123 Last

Thread: ENFP 5???

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Default ENFP 5???

Is this possible?
    I never saw any ENFP 5s on this forum, it's more common for INTs to be 5s. I know there are ENTP and INFP 5s, so why not ENFPs too?
    It would explain why I mistook myself for an INTP a whole lotta time.

Could you imagine how an ENFP 5 would be like?
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Well you're typed as a 7 do you feel like you're pretty well integrated to 5? Or do you think that you're just a core 5?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Probly awesome! I wanna be a 5.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

They would probably a 4w5 but for various reasons, strongly identify with their 5 side.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Is this possible?
    I never saw any ENFP 5s on this forum, it's more common for INTs to be 5s. I know there are ENTP and INFP 5s, so why not ENFPs too?

Hey Stephano,

As an ENFP e7 ... I don't feel right saying 'no' or 'never' or 'not possible' to anything. With regards to ENFP e5 though? I know there are enneagram amateurs and professionals that claim any MBTI/e-type combo is possible but I admit to having my doubts especially as it pertains to Pe-dominance and e5.
    Okay I will admit to thinking this combination is not possible. I do not believe there are...any true ENFP or ENTP e5s.

What I do believe?

I believe the e7 descriptions are the absolute worst of all of the e-types...possibly combined (while we're on the topic of combos...) I believe an actual e7...over the age of 16 and new to enneagram...will read any one of the countless e7 descriptions out there and think... 1.) no, I'm nothing like Charlie Sheen... 2.) not like Robin Williams either huh...? 3.) no this isn't right...I'm sure as hell not happy all the time...I definitely become depressed and experience a good deal of pain and suffering. I think deeply on all subjects...and I have great compassion for others and the conditions of the world. I'm not addicted to meth, alcohol, sex or attention...I'm not the 'life of the party' - I fuckin hate crowded spaces. I must be an e4, 5 or 6.

Actual ENxPs that have matured will often be hard-pressed to see themselves in the e7 descriptions. Actual 7w6s will often be hard-pressed to see themselves in the e7 descriptions (in general they seem to be written with a 7w8 & Se bias.) But it is the ENxP that is over the age of 16-18 that has experienced some debilitating life circumstance/struggle that will be the most challenged of all to see themselves in the e7 descriptions. They will usually believe [edit: start to question if] they are INxPs... And/or if they have a 6 wing that is exaggerated at that time and they are experiencing a lot of anxiety and paranoia... they generally come to believe they are e6w7. Overactive 6 wing + stressful connection to e5...6w5. Some depression coupled with an over-focus on the self... e4w5.... Isolation, sobriety, hoarding time, energy, ideas and affection...

I have definitely seen a few ENFPs in my time that had their e-type listed as e5. I am of the opinion they were actually e7s starring down some of the shittiest descriptions known to man.
    Likes Nehtaro, Chanaynay liked this post

Glycerine

I thought I was an ENFJ 5 for awhile but I most likely was in some fit of depression so a self-proclaimed ENFP 5 is probably depressed or had a truly fucked up childhood. Chances are highly unlikely.

Along with everything @Starry said.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Is this possible?

I'm pretty sure I knew one. Actually two. They were ENFP for sure, but the intellectual type. Really loved to discuss literature and politics and current events and art. Met both of them in college.

I'm not as good at pinpointing enneagrams on others. So, I could be mistaken. Both of these guys had a very strong intellectual side though.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Sry, couldn't respond earlier..

Well you're typed as a 7 do you feel like you're pretty well integrated to 5? Or do you think that you're just a core 5?
    I mostly think I could be a 5 because I can relate to some 5 descriptions more than to most 7 descriptions. I also usually score high on it on tests.
    Another reason for me to think I'm not a 7 is my ENFP friend. He really fits the various, sometimes very biased 7 descriptions on the internet and can come off as a Se Dom sometimes.

Probly awesome! I wanna be a 5.
    Haha, lol y?

I have definitely seen a few ENFPs in my time that had their e-type listed as e5. I am of the opinion they were actually e7s starring down some of the shittiest descriptions known to man.
    Could be, that's why I am insecure about it. I saw ENTPs typed as 2w3 and INTPs typed as 7w8. I also believe that not every combo is possible.

Okay I will admit to thinking this combination is not possible. I do not believe there are...any true ENFP or ENTP e5s.
    Thx for your input. What about The Ü? He's typed as ENTP 5.

I thought I was an ENFJ 5 for awhile but I most likely was in some fit of depression so a self-proclaimed ENFP 5 is probably depressed or had a truly fucked up childhood. Chances are highly unlikely.
    I don't think I'm really depressive, but I sometimes have depressive episodes and often a lack of motivation to do anything, which could be related to depressive behaviour or just personality.

I'm pretty sure I knew one. Actually two. They were ENFP for sure, but the intellectual type. Really loved to discuss literature and politics and current events and art. Met both of them in college.
    Yeah, I do that too, which is pretty unusual for my age, I'm 17, but since my ENFP 7 friend likes that too, I think it has more to do with intuition.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I believe the e7 descriptions are the absolute worst of all of the e-types...possibly combined (while we're on the topic of combos...) I believe an actual e7...over the age of 16 and new to enneagram...will read any one of the countless e7 descriptions out there and think... 1.) no, I'm nothing like Charlie Sheen... 2.) not like Robin Williams either huh...? 3.) no this isn't right...I'm sure as hell not happy all the time...I definitely become depressed and experience a good deal of pain and suffering. I think deeply on all subjects...and I have great compassion for others and the conditions of the world. I'm not addicted to meth, alcohol, sex or attention...I'm not the 'life of the party' - I fuckin hate crowded spaces. I must be an e4, 5 or 6.

Actual ENxPs that have matured will often be hard-pressed to see themselves in the e7 descriptions. Actual 7w6s will often be hard-pressed to see themselves in the e7 descriptions (in general they seem to be written with a 7w8 & Se bias.) But it is the ENxP that is over the age of 16-18 that has experienced some debilitating life circumstance/struggle that will be the most challenged of all to see themselves in the e7 descriptions. They will usually believe [edit: start to question if] they are INxPs... And/or if they have a 6 wing that is exaggerated at that time and they are experiencing a lot of anxiety and paranoia... they generally come to believe they are e6w7. Overactive 6 wing + stressful connection to e5...6w5. Some depression coupled with an over-focus on the self... e4w5.... Isolation, sobriety, hoarding time, energy, ideas and affection...
    so true

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post

Along with everything @Starry said.
    It's a stretch for me...but because of e5's correlation with Ni... there's a part of me that could theoretically imagine there being an actual ENFJ e5. I would be imagining an eNFJ though (an 'almost INFJ')... and from there could only speculate as to the conditions under which this combination would truly come together and take its form. It would be so extraordinarily, extraordinarily rare imo.

Ne though? It's rare for INFPs to be e5s so...? But Ne dominance is in direct opposition to the e5 core issue(s). iow, it would seem that Ne would prevent the e5 core issue(s) from ever developing. [edit: I need to be more specific and say Ne in the dom position would prevent e5 issues from developing... not merely Ne in general]

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post

I'm not as good at pinpointing enneagrams on others. So, I could be mistaken. Both of these guys had a very strong intellectual side though.
    omg IndyAnna haha! For some reason it didn't click in my mind right away that it was you (totally blaming your avatar for that) You've been away for a long time it seems and I'm hoping you are back for an extended stay. It's really good to see you

I totally remember discussing an ENFP with you via PM (<-this was quite a while ago as well and I'm wondering if you will even remember. I think we were also discussing my old ISFP bf. The way you described this ENFP left an impression on me. This ENFP was not e5 )

My position is that ENFP e5s don't exist but that's not to say I can't be convinced otherwise...which is why I'm especially interested in hearing more of what you have to say. Umm...in spite of the fact you used the word 'intellectual' twice in only a few lines of text...I'm going to go ahead and assume you know that... while it may be close 'ENFP intellectual' is probably not as rare as 'ENFP e5' haha.

I specifically want to know and I hope you don't mind writing about it... how did these ENFP behave? What was their behavior like?

Sry, couldn't respond earlier...
    We were all totally pissed...

I mostly think I could be a 5 because I could relate to some 5 descriptions more than to most 7 descriptions. I also usually score high on it on tests.
    Another reason for me to think I'm not a 7 is my ENFP friend. He really fits the various, sometimes very biased 7 descriptions on the internet and can come off as a Se Dom sometimes.
    I think you were addressing Lady X here but I'll just say that there will be quite a large variation in behavior within the e7 type based on wing and instinctual variants.

Could be, that's why I am insecure about it. I saw ENTPs typed as 2w3 and INTPs typed as 7w8. I also believe that not every combo is possible.

Do I believe in ENTP 2w3s? Not even. Knowing nothing of the individual though it would be difficult to figure which part of them is being mistyped...but I'd first think ENTP 3w2. And with INTP 7w8...I'd think eSTP 7w8.

Thx for your input. What about The Ü? He's typed as ENTP 5.
    You are very welcome. The U... haha. My impression of The U is he is an ISTP 6w5 haha.
    [edit: I need to be more specific with The U as well and say ISTx or ISTp]

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    so true
    Seriously, thank you so much for this. I feel better knowing other e7s get what I'm saying.