User Tag List

123 Last

Stansmith

Default Why are Sunglasses so popular among Fours?

I've noticed 80% of the type 4s I see on a day-to-day basis wear sunglasses, walk REALLY fast and have a somewhat angry, unapproachable look on their face. Sunglasses (even indoors!) and those weird, colored-frames are pretty popular among 4-celebrities too.

Any idea why so many 4s like covering their eyes so much? Can any of you guys relate to how I've described IRL Fours at all? Lol. I wouldn't be surprised if all those "4s" I'm seeing are just Counterphobic-6 hipsters (most young white people in Brooklyn are gonna dress/look like that).

Big dark glasses hide a multitude of sins.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Stansmith

I'm going off on a tangent here, but I've also noticed that older 4s tend to look really dreamy and tend to dress exotically for their age. Instead of wearing grandpa pants the women will probably wear drapes (more 4w5) or something, while the men will probably wear an opened up buttoned shirt with some sort of exotic necklace under it (more 4w3). Lots of darker hues in general compared to other people their age..

They seem to maintain this sort of youthful or sexual (more-so in men) spirit as they age.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Fuck sunglasses. Why is black nail polish so popular among 4w5's?

Epiphany

The eyes are the gateway to the soul. It's like wearing a socially acceptable mask so people can't read you. I'm not very emotionally expressive, but my eyes convey my mood.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I've noticed 80% of the type 4s I see on a day-to-day basis wear sunglasses, walk REALLY fast and have a somewhat angry, unapproachable look on their face. Sunglasses (even indoors!) and those weird, colored-frames are pretty popular among 4-celebrities too.
    I own one pair of sunglasses, and I wear them only when my eyes are bothered by the sun-- so I can't relate there. I have been told that I walk purposefully or forcefully (but not "fast"), and have definitely been accused of being unapproachable.

I wouldn't be surprised if all those "4s" I'm seeing are just Counterphobic-6 hipsters (most young white people in Brooklyn are gonna dress/look like that).
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Fuck sunglasses. Why is black nail polish so popular among 4w5's?
    I haven't worn black nail polish in years, though I often wear gray, plum and other dark hues in the winter. I do have a 6w7 friend who sports black nail polish though.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphany View Post
    The eyes are the gateway to the soul. It's like wearing a socially acceptable mask so people can't read you. I'm not very emotionally expressive, but my eyes convey my mood.
    Huh, that's interesting-- that's exactly why I don't wear them unless it's sunny, and hate talking to people who are wearing sunglasses. I also express a great deal with my eyes, which to me is a reason not to unnecessarily wear sunglasses.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I like wearing dark sunglasses so I can people watch surreptitiously.

And @Stansmith, I'm pretty sure Michael Jackson was a 9.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

ndovjtjcaqidthi

No one can see me. Duh.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

They seem to maintain this sort of youthful or sexual (more-so in men) spirit as they age.
    fuck, I hope that's true. I want to get sexier as I get older.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    And @Stansmith, I'm pretty sure Michael Jackson was a 9.
    Finally someone says this! I totally agree. 9w1 so/sx. Same with David Lynch, except he's 9w1 sp/sx.

I wear sunglasses because of the sun. Sometimes when I'm overly depressed I wear them because I don't want people seeing the despair in my eyes and trying to 'help'. But I don't think of myself as being more of a sunglass wearer than others. A lot of the times I don't wear them because it puts this barrier between me and whatever or whomever grabs me. I like eye contact with the ones that matter.