User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Me? a 3?

Enneagram
    9w8

Default Me? a 3?

I think I may be a 3.

A friend and I were discussing enneagrams. I told him I was having issues with enneagrams because I couldn't find one that fit me very well. He suggested I might be a 3w4. I looked at 3s description here http://www.9types.com/descr/3/ and, well, it fits pretty well.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

You have a certain "elegance" that I think would go along well with 3. And the reflective touch of 4. You also seem like you could be a 9w1 or 4w5/5w4 just based on your "vibe"/aesthetic.

Enneagram
    9w8

Thank you, @skylights. When I first came to Type C I thought myself a 4w5, but then subsequent tests said 5w4, but I was never completely convinced of it, so someone suggested I might be a 9w1, which I did score as one time. Enneagrams are a strange new world and I knew nothing of 3s, until last night. I can see a little 4 in me, but not enough for me to BE a 4 and a little 5 in me, but not enough for me to BE a 5. I see a lot of 3 in me and a lot of 9, too. I suppose I could do the tri-type thing, which is an even stranger world to me.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    You have a certain "elegance" that I think would go along well with 3. And the reflective touch of 4. You also seem like you could be a 9w1 or 4w5/5w4 just based on your "vibe"/aesthetic.
    I agree very much with the bolded for Ene. I also think @greenfairy may be either 9w1 or 4w5/5w4. It must be one of those spiritualist philosopher things. Such wise people!

Yoda from Star Wars could be 9w1, since he's very contemplative and harmony-focused, whereas Einstein may be 5w4, since he's so much into the abstract and creative-imagination.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I agree very much with the bolded for Ene. I also think @greenfairy may be either 9w1 or 4w5/5w4. It must be one of those spiritualist philosopher things. Such wise people!

Yoda from Star Wars could be 9w1, since he's very contemplative and harmony-focused, whereas Einstein may be 5w4, since he's so much into the abstract and creative-imagination.
    Hey, I just read a description of 9 and a description of 1 and if you add the two together, it fits me PERFECTLY. That settles it. I'm a 9w1. "Hmmm...." she thinks to herself, "Move over, Yoda. I'm getting on your ship" The reason I strongly considered 3 was the part about being driven, but 1s are driven, too, and so are 9s. I'm not really driven to "look" good in the eyes of people, but to do the RIGHT thing or the thing that brings harmony, which marks me as...a 9w1, I do believe.

Thanks guys!!!!

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't see you as very status and reputation conscious. You seem very ambitious, but it seems to come from within. So you fit part of 3, but not all of it. I think you seem more like 9w1. Then maybe 5w4 and 3w4. But I don't know a lot about it either.

Edit: Called it! Right before you posted.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I don't see you as very status and reputation conscious. You seem very ambitious, but it seems to come from within. So you fit part of 3, but not all of it. I think you seem more like 9w1. Then maybe 5w4 and 3w4. But I don't know a lot about it either.

Edit: Called it! Right before you posted.
    hahaha...you're good, girl!

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

As for myself, I think 9w1, 3w4, 6w7. ? Do you think I'm more like 5 than 6 perhaps? I feel like I fit all the head types.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Hey, I just read a description of 9 and a description of 1 and if you add the two together, it fits me PERFECTLY. That settles it. I'm a 9w1. "Hmmm...." she thinks to herself, "Move over, Yoda. I'm getting on your ship" The reason I strongly considered 3 was the part about being driven, but 1s are driven, too, and so are 9s. I'm not really driven to "look" good in the eyes of people, but to do the RIGHT thing or the thing that brings harmony, which marks me as...a 9w1, I do believe.

Thanks guys!!!!
    Perfect, wonderful It fits your calmness and sense of dignity.

@Poimandres, absolutely, Ene, greenfairy, and Yoda all aboard 9w1 Einstein as a 5w4 and Spinoza as a 9w1?

@greenfairy, you strike me more as 5ish than 6ish. More observing than reacting.

Enneagram
    9w8

Oh, wow, I see both 5 and 6 in you!

Edit: yeah, I do see you more as observant. I hadn't thought of it until skylights said it, but I concur.