Thread: ENFP 5???

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    omg IndyAnna haha! For some reason it didn't click in my mind right away that it was you (totally blaming your avatar for that) You've been away for a long time it seems and I'm hoping you are back for an extended stay. It's really good to see you

I totally remember discussing an ENFP with you via PM (<-this was quite a while ago as well and I'm wondering if you will even remember. I think we were also discussing my old ISFP bf. The way you described this ENFP left an impression on me. This ENFP was not e5 )

My position is that ENFP e5s don't exist but that's not to say I can't be convinced otherwise...which is why I'm especially interested in hearing more of what you have to say. Umm...in spite of the fact you used the word 'intellectual' twice in only a few lines of text...I'm going to go ahead and assume you know that... while it may be close 'ENFP intellectual' is probably not as rare as 'ENFP e5' haha.

I specifically want to know and I hope you don't mind writing about it... how did these ENFP behave? What was their behavior like?
    Yay! You remembered me! I have been gone for a very long time indeed. I didn't expect many people to recall me. Juice and Wolfy seemed to be the only ones to notice my absence.

Anywho, I think I know which ENFP I was talking to you about. He was most definitely a 3w4 or 4w3-7-9 of some sort.

I've actually met and known a lot of ENFP's. I think the ENFP+ISFP combo jives really well as friends.

Back to these ENFP seemingly e5 types: They were likely 5w4 or 4w5 with a strong knowledge seeking, book wormy side. But still had that more emotionally sensitive, and elitist attitude. Both had 7 in their tritypes, too, and were experience oriented and party goers. But they were the ones that liked to sit on the porch and chain smoke cigarettes discussing the complexities of life, religion, politics and so forth. Many of their discussions were over my head. Sometimes I liked to sit and listen, but other times I felt as though they were making it a point to sound more superior, which I didn't find to be very nice. So I'd sneak away and find more light hearted conversation elsewhere.

Both had a very charismatic way about them. The one male in particular had a lot of females swooning for him. He wasn't very attractive either. He just had this aura that acted like a magnet. He was very confident, sensitive, intelligent, open sexually and funny. The other had more internal turmoil. He was charismatic as well, but would either attract or repel. Some people really detested him. Personally, I found him to be more often very thoughtful and kind. He wound up leaving our small town college for an ivey league school. I remember when he came back to visit, he said it was so nice to be around people where he could have intellectually stimulating conversation in multiple languages. I was put off a bit by the comment.

Maybe they're more 4w5 than 5w4?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Glycerine

It's a stretch for me...but because of e5's correlation with Ni... there's a part of me that could theoretically imagine there being an actual ENFJ e5. I would be imagining an eNFJ though (an 'almost INFJ')... and from there could only speculate as to the conditions under which this combination would truly come together and take its form. It would be so extraordinarily, extraordinarily rare imo.

Ne though? It's rare for INFPs to be e5s so...? But Ne dominance is in direct opposition
    I think I know what you're getting at. Ne doms seem so expansive and exploratory while e5s seem so specialized in their expertise and self-contained with the "avarice" (along with the detached observer thing going on... ENXPs usually seem to be in the action). I think the expansive and exploratory nature of Ne doms could easily make them highly intellectual but not typically in the e5 sort of way. I see e7s as more guilty of gluttony while e5s are more guilty of being stingy.

I am a fairly INFJ-like ENFJ but it always felt like cognitive dissonance when I was convinced of e5 for myself. On the surface, I come off like a strong introvert but no matter how much I try to be a hermit, I always crave interaction with the outer world after a day or two... it never works out. Lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Yay! You remembered me! I have been gone for a very long time indeed. I didn't expect many people to recall me. Juice and Wolfy seemed to be the only ones to notice my absence.

Anywho, I think I know which ENFP I was talking to you about. He was most definitely a 3w4 or 4w3-7-9 of some sort.

I've actually met and known a lot of ENFP's. I think the ENFP+ISFP combo jives really well as friends.

Back to these ENFP seemingly e5 types: They were likely 5w4 or 4w5 with a strong knowledge seeking, book wormy side. But still had that more emotionally sensitive, and elitist attitude. Both had 7 in their tritypes, too, and were experience oriented and party goers. But they were the ones that liked to sit on the porch and chain smoke cigarettes discussing the complexities of life, religion, politics and so forth. Many of their discussions were over my head. Sometimes I liked to sit and listen, but other times I felt as though they were making it a point to sound more superior, which I didn't find to be very nice. So I'd sneak away and find more light hearted conversation elsewhere.

Both had a very charismatic way about them. The one male in particular had a lot of females swooning for him. He wasn't very attractive either. He just had this aura that acted like a magnet. He was very confident, sensitive, intelligent, open sexually and funny. The other had more internal turmoil. He was charismatic as well, but would either attract or repel. Some people really detested him. Personally, I found him to be more often very thoughtful and kind. He wound up leaving our small town college for an ivey league school. I remember when he came back to visit, he said it was so nice to be around people where he could have intellectually stimulating conversation in multiple languages. I was put off a bit by the comment.

Hey lady that doesn't point to five. That's just an enfp in the presence of someone who stimulates their intellect. When we find that regardless of where it is we indulge. It feeds our soul... I'd be chain smoking on the porch talking about deep philosophical stuff at a party too instead of engaging in light hearted humor if I had the opportunity. It's my favorite. Especially when wine buzzed haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Here is what I got on an enneagram test. 9>7>4,5...
    I don't know if I should trust these results since the test was pretty biased.

Typ 1:**4,71 %

Typ 2:**4,71 %

Typ 3:**8,24 %

Typ 4:**14,12 %

Typ 5:**14,12 %

Typ 6:**9,41 %

Typ 7:**15,29 %

Typ 8:**12,94 %

Typ 9:**16,47 %
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Yay! You remembered me! I have been gone for a very long time indeed. I didn't expect many people to recall me.
    It's weird to me that you would imagine myself/others forgetting...but at the same time I do this thing as well. So many of us underestimate the impact we've had on those around us. I was certainly aware of your absence... The part I apparently missed was your return! And so maybe I thought you were Marm for a little bit longer than I will admit to haha...I swear, because of the avatar! Is that a Twin Peaks photo for your avatar or something of the sort? I have no idea but Marm has had that same dude in some of her avis (sorry Marm, I'll now be more open to you as ISFP ) Anyway, I'm glad you're back Ms. IndyJoan

I can't even tell you how meaningful that correspondence was for me (wrt to my irl ISFP)...which I totally did not anticipate at the time because...well, since my ISFP & myself literally never experience any significant challenges (<-that's not an exaggeration...and neither one of us is 'conflict avoidant' either... being Fi heavy haha. We just get each other and so everything flows which would sound strange if I were speaking about anyone other than him.) Hearing the way you spoke about this ENFP though... your sentiments filled in gaps and missing pieces pertaining to my own ISFP/ENFP relationship that I didn't even know existed let alone missing... most of it had to do with a frame of mind I've heard many ENFPs speak of. A resignation of sorts...slipping into an acceptance of always 'being adored and never known.' And it happens so much it can become a part of what is expected so you unknowingly protect yourself from it even when it's not occurring. Listening to you talk about your ENFP helped me see in a way I had not before that I was truly being understood and appreciated...And seeing that this ISFP is such an enormous part of my life as well as who I am...I imagine you now know how grateful I am having had that experience.

Back to these ENF.P seemingly e5 types: They were likely 5w4 or 4w5 with a strong knowledge seeking, book wormy side. But still had that more emotionally sensitive, and elitist attitude. Both had 7 in their tritypes, too, and were experience oriented and party goers. But they were the ones that liked to sit on the porch and chain smoke cigarettes discussing the complexities of life, religion, politics and so forth. Many of their discussions were over my head. Sometimes I liked to sit and listen, but other times I felt as though they were making it a point to sound more superior, which I didn't find to be very nice. So I'd sneak away and find more light hearted conversation elsewhere.
    ^^okay what's way weird about what you just described above... is that at the time I was actually dating my ISFP...we had a group of friends that for some reason was 'ENFP heavy' 4 ENFPs myself included, 2 ISFPs, INFP, 2 ESFJs, INTJ, ISTJ... I know I'm forgetting someone... And that's pretty much ALL we did. Well, and then at night we partied our asses off... But that was just like us...always having intellectual discussions...And 3 of those ENFPs are 7w6...while # 4 is a phobic 6w7. I'm assuming the group you mention were/are way hipper...as I'm not sure any of us could have sounded superior even if we desperately wanted to... Oh and my ISFP was very involved in the conversations and is still a major activist to this day. The other ISFP...would often leave though haha.

Yah, I actually think what you're describing here are just your standard ENFP e7s...which, like I attempted to explain in my first post in this thread...I certainly wouldn't expect you or anyone else to actually know this seeing how absolutely horrendous the e7 descriptions are (if actual ENFP e7s don't see it...would anyone else?)

I can't tell you how many of the ENFPs on this site I believe are mistyped because I cause enough chaos already ... but they are mistyped using the same reasoning...which makes perfect sense

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Oh sorry I apparently failed reading comprehension there Indiana! I thought you were saying they were a five. I suppose my explanation there was unnecessary. Sorry.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    Oh sorry I apparently failed reading comprehension there Indiana! I thought you were saying they were a five. I suppose my explanation there was unnecessary. Sorry.
    No she was claiming they were 5s...or 4w5s

edit: X - I totally had to remove a couple of sets of hahas from my last post. I over ha-ed.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Hey Stephano,

As an ENFP e7 ... I don't feel right saying 'no' or 'never' or 'not possible' to anything. With regards to ENFP e5 though? I know there are enneagram amateurs and professionals that claim any MBTI/e-type combo is possible but I admit to having my doubts especially as it pertains to Pe-dominance and e5.
    Okay I will admit to thinking this combination is not possible. I do not believe there are...any true ENFP or ENTP e5s.

What I do believe?

I believe the e7 descriptions are the absolute worst of all of the e-types...possibly combined (while we're on the topic of combos...) I believe an actual e7...over the age of 16 and new to enneagram...will read any one of the countless e7 descriptions out there and think... 1.) no, I'm nothing like Charlie Sheen... 2.) not like Robin Williams either huh...? 3.) no this isn't right...I'm sure as hell not happy all the time...I definitely become depressed and experience a good deal of pain and suffering. I think deeply on all subjects...and I have great compassion for others and the conditions of the world. I'm not addicted to meth, alcohol, sex or attention...I'm not the 'life of the party' - I fuckin hate crowded spaces. I must be an e4, 5 or 6.

Actual ENxPs that have matured will often be hard-pressed to see themselves in the e7 descriptions. Actual 7w6s will often be hard-pressed to see themselves in the e7 descriptions (in general they seem to be written with a 7w8 & Se bias.) But it is the ENxP that is over the age of 16-18 that has experienced some debilitating life circumstance/struggle that will be the most challenged of all to see themselves in the e7 descriptions. They will usually believe [edit: start to question if] they are INxPs... And/or if they have a 6 wing that is exaggerated at that time and they are experiencing a lot of anxiety and paranoia... they generally come to believe they are e6w7. Overactive 6 wing + stressful connection to e5...6w5. Some depression coupled with an over-focus on the self... e4w5.... Isolation, sobriety, hoarding time, energy, ideas and affection...

I have definitely seen a few ENFPs in my time that had their e-type listed as e5. I am of the opinion they were actually e7s starring down some of the shittiest descriptions known to man.
    This

This^1000

This was just... so spot on

The systemic is strong in you, Starry

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

The systemic is strong in you, Starry

I still have no idea what that means and tears of joy are still streaming down my face

I make a damn good 6 for a 7... is how I'm taking it

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I still have no idea what that means and tears of joy are still streaming down my face

I make a damn good 6 for a 7... is how I'm taking it
    Something like that