• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 3] Me? a 3?

W

WALMART

9w1 would make a good deal of sense. I wanted to suggest it once, seeing you typed 4, but felt restraint was the best course. I'm glad you found it under your own accord.

I know when I first read the 9 description with intent, it was a huge "duh" moment. The entire gut triad, really...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah 9w1 feels right...i was going to say if you were a 3 i would've thought 3w2 instead. i actually don't see 4 for you at all.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=15886]superunknown[/MENTION] you're a fellow 9er! Yay, I'm in good company. Thank you for looking into and you're right, actually you and [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION], as I look at 4, I can see that the only aspect of it that fits me is creativity and there's no law that says a 9 can't be creative:) So, I'm a poetry-writing, rock-rapelling, martial arts-loving NINE--guts kind of girl! Yeah! [actually, when I read nine with close scruntiny it was an ah-ha moment and explains A LOT about my personality.]

G

garbage

People proclaim me to be a 3w2.

They're wrong, though. I'm a 3w4.

Either way, I'm a 3.

So, ask me questions. :popc1:

edit: should have read the thread first :doh:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meet Rasofy 2.0: he is politically correct, dependable, polished, courteous, and everyone likes him.
Just as everyone should be!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you, [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]. When I first came to Type C I thought myself a 4w5, but then subsequent tests said 5w4, but I was never completely convinced of it, so someone suggested I might be a 9w1, which I did score as one time. Enneagrams are a strange new world and I knew nothing of 3s, until last night. I can see a little 4 in me, but not enough for me to BE a 4 and a little 5 in me, but not enough for me to BE a 5. I see a lot of 3 in me and a lot of 9, too. I suppose I could do the tri-type thing, which is an even stranger world to me.

One thing to consider is the direction of integration and disintigration. See the section describing it here and look at the direction of the arrows going to and coming from the number.

If you are a 3, it would not be uncommon for your to exhibit characteristics of a 9 and a 6. I actually think you could be a 3. As a 6, I exhibit characteristics of both 3 and 9 and people here have suggested that I could be both of those types.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
One thing to consider is the direction of integration and disintigration. See the section describing it here and look at the direction of the arrows going to and coming from the number.

If you are a 3, it would not be uncommon for your to exhibit characteristics of a 9 and a 6. I actually think you could be a 3. As a 6, I exhibit characteristics of both 3 and 9 and people here have suggested that I could be both of those types.

Okay, [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], just when I thought I had me all figured out you had to go and mess with my head! [at least you didn't try to take it off...hehe, but just in case you get any ideas, I've been trained by a master from Fu Chung [sp?] and can handle all manner of blades.]

["Dag blame it," she mutters and picks up her dry erase marker again, "Back to the drawing board."] No, seriously, thank you for offering this point of view. I will read from the link you sent and carefully consider.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree very much with the bolded for Ene. I also think [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] may be either 9w1 or 4w5/5w4. It must be one of those spiritualist philosopher things. Such wise people!

Yoda from Star Wars could be 9w1, since he's very contemplative and harmony-focused, whereas Einstein may be 5w4, since he's so much into the abstract and creative-imagination.

I thought 5w6 or 5w4, though 6w7 could be the one, too...
I doubt myself so much...
Everything is so twisty and raw inside...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], just when I thought I had me all figured out you had to go and mess with my head! [at least you didn't try to take it off...hehe, but just in case you get any ideas, I've been trained by a master from Fu Chung [sp?] and can handle all manner of blades.]

["Dag blame it," she mutters and picks up her dry erase marker again, "Back to the drawing board."] No, seriously, thank you for offering this point of view. I will read from the link you sent and carefully consider.

You might want to look at 6 too :). For about a year or so I thought I was an 8. At least that's what the tests kept saying and I knew very little about Enneagram at the time and so I didn't know any different. Your MBTI type isn't posted here but the following chart has correlations.

MBTI-Enneagramnowing-Correlation-PersonalityCafeData2.jpg

Also, this thread has some statistics:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/58167-forum-statistics-enneagram-types.html

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The enneagram on the whole actually fits me far better I think than MBTI does - I guess getting it right really is the most important for at least some of us in mapping out our motivations.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He sounds a little boring, though I do like the Buddhatar. :D
My dearest skylights, my sun and stars,

The new version still has some bugs, so it's possible that you'll be able to see glimpses of the older version, once in a while.

Well, just for the record. I LOVE the sassy baby and he's welcome in my world any time! On the other hand, I can live with Raosfy 2.0 so long as I know that baby in Belize is safe!
Noted. He should come back someday, along with a 3.0 version. :D

Funny thing is an average E3 would resent me for taking part of the spotlight that was meant for you in this thread, but you don't seem to mind at all.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My dearest skylights, my sun and stars,

The new version still has some bugs, so it's possible that you'll be able to see glimpses of the older version, once in a while.

Noted. He should come back someday, along with a 3.0 version. :D

Funny thing is an average E3 would resent me for taking part of the spotlight that was meant for you in this thread, but you don't seem to mind at all.

Are you kidding!? I LOVE it! I'm sitting next to Buddha! Who else gets to do that? [want some tea, wise teacher?]

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey Ene what type do you think Buddha was (could he be a fellow 9w1!? ... and MBTI... hm, INJ)?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] I am going to have a look at those sixes. Thank you [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I am helping my cousin write a criminal justice paper [oh, so boring]. I think I will take a break now and study these links...6, eh? [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]...hey, you changed your name back! I am hoping to come to a place of really understanding Enneagram soon.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] I am going to have a look at those sixes. Thank you [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] I am helping my cousin write a criminal justice paper [oh, so boring]. I think I will take a break now and study these links...6, eh? [MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION]...hey, you changed your name back! I am hoping to come to a place of really understanding Enneagram soon.
[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION]
I originally typed as a 9w1...
Though everyone says I look like a 7w6 and I feel like a 6w7...

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Took another test and got my usual strange and mixed results. I think the only thing for me to do is tri-type myself as a 5w4<3w2<9w1. I place 5 first because I type more often as a 5 on these tests than anything else. I place 3 next because it explains the "fire and drive" that I have and 9w1 lastly because it explains the spirituality that I so heavily identify with. The 5w4 allows for the intuition, creativity and intelligence. The 1 explains the "hard" edge I sometimes get.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/enneagram/evaltest.php

Enneagram Test Results

You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 9w1.

It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

To determine your true type, you might want to start by considering the types with the highest scores on the lists below. Also, there are many fine books and other websites that contain detailed descriptions of the types. Consulting these might give you the information you need to determine your true type. As knowing your Enneagram type involves self-knowledge, you might want to observe and analyze your behavior and motivations. You might also benefit from taking the test again later.
(Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)

Type 5 - 8.3
Type 9 - 7.7
Type 3 - 7.3
Type 1 - 6.7
Type 2 - 6.3
Type 4 - 4
Type 8 - 3.7
Type 6 - 2

Wing 9w1 - 11.1
Wing 1w9 - 10.6
Wing 3w2 - 10.5
Wing 5w4 - 10.3
Wing 2w3 - 10
Wing 1w2 - 9.9
Wing 2w1 - 9.7
Wing 9w8 - 9.6
Wing 5w6 - 9.3
Wing 3w4 - 9.3
Wing 4w5 - 8.2
Wing 4w3 - 7.7
Wing 8w9 - 7.6
Wing 6w5 - 6.2
Wing 8w7 - 5.1
Wing 6w7 - 3.4

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
If ennegram is being too wishy washy (as it seems to often be, although I'm not that into it), what's your MBTI type? It might make things more clear.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
If ennegram is being too wishy washy (as it seems to often be, although I'm not that into it), what's your MBTI type? It might make things more clear.

INFJ but I often score as an INTJ and often get confused for one in real life.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFJ but I often score as an INTJ and often get confused for one in real life.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Do your real life contacts know about MBTI? Or do you just mean that they see you as what an INTJ should look like (regardless of whether or not they are aware of MBTI)?