First 23456 Last

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

@Elfboy

I've been wondering this myself. 8 seems very Fi-ish--screw what society says, do it your own way. Justice. War vs Peace.

When I start talking about how I experience my 8-fix, others have told me it really sounds "more Fi"--Justice. War vs Peace. Screw society. Lol.

It's possible that many 8s mistype as Thinkers, for one thing. I personally type strongly on Sensing/Thinking, and I'm 99% sure it's the 8-fix that influences that.

I am capable of being--
    - blunt and insensitive
    - more concerned with justice and fairness than interpersonal considerations
    - outwardly cold and unfeeling
    - strategic
    - value my ability to think logically and clearly (could be 5ish)
    - see most emotional displays as "sentimental" and therefore "weak"
    - avoid expressing feelings due to vulnerability/inherent aversion to doing so
    - and I could probably list all the criteria of "Thinking"

It was really hard for me to accept I was more likely a "Feeler". I'm "obviously" a Thinker, lol.

So, that may be one reason there's a dearth of Feeling 8s--simple mistyping! I know that ExFP 8s do exist, and I've heard reports of INFJ 8s as well.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    I'd knock you out if only you didn't have Queen Kelly as your avatar
    But you're what the thread is about!
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    But you're what the thread is about!
    You see, "unthinking" isn't a nice term .

Just kidding, did you take that seriously?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by mcgooglian View Post
    8s are assholes and don't care about peoples feelings and neither do Ts. Simple as that.
    To apply Big Five dimensions, feelers correlate to agreeableness where thinkers correlate to egocentricity.

This is why I question feeler 8s. They strike me more as CP sixes or threes.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    many 8s are intelligent and strategic thinkers, but a read of any decent 8 description should make clear that 8 is not a fundamentally rational type, but an instinctual, temperamental and "go with what feels right" type. yes, you have you NTJ 8 "take over the world" types (usually 5 fixed and Sp dom), but these are the exception, not the rule.

if anything, the type that comes to my mind when reading most 8 descriptions is ESFP. when I think Thinking types, I think more along the lines of 1, 5 and 6w5
    Do you have a good (and free!) online Ennagram test you can recommend? I know I"m a 7- but beyond that --- I just dunno. Thanks!
    It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. ~e.e. cummings

ENFP
    sx/so/sp
    7w6, 4w5, 9w8

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    @Elfboy

I've been wondering this myself. 8 seems very Fi-ish--screw what society says, do it your own way. Justice. War vs Peace.

When I start talking about how I experience my 8-fix, others have told me it really sounds "more Fi"--Justice. War vs Peace. Screw society. Lol.

It's possible that many 8s mistype as Thinkers, for one thing. I personally type strongly on Sensing/Thinking, and I'm 99% sure it's the 8-fix that influences that.

I am capable of being--
    - blunt and insensitive
    - more concerned with justice and fairness than interpersonal considerations
    - outwardly cold and unfeeling
    - strategic
    - value my ability to think logically and clearly (could be 5ish)
    - see most emotional displays as "sentimental" and therefore "weak"
    - avoid expressing feelings due to vulnerability/inherent aversion to doing so
    - and I could probably list all the criteria of "Thinking"

It was really hard for me to accept I was more likely a "Feeler". I'm "obviously" a Thinker, lol.

So, that may be one reason there's a dearth of Feeling 8s--simple mistyping! I know that ExFP 8s do exist, and I've heard reports of INFJ 8s as well.
    I'd just like to point out that a great many "INFJ's" are actually ENFJ's who think they're introverts because they stay indoors a lot. In my increasing understanding of actual INFJ's, I'm starting to see 8 as an impossibility. One of the very things that make INFJs what they are is the fact that they look like a weak victim who needs protection. This victim appearance is what drives their ESTP duals to feel compassion. However, the "fear of being harmed" is in line with INFJ behavior. But I haven't met one who I'm convinced wasn't actually an ENFJ.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    To apply Big Five dimensions, feelers correlate to agreeableness where thinkers correlate to egocentricity.

This is why I question feeler 8s. They strike me more as CP sixes or threes.
    I feel this way too. Part of being an 8 is learning to ignore your own emotions and feel no pain. It doesn't really compute with being a feeler, unless you take the socionics ignoring function into account, which allows for ESFJ and ENFJ to be 8's as well (Fi ignoring). I know an ESFJ who I suspect is either 8w7 or CP6, but the guy is really aggressive. He introduced himself to me by tickling me shortly after making eye contact. He also says things that hint E6 to me, like for example, there was a cargo net hanging above a large drop in my gym. He looks at it, looks down, then just jumps on the cargo net and swings around and almost kicks me in the face on the way back. He then hands me the cargo net and says "Its time to face your fears Jay." I laugh because I don't do that shit. When I'm scared of something I just don't do it, lmao.

Though I'm pretty certain Bruce Campbell (and my uncle who is nearly identical) is an ESFJ 8w7. My uncle got angry at my family because they didn't support me after I left the navy, so he went to each one of my parents and grandparents, and shouted at them. haha.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    many 8s are intelligent and strategic thinkers, but a read of any decent 8 description should make clear that 8 is not a fundamentally rational type, but an instinctual, temperamental and "go with what feels right" type. yes, you have you NTJ 8 "take over the world" types (usually 5 fixed and Sp dom), but these are the exception, not the rule.

if anything, the type that comes to my mind when reading most 8 descriptions is ESFP. when I think Thinking types, I think more along the lines of 1, 5 and 6w5
    I think that it's because Type 8 is insensitive, when it's entranced. They just focuse on their own interest and pleasure and their own strength and power without taking other people's feelings into account. In stressful situations they disintegrate in 5 and become even more insensitive and cerebral, while their feeling side is what appears when they integrate in 2, and it's not their usual, basic way of life.

So it's correlated with T.

Of course, Fi and Fe judgements can furnish justifications for such behavior, and so the 8 can be an F, but it may be less usual, and be the typical Thinkers's way to use feeling functions.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I'd just like to point out that a great many "INFJ's" are actually ENFJ's who think they're introverts because they stay indoors a lot. In my increasing understanding of actual INFJ's, I'm starting to see 8 as an impossibility. One of the very things that make INFJs what they are is the fact that they look like a weak victim who needs protection. This victim appearance is what drives their ESTP duals to feel compassion. However, the "fear of being harmed" is in line with INFJ behavior. But I haven't met one who I'm convinced wasn't actually an ENFJ.
    Al Pacino and Alejandro Jodorowsky are 8s, and they are probably INFJs.

Anyway, I don't think INFJs look like victim at all! Many of them look like this, of course. But some of them release something tough, strong, that's thoses who are in connection with their ESTP shadow of course.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

hmm, jodorowsky seems like an INFP to me, and usually "INFP 8's" are E1's. And I suspect al pacino is ENFJ 3. I know a guy who's mannerisms and behaviors are just like him in real life. huge one upper.

The only intimidating INFJ I can think of would be an E5, or an E4. For example, my avatar. And even then, that's a posed picture.

edit: let me clarify.

Enneagram 8 and socionics IEI (NiFe) is impossible.