seen young adults...hell, even older adults...either misunderstand what he is presenting...becoming confused even frightened...or respond poorly to his work/message.

Do, however, see what you can get from this next post though where I will quote him. As you may or may not know about me...I do not believe there are one way pathways to enneagram health as in stress>core>integration. I definitely believe some individuals will at times make healthy connections to their stress point...expressing their stress point in a highly 'integrated' way. Which makes Nietzsche an especially interesting figure to me as I believe there were many times in his career, as a core 5, he was doing just that. He was an e5 making a positive (non-stressful) connection to his stress point....e7.

"The greater the suffering, the greater the potential for joy... Those who wish to experience the fullness of life must also suffer deeply, for it is in recovery from a crippling disease that life is most fully affirmed."

-Nietzsche
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Default Amor Fati

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Live life!!!

I love this so much Ms. Eyes. How simple it is. How simply beautiful it is. It's really all that needs to be said and I'm so appreciative of you saying it.

I can't wait until @Lady_X and I are both 122 years old and still partying...

this is because I have good reason to believe... that when everyone on the planet is completely bored with me... my sister X will still think I'm quite interesting in all ways and in the things I just have to say. My evidence for this...? Well, it lies in the fact that I...in my scatteredness and poor memory...wouldn't even be able to guess how many times I've repeatedly posted this same quote somewhere on the forum...so thrilled to share it just like it was the first time (over and over again...)

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    “My formula for greatness in a human being is amor fati: that one wants nothing to be different, not forward, not backward, not in all eternity. Not merely bear what is necessary, still less conceal it...but love it.”

-Nietzsche, On the Genealogy of Morals/Ecce Homo

And Lady_X will then be right there to rep me a wubbie just like it was the first time that happened as well.

Amor fati from wikipedia

Amor fati is a Latin phrase loosely translating to "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one's life, including suffering and loss, as good.

I was recently talking a bit about my culture of origin on the site...and the painful truth of it is...is I'm no stranger to the Latin concept of Amor Fati. It was just too close for me to see. Too close to home...too embedded in the fabric of my culture...taken for granted and thus not taught. Never explained...and so I had to learn this *thing* from...a German philosopher and poet...with an area of expertise in classical philology. I had to enter in through the back door of my own house.

Even still, when I look back on how I was raised. My God, my own father would never have allowed this kind of thinking to take hold in me had he known... When I stop and consider all of who I am there is no part of me that can comprehend how it is that I came to believe I was...not just entitled to an "all-positive Fati"... (conscious feelings of entitlement came later for me.) No, I absolutely knew my life was going to be 100% awesome the entire time...until it finally occurred to me that it wasn't.

I had to learn as if learning how to walk and talk all over again... how to...not just see but embrace all of life... <-like a 7 (and an Italian for god's sake...and I still need little reminders to myself here and there.)

"How could I wish that my life had been anything other than what it was, for I would not be who I am."

-Nietzsche
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Nietzsche totally ruined the ex husband. Oh God so funny you say that. listen to starry magic.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    I saw the Foo Fighters live and he climbed up the stage rigging, probably 50 feet and continued to play.

Never seen that before.

Grunge

لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AzulEyes View Post
    Live life!!!

I don't know if this will work but I had to try and make this bigger.

I also need to make my avatar bigger - dude I keep forgetting.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    Nietzsche totally ruined the ex husband. Oh God so funny you say that. listen to starry magic.

omg...I had to direct so many people to counseling...I'm not even kidding. I even had a sign on my desk saying...'Whatever you do...Don't read Nietzsche' for a while.
    لا تستطيع كسر المكسور

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

It was when you noticed how I was distancing myself from Ariel wasn't it...?

Great One, I really, really appreciate this. I know I will have more to say on it... but didn't want anymore time to go by prior to thanking you so very much. You are truly Great.
    No problem, anytime. Also, I typed it because Elfboy and I have been having a lot of disagreements about the definition of type 7 and all sub-types of type 7. It feels good to have another opinion besides Naranjo.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

@Magic Qwan
    I tried to find some information on it... What I did find though was vague and in one instance being used commercially to sell a book on temperament I believe. But the poet/writer Walt Whitman actually took an interest in personality theory and from that we understand him to have been one of our people...

"This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals... stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants... have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul and your very flesh shall be a great poem…"

^Notice if you will that Whitman did not say "feel angry and cheated…subsequently wasting more of your precious time for having been exposed to what insults your own soul…and perpetually regret that your reality did not line-up with the *magical ideal in your head*…" No he quite clearly said "dismiss it."

And he's got one more for you...

"I accept reality and dare not question it."

^I get the feeling from this quote that he understood on some meaningful level the dangers of living in an idealized world in your head.

Anyway, Magic Qwan... I've worked with children and young adults for some years now and I'm just going to flat-out tell you not to read any...or anymore Nietzsche until I tell you it's okay to do so haha. No, I'm inappropriately laughing cause that's the kind of sick person I am...but I'm actually being quite serious in what I say. I forget if you are going straight to university now? If so, you will certainly (okay, now that I'm thinking of it maybe not "certainly" these days idk...) In college/university you may be asked/required to read some of his work and that's absolutely fine. But hold-off on attempting to tackle him on your own until you are in a healthier place...mentally, physically, emotionally...and yes...spiritually. More than any other author... I've seen young adults...hell, even older adults...either misunderstand what he is presenting...becoming confused even frightened...or respond poorly to his work/message.

Do, however, see what you can get from this next post though where I will quote him. As you may or may not know about me...I do not believe there are one way pathways to enneagram health as in stress>core>integration. I definitely believe some individuals will at times make healthy connections to their stress point...expressing their stress point in a highly 'integrated' way. Which makes Nietzsche an especially interesting figure to me as I believe there were many times in his career, as a core 5, he was doing just that. He was an e5 making a positive (non-stressful) connection to his stress point....e7.

"The greater the suffering, the greater the potential for joy... Those who wish to experience the fullness of life must also suffer deeply, for it is in recovery from a crippling disease that life is most fully affirmed."

-Nietzsche
    To answer you, @Starry , I am already on my third day of nursing school. I was checking in to say I am going to take a study-leave from TypeC. I will be working part-time in a pharmacy the rest of the time. I have felt the closest thing so far to spirituality when focusing on how to aid people. It will be nice to help people and I will perfect my technique over time. So yes, I will be devoting my time and income to others.

I question all things (or try to), and this has been a point of growth for me. I am becoming less gullible.

The Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witnesses is a tyrant that harms, even kills, many people per day. Should I strike them down in any way possible since they are tyrants? I will tell you now, I will only work within the system to bring them down.

As for Nieztches, I will agree that great struggle brings great rewards if, and only if, your struggles reach fruitation. Otherwise, struggles are struggles, nothing more.

What would healthy connection to e1 look like, and are you sure Nieztches was an e5?

The rest of Walt has yet to strike a chord in me.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan