First 12345 Last

Thread: ENFP 5???

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@Starry I'm glad that any input I had was helpful in helping you understand your ISFP. Even more surprising that it/I/my comments had an impact. That makes me happy to hear.

I've known a lot of ENFP's. And each had their intellectual side, where they wanted to discuss deeper matters. But a lot of them showed more of a playful side. Especially the ones who I would consider e7's. And most of them leaned more towards the spiritual/hippy side.

The two in particular that I thought might be e5's had less of that religious/spiritual side and more of the debating side to them. But the more I think about it, the more I think they may be more 4w5. I'm not as familiar with enneagram as I am mbti.

Oh, as far as ISFP's and intellectually stimulating conversation goes: we do enjoy it. Or at least I do. But it depends on the manner in which information is being presented and also who is involved in the conversation. You'll never catch me in the middle of a group discussion. And especially if some of the speakers and opinions are of mean spirit. In more personable groups, I'm willing to discuss ideas to greater lengths. Or at least hear them out.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

It's possible they were 8w7 too maybe?? I say that since you mentioned debate. My enfp type 8 ex was all intellectual and liked to debate.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Is this possible?
    I never saw any ENFP 5s on this forum, it's more common for INTs to be 5s. I know there are ENTP and INFP 5s, so why not ENFPs too?
    It would explain why I mistook myself for an INTP a whole lotta time.

Could you imagine how an ENFP 5 would be like?
    Have you tried INFJ?

enfp's and infj's often mistype as one another.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Yeah, I considered it, but now I'm definetely sure that I'm not a judger.

I'm rather ENFP, INFP, ENTP,..
    But I'm pretty sure that I have Fi and extroversion.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I think I know what you're getting at. Ne doms seem so expansive and exploratory while e5s seem so specialized in their expertise and self-contained with the "avarice" (along with the detached observer thing going on... ENXPs usually seem to be in the action). I think the expansive and exploratory nature of Ne doms could easily make them highly intellectual but not typically in the e5 sort of way. I see e7s as more guilty of gluttony while e5s are more guilty of being stingy.

I am a fairly INFJ-like ENFJ but it always felt like cognitive dissonance when I was convinced of e5 for myself. On the surface, I come off like a strong introvert but no matter how much I try to be a hermit, I always crave interaction with the outer world after a day or two... it never works out. Lol
    Exactly G. Expanding out vs expanding within <-er well maybe not ha. idk I just woke up. But the photo-negative (to each other) qualities of e7 & e5 have always been interesting to note...especially this misguided belief that seems to keep each perspective type perpetually distracted from what the *real* problem is... this thought of IF I can just get to point B (point B being a new point in time in the future, a new in-taking of information, a new idea or person or situation, a new discovery via the rehashing of already acquired information...) THEN I will be okay/happy/confident.

You are a quiet ENFJ. And I believe e5 has served its purpose. But now it's time for you to arrive and become an image spinning attention whore claim your spot in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Oh, as far as ISFP's and intellectually stimulating conversation goes: we do enjoy it. Or at least I do. But it depends on the manner in which information is being presented and also who is involved in the conversation. You'll never catch me in the middle of a group discussion. And especially if some of the speakers and opinions are of mean spirit. In more personable groups, I'm willing to discuss ideas to greater lengths. Or at least hear them out.
    Well, I'm a bit bummed to learn this because I've always wanted to organize an 'All ISFP' mean spirited discussion but now...?

It's interesting because I was just saying a similar thing re ISFPs (to what you said above) to gromit. You have always struck me as 'an intellectual'...many ISFPs do and I think it's due in part to being able to straddle the line between the theoretical and the practical. ESFPs do this as well. There's comfort in both realms completely void of that sickening intellectual competitiveness and arrogance. And the playing field is always level and welcome to all. I often struggle to communicate with this never-ending traffic jam of info and ideas I've got in this head of mine...And not once has my ISFP made me feel inferior because of this but naturally balances my far out notions with practical applications <-because he knows this is the part I lack. You have always done a similar thing here and it's of such great value.

And please VM me concerning your avi pic because it's making me crazy! haha

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Well, I'm a bit bummed to learn this because I've always wanted to organize an 'All ISFP' mean spirited discussion but now...?

It's interesting because I was just saying a similar thing re ISFPs (to what you said above) to gromit. You have always struck me as 'an intellectual'...many ISFPs do and I think it's due in part to being able to straddle the line between the theoretical and the practical. ESFPs do this as well. There's comfort in both realms completely void of that sickening intellectual competitiveness and arrogance. And the playing field is always level and welcome to all. I often struggle to communicate with this never-ending traffic jam of info and ideas I've got in this head of mine...And not once has my ISFP made me feel inferior because of this but naturally balances my far out notions with practical applications <-because he knows this is the part I lack. You have always done a similar thing here and it's of such great value.

And please VM me concerning your avi pic because it's making me crazy! haha
    I have a really close ENFP female friend. We've only become close in the last 6 to 8 months. But I love this chick. We went on a vacation recently, and normally long car rides at some point will create a lull in the conversation. Which I'm totally cool with, because I like to take in the scenery, or listen to music or zone off mentally. But this ENFP and I talked the entire car ride of 8-9 hours. I don't think I've ever done that with anyone before. She's always mentally jumping around from one idea to another cool topic. She always has interesting little tid bits of knowledge. And one of her comments to me, was that somehow I always have tidbits of knowledge that she doesn't know, that somehow fit along with topics she brings up. So we have very fluid, interesting, intelligent conversations all the time. And I love that about her. She allows me to dig in my brain and bring up things I've read elsewhere or learned elsewhere, that not many people give me the opportunity to do.

She refused to let me tell her she was an ENFP though. I think that was the only time she got mad on the entire car trip.

What's wrong with my avitar? haha.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Yeah, I considered it, but now I'm definetely sure that I'm not a judger.

I'm rather ENFP, INFP, ENTP,..
    But I'm pretty sure that I have Fi and extroversion.
    I'm definitely sure you don't have a grasp of the functions yet. The 4 letters mean nothing unless you're using Kiersey, which is a different system entirely on its own. In kiersey, you could very well be an ENFP. In kiersey, I'm an ISTP, but sometimes come off as ENTJ. But my cognitive functions are Se Ti Fe Ni.

What is your reason for Fi?
    What is your reason for extroversion?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I'm definitely sure you don't have a grasp of the functions yet.
    I know ENTPs use Fe, but despite that I consider it as my third possibility.

What is your reason for Fi?
    What is your reason for extroversion?
    I'm idealistic and often have different values than the people around me. I only buy chocolate and coffee that is fairtrade certified and refuse to consume it when I get an offer.
    No one in my family seems to care about it but me and there's nobody with dom/aux Fi for sure, mostly SJs.

I get energized by people. Although I don't like parties that much, I'm an extro. When I'm alone at home for to long I get depressed.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I know ENTPs use Fe, but despite that I consider it as my third possibility.

I'm idealistic and often have different values than the people around me. I only buy chocolate and coffee that is fairtrade certified and refuse to consume it when I get an offer.
    No one in my family seems to care about it but me and there's nobody with dom/aux Fi for sure, mostly SJs.

I get energized by people. Although I don't like parties that much, I'm an extro. When I'm alone at home for to long I get depressed.
    hmm, part of your coffee example sounds like Si, but its hard to say.