User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

  1. #21
    Member Asterism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    IxxJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    33

    Default

    I may be high-strung, intense, and demanding, but I'm certainly not anxious by nature. If I were more anxious, I do believe I would be more consistently motivated and not lapse into utter inertia as often as I do. Like @Animal, the anxiety I do consistently experience seems to be related to my body and general physical concerns, but even that is mostly tied to shame and a sense of defectiveness, as well as imperfection and failure (hello 1-fix). Although this, I believe, may be part of some unrelated mental health issues, as well.

  2. #22
    window shopper Typh0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,099

    Default

    I have had qiuet a bit of anxiety throughout my lifetime.

  3. #23
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Sexual 4: 8-esque
    This I know first-hand. I mistyped at 8 for while, and many people in my life, including my parents, thought this was very likely an accurate typing.

    Social 4: phobic 6 or 9-esque

    SP-4: 1-esque
    Can you expand on these a little? I think I know what you mean but I'd love to hear more, especially how you would relate this to anxiety.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  4. #24
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    This I know first-hand. I mistyped at 8 for while, and many people in my life, including my parents, thought this was very likely an accurate typing.


    Can you expand on these a little? I think I know what you mean but I'd love to hear more, especially how you would relate this to anxiety.
    Social 4s seem more conscious of their deviation towards others, making them prone to social anxiety. However, I don't think that means they experience existential anxiety like Sixes do, unless they have some anxiety disorder separate from their type. Perhaps the social instinct makes them more anxious about their future social standing, however, nowhere in the description is that implied.

    As far as their general similarities to phobic Sixes and Nines, social 4s seem more 'cute', wallflower-ish and receptive than Sx and Sp-4s. Lana del Rey and Frida Kahlo are like night and day.

  5. #25
    Blood of the Exile Animal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    Social 4s seem more conscious of their deviation towards others, making them prone to social anxiety. However, I don't think that means they experience existential anxiety like Sixes do, unless they have some anxiety disorder separate from their type. Perhaps the social instinct makes them more anxious about their future social standing, however, nowhere in the description is that implied.

    As far as their general similarities to phobic Sixes and Nines, social 4s seem more 'cute', wallflower-ish and receptive than Sx and Sp-4s. Lana del Rey and Frida Kahlo are like night and day.
    Ah I see. Makes sense. How about Sp-4s being 1-esque?
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

  6. #26
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Ah I see. Makes sense. How about Sp-4s being 1-esque?
    The Sp-4s I've seen seem to withhold their intensity, and come off as more obviously elitist and passively disdainful. They seem like they're the least concerned with being 'saved'.
    Likes Noon liked this post

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    The Sp-4s I've seen seem to withhold their intensity, and come off as more obviously elitist and passively disdainful. They seem like they're the least concerned with being 'saved'.
    This is not true... sp 4s can seem like 6, because of they security issues similar to 6. They care a lot about their enviroment and their body, or health.

  8. #28
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    This is not true... sp 4s can seem like 6, because of they security issues similar to 6. They care a lot about their enviroment and their body, or health.
    I think what @Stansmith says is more sp/sx 4 while what you say is more sp/so 4. I mean, I'm kind of like what he says is sp 4. Stacking makes a big difference.

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    5

    Default

    How would SX be expressed in a SX-last 4?

  10. #30
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aequus View Post
    How would SX be expressed in a SX-last 4?
    An sx-last 4 could probably answer this better but it seems to me more like a longing or romanticizing of intensity vs actually being intense.

Similar Threads

  1. Type and anxiety disorders
    By Kiddo in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 10-16-2017, 08:52 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Do NF's have power and control issues?
    By Eric B in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 07:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO