User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Me? a 3?

WALMART

9w1 would make a good deal of sense. I wanted to suggest it once, seeing you typed 4, but felt restraint was the best course. I'm glad you found it under your own accord.

I know when I first read the 9 description with intent, it was a huge "duh" moment. The entire gut triad, really...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah 9w1 feels right...i was going to say if you were a 3 i would've thought 3w2 instead. i actually don't see 4 for you at all.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    9w8

@superunknown you're a fellow 9er! Yay, I'm in good company. Thank you for looking into and you're right, actually you and @Lady X, as I look at 4, I can see that the only aspect of it that fits me is creativity and there's no law that says a 9 can't be creative So, I'm a poetry-writing, rock-rapelling, martial arts-loving NINE--guts kind of girl! Yeah! [actually, when I read nine with close scruntiny it was an ah-ha moment and explains A LOT about my personality.]
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

garbage

People proclaim me to be a 3w2.

They're wrong, though. I'm a 3w4.

Either way, I'm a 3.

So, ask me questions.

edit: should have read the thread first

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Meet Rasofy 2.0: he is politically correct, dependable, polished, courteous, and everyone likes him.
    Just as everyone should be!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Thank you, @skylights. When I first came to Type C I thought myself a 4w5, but then subsequent tests said 5w4, but I was never completely convinced of it, so someone suggested I might be a 9w1, which I did score as one time. Enneagrams are a strange new world and I knew nothing of 3s, until last night. I can see a little 4 in me, but not enough for me to BE a 4 and a little 5 in me, but not enough for me to BE a 5. I see a lot of 3 in me and a lot of 9, too. I suppose I could do the tri-type thing, which is an even stranger world to me.
    One thing to consider is the direction of integration and disintigration. See the section describing it here and look at the direction of the arrows going to and coming from the number.

If you are a 3, it would not be uncommon for your to exhibit characteristics of a 9 and a 6. I actually think you could be a 3. As a 6, I exhibit characteristics of both 3 and 9 and people here have suggested that I could be both of those types.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    One thing to consider is the direction of integration and disintigration. See the section describing it here and look at the direction of the arrows going to and coming from the number.

If you are a 3, it would not be uncommon for your to exhibit characteristics of a 9 and a 6. I actually think you could be a 3. As a 6, I exhibit characteristics of both 3 and 9 and people here have suggested that I could be both of those types.
    Okay, @highlander, just when I thought I had me all figured out you had to go and mess with my head! [at least you didn't try to take it off...hehe, but just in case you get any ideas, I've been trained by a master from Fu Chung [sp?] and can handle all manner of blades.]

["Dag blame it," she mutters and picks up her dry erase marker again, "Back to the drawing board."] No, seriously, thank you for offering this point of view. I will read from the link you sent and carefully consider.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I agree very much with the bolded for Ene. I also think @greenfairy may be either 9w1 or 4w5/5w4. It must be one of those spiritualist philosopher things. Such wise people!

Yoda from Star Wars could be 9w1, since he's very contemplative and harmony-focused, whereas Einstein may be 5w4, since he's so much into the abstract and creative-imagination.
    I thought 5w6 or 5w4, though 6w7 could be the one, too...
    I doubt myself so much...
    Everything is so twisty and raw inside...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Okay, @highlander, just when I thought I had me all figured out you had to go and mess with my head! [at least you didn't try to take it off...hehe, but just in case you get any ideas, I've been trained by a master from Fu Chung [sp?] and can handle all manner of blades.]

["Dag blame it," she mutters and picks up her dry erase marker again, "Back to the drawing board."] No, seriously, thank you for offering this point of view. I will read from the link you sent and carefully consider.
    You might want to look at 6 too . For about a year or so I thought I was an 8. At least that's what the tests kept saying and I knew very little about Enneagram at the time and so I didn't know any different. Your MBTI type isn't posted here but the following chart has correlations.

Also, this thread has some statistics:

Forum Statistics - % of Enneagram Types

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The enneagram on the whole actually fits me far better I think than MBTI does - I guess getting it right really is the most important for at least some of us in mapping out our motivations.