User Tag List

First 78910 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 99

  1. #81
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    8 and Se goes really well

    Se and logic goes perfect

    Logic and thinkers... you get the idea.

  2. #82
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I definitely agree that this is the biggest thing. How do you relate to your wing? Was it hard to figure out? Do you feel your 3 influence ?
    When I first discovered the enneagram I typed as a 5w4, so yes I relate strongly to my five wing. I think I often come off as more of a 5w4 in person with people who I don't connect with, actually. I also relate a lot to the sexual five, the idea of having one special person you confide with, and the avaricious withholding from others who aren't that special person. This is the person I share my 'fourness' with. I can detach myself from my feelings and observe them when things get too dramatic. I also get fairly schizoid/psychotic/nihilistic when unhealthy, accompanied with weird magical thinking. My perceptions of reality get extremely skewed. Competency is also a big deal for me. I hate being forced into situations where I haven't been able to master them before hand. But I'm also my own teacher. I tend to figure things out on my own, and very much have my own way of viewing things.

    When I take enneagram tests 3 is one of my lowest scores, but I know it's there. It just feels like more of a distant shadow that rears its ugly head from to time rather than something constant. It feels a lot more immature.

    What about you with all of the questions you asked me?

    But this is a major thread derail, so maybe you want to PM me?

  3. #83
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Elfboy

    I think that you tend to correlate Fi doms with type 8 because you see Fi as a power source. Having strongly developed your Fi values creates a sense of backbone in yourself, and you see type 8's as having more backbone than just about any other type. However, as you previously said, "Fi is your judge and Te is your executioner", it is the Fi and Te combination working together that makes an Fi users powerful. However since Fi doms lack that Te to reinforce it, it makes me hesitant to see most Fi doms as type 8's.

  4. #84
    Senior Member PimpinMcBoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Type 8 is ultimately about extroversion (as it ultimately seeks to make an affect on the outside world through sheer force) but IMO conceptually I think that type 8 has a stronger chance of being related to the feeling perspective. Unless they are the SP 8 in which case they are more than likely going to be thinking. After all the 8 does seem to find the destruction of anything they find to be disagreeable to be perfectly acceptable. The social and sexual type will likely forgo any sort of pragmatism to punish those who they see as wrong.

    In fact there is a strong correlation with all of the gut types being extroverts.
    Phelgmatic-Jewish-Communist-Islamic-Transethnic-Asexual-National Socialist

  5. #85
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    Type 8 is ultimately about extroversion (as it ultimately seeks to make an affect on the outside world through sheer force) but IMO conceptually I think that type 8 has a stronger chance of being related to the feeling perspective.
    8w7 is more likely to be extroverted, but many 8w9s are quite introverted (I typically picture an ISTP or maybe a more introverted ESTJ when I think 8w9)

    Unless they are the SP 8 in which case they are more than likely going to be thinking. After all the 8 does seem to find the destruction of anything they find to be disagreeable to be perfectly acceptable. The social and sexual type will likely forgo any sort of pragmatism to punish those who they see as wrong.
    I agree with this

    In fact there is a strong correlation with all of the gut types being extroverts.
    I disagree with this. 9s are correlated with introversion and 1s are typically ambiverted (in terms of MBTI, there are plenty of 1s who are both E and I, probably leaning a bit toward I)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  6. #86
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I definitely think 8w9's are more introverted than 8w7's.

    While I'm more extroverted than introverted, it's not by a whole lot.

  7. #87
    Senior Member PimpinMcBoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    8w7 is more likely to be extroverted, but many 8w9s are quite introverted (I typically picture an ISTP or maybe a more introverted ESTJ when I think 8w9)

    I agree with this

    I disagree with this. 9s are correlated with introversion and 1s are typically ambiverted (in terms of MBTI, there are plenty of 1s who are both E and I, probably leaning a bit toward I)
    You are right on both accounts. I was mostly thinking about how the gut type seeks to influence whatever they are doing. On the other hand they also seek NOT to be influenced as well. So I forgot that part. The body type is more than likely to be ambiverted then?
    Phelgmatic-Jewish-Communist-Islamic-Transethnic-Asexual-National Socialist

  8. #88
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PimpinMcBoltage View Post
    Type 8 is ultimately about extroversion (as it ultimately seeks to make an affect on the outside world through sheer force) but IMO conceptually I think that type 8 has a stronger chance of being related to the feeling perspective. Unless they are the SP 8 in which case they are more than likely going to be thinking. After all the 8 does seem to find the destruction of anything they find to be disagreeable to be perfectly acceptable. The social and sexual type will likely forgo any sort of pragmatism to punish those who they see as wrong.

    In fact there is a strong correlation with all of the gut types being extroverts.
    Then why are there so many INTJ and ISTP 8w7's?

  9. #89
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Then why are there so many INTJ and ISTP 8w7's?
    there aren't a lot of INTJ 8w7s (there are some, but not a lot)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #90
    Senior Member PimpinMcBoltage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Then why are there so many INTJ and ISTP 8w7's?
    How would you prove that there is a lot of 8s of those types?

    Strangely enough I actually think there are more INTJ 8s than ISTP 8s. I have no idea why. Ti dom doesn't really scream 8 to me at all.
    Phelgmatic-Jewish-Communist-Islamic-Transethnic-Asexual-National Socialist

Similar Threads

  1. [Te] Why is Te associated with order/organization?
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 06:16 PM
  2. [Enne] Why is pride associated with Enneatype 2s?
    By OneLovelyAdventure in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-18-2014, 12:03 AM
  3. Is MBTT type compatible with Keirsey type?
    By Ezra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-14-2012, 08:20 AM
  4. Why is everybody changing their mbti types?
    By Rasofy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
  5. Why is 'Small Talk' associated with S Types?
    By IZthe411 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO