• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Why is 8 correlated with Thinking types?

W

WALMART

8 and Se goes really well

Se and logic goes perfect

Logic and thinkers... you get the idea.

B

brainheart

I definitely agree that this is the biggest thing. How do you relate to your wing? Was it hard to figure out? Do you feel your 3 influence ?

When I first discovered the enneagram I typed as a 5w4, so yes I relate strongly to my five wing. I think I often come off as more of a 5w4 in person with people who I don't connect with, actually. I also relate a lot to the sexual five, the idea of having one special person you confide with, and the avaricious withholding from others who aren't that special person. This is the person I share my 'fourness' with. I can detach myself from my feelings and observe them when things get too dramatic. I also get fairly schizoid/psychotic/nihilistic when unhealthy, accompanied with weird magical thinking. My perceptions of reality get extremely skewed. Competency is also a big deal for me. I hate being forced into situations where I haven't been able to master them before hand. But I'm also my own teacher. I tend to figure things out on my own, and very much have my own way of viewing things.

When I take enneagram tests 3 is one of my lowest scores, but I know it's there. It just feels like more of a distant shadow that rears its ugly head from to time rather than something constant. It feels a lot more immature.

What about you with all of the questions you asked me?

But this is a major thread derail, so maybe you want to PM me?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]

I think that you tend to correlate Fi doms with type 8 because you see Fi as a power source. Having strongly developed your Fi values creates a sense of backbone in yourself, and you see type 8's as having more backbone than just about any other type. However, as you previously said, "Fi is your judge and Te is your executioner", it is the Fi and Te combination working together that makes an Fi users powerful. However since Fi doms lack that Te to reinforce it, it makes me hesitant to see most Fi doms as type 8's.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Type 8 is ultimately about extroversion (as it ultimately seeks to make an affect on the outside world through sheer force) but IMO conceptually I think that type 8 has a stronger chance of being related to the feeling perspective. Unless they are the SP 8 in which case they are more than likely going to be thinking. After all the 8 does seem to find the destruction of anything they find to be disagreeable to be perfectly acceptable. The social and sexual type will likely forgo any sort of pragmatism to punish those who they see as wrong.

In fact there is a strong correlation with all of the gut types being extroverts.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type 8 is ultimately about extroversion (as it ultimately seeks to make an affect on the outside world through sheer force) but IMO conceptually I think that type 8 has a stronger chance of being related to the feeling perspective.
8w7 is more likely to be extroverted, but many 8w9s are quite introverted (I typically picture an ISTP or maybe a more introverted ESTJ when I think 8w9)

Unless they are the SP 8 in which case they are more than likely going to be thinking. After all the 8 does seem to find the destruction of anything they find to be disagreeable to be perfectly acceptable. The social and sexual type will likely forgo any sort of pragmatism to punish those who they see as wrong.
I agree with this

In fact there is a strong correlation with all of the gut types being extroverts.
I disagree with this. 9s are correlated with introversion and 1s are typically ambiverted (in terms of MBTI, there are plenty of 1s who are both E and I, probably leaning a bit toward I)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I definitely think 8w9's are more introverted than 8w7's.

While I'm more extroverted than introverted, it's not by a whole lot.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
8w7 is more likely to be extroverted, but many 8w9s are quite introverted (I typically picture an ISTP or maybe a more introverted ESTJ when I think 8w9)

I agree with this

I disagree with this. 9s are correlated with introversion and 1s are typically ambiverted (in terms of MBTI, there are plenty of 1s who are both E and I, probably leaning a bit toward I)

You are right on both accounts. I was mostly thinking about how the gut type seeks to influence whatever they are doing. On the other hand they also seek NOT to be influenced as well. So I forgot that part. The body type is more than likely to be ambiverted then?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Type 8 is ultimately about extroversion (as it ultimately seeks to make an affect on the outside world through sheer force) but IMO conceptually I think that type 8 has a stronger chance of being related to the feeling perspective. Unless they are the SP 8 in which case they are more than likely going to be thinking. After all the 8 does seem to find the destruction of anything they find to be disagreeable to be perfectly acceptable. The social and sexual type will likely forgo any sort of pragmatism to punish those who they see as wrong.

Then why are there so many INTJ and ISTP 8w7's?

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Then why are there so many INTJ and ISTP 8w7's?

How would you prove that there is a lot of 8s of those types?

Strangely enough I actually think there are more INTJ 8s than ISTP 8s. I have no idea why. Ti dom doesn't really scream 8 to me at all.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7

Strangely enough I actually think there are more INTJ 8s than ISTP 8s. I have no idea why. Ti dom doesn't really scream 8 to me at all.

In my experience,

ISTP 8's are usually mistyped ESTP or ISTJ.

While INTJ 8's are usually mistyped ISTJ, ENTJ, or ENTP.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I would also think a lot of these 8s are just mistyped counterphobic 6s. Or sexual 1s for INTJs.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
there aren't a lot of INTJ 8w7s (there are some, but not a lot)

No I think that there's a lot more INTJ 8w7's than you would think.

Look at any MBTI + enneagram correlation site and they will confirm my theory.

Also, when it comes to ISTP's being 8w7's, it makes perfect sense to me...

From what I have observed any type what has both a strong thinking function and a strong gut center function (Se and Te) tends to commonly be type 8's.

Concur_Withall

MBTI Type
NFJ
8 is correlated with aggression. Aggression is often thought of as being due to a lack of relatedness to the person being aggressed against, and this is associated with being an egocentric "Thinking" type. I think however that Type 8 may actually be more a trait of the scorned Feeling type, who wishes to push their own values onto the world around them.

It is easy to see why there is a correlation, but is it actually correct?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8 is correlated with aggression. Aggression is often thought of as being due to a lack of relatedness to the person being aggressed against, and this is associated with being an egocentric "Thinking" type. I think however that Type 8 may actually be more a trait of the scorned Feeling type, who wishes to push their own values onto the world around them.
this is pretty much my thinking. I think Feeling types (FPs specifically) are more in touch with their anger and lust than Thinking types.

tralala

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I doubt it.

Most feeling types hate conflict.

Put a bunch of feeling types in a group and you'll find the biggest group of fakers.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Put a bunch of feeling types in a group and you'll find the biggest group of fakers.
clearly you don't know much about cognitive functions. if you put a bunch of extroverted feelers in a group, you may well have a bunch of fakers, but introverted feeling is the antithesis of fake.

Dancing_Queen

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Being an 8 isn't a "trait". It's the opposite, you're an 8 because of the traits you present. It also has nothing to do whatsoever with being "scorned", neither are 8's controlling of people.

this is pretty much my thinking. I think Feeling types (FPs specifically) are more in touch with their anger and lust than Thinking types.

Judging by our actions, it does seem so. But I'm interested in what have you observed that made you come to this conclusion.

I doubt it.

Most feeling types hate conflict.

Your ignorance is astonishing.

I'm yet to come across an Extroverted Feeler who avoids conflict. Maybe a type 9 one, but an 8?

As for labeling Feelers as fakers, shows how much you know about MBTI.

And how convenient for you to just join in with an username "tralala" as a type 8w7 ENTJ.

I call bullshit.

tralala

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You've categorically never come across an Fe that doesn't avoid conflict?

Funny.