User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Elfboy

I'm still not seeing many feeling dom 8w7's.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Elfboy
    apart from what has already been said (Fe and 8 don't fit together well, 8s are rare, Fi doms are also rare) that's largely because most 8w7s are extroverts (with an occasional ISTP or INTJ). I?FP 8w9 I don't see being that much of a stretch though.

PS: I think @Animal is an INFP 8w7. you may want to talk to her
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISTP

8s are assholes and don't care about peoples feelings and neither do Ts. Simple as that.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

One 8 problem is building an outer protective "shell" and distancing themselves from allowing others to get through to them and impact them deeply, thereby protecting themselves from ever being threatened or limited by others. That shell may be somewhat inhibitory for Feelers, who often tend to use personal impact as a measuring stick for value-based judgment. Hence 8 being less common amongst Fs, perhaps.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    What about me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Queen View Post
    What about me?
    Because you're a non-thinking 8w7.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    apart from what has already been said (Fe and 8 don't fit together well, 8s are rare, Fi doms are also rare) that's largely because most 8w7s are extroverts (with an occasional ISTP or INTJ). I?FP 8w9 I don't see being that much of a stretch though.

PS: I think @Animal is an INFP 8w7. you may want to talk to her
    I agree with most of this, but I just don't see the Fi dom 8's in real life or online. Oh and I can tell the difference between an ISFP 8 and an ISTP 8 very easily. To me, Jango unchained was a clear ISTP 8w7 and Katness was a clear 8w9 ISFP. You can see that Fi vs. Ti if you look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgooglian View Post
    8s are assholes and don't care about peoples feelings and neither do Ts. Simple as that.
    Yeah I agree with this.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Because thinkers are better at objective thinking.
    Type 8s are no better at objective thinking than feelers or thinkers. And thinkers are not outstanding at it at all. If we're talking generalities, they just REALLY focus on making sure they don't follow the 'emotional appeal' fallacy to the point of thinking there is a hierarchy for fallacies.. Which is, in and of itself, a fallacy.

If your theory is correct then why do we see so few feeling type 8's on the forum?
    I think a combination of type 8 feelers being uninterested in this particular forum, mistypings, and the fact that I don't feel 8 is at all the most abundant type out there by any means. Correlation is not causation though.

I don't even think we've studied the forum to find out if there are more type 8 thinkers vs feelers in general, so I don't know if we can make that assumption outright. But even if it were the case, that does not mean that this forum is an overall accurate representation of population. (Most of the population is ISTJ according to some, and yet we lack them severely.)

You're getting oddly specific now. The question was posed about feelers.. and now we're getting into tertiary functions vs type 8 to try to continue to make a point?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgooglian View Post
    I would disagree with that entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    One 8 problem is building an outer protective "shell" and distancing themselves from allowing others to get through to them and impact them deeply, thereby protecting themselves from ever being threatened or limited by others. That shell may be somewhat inhibitory for Feelers, who often tend to use personal impact as a measuring stick for value-based judgment. Hence 8 being less common amongst Fs, perhaps.
    I would expound upon this and say that many people who are indeed feelers mistake themselves as thinkers for protective measures like this one. The ability to use Te does not make you a thinker at all--nor does it make you any type that uses tertiary Te. Everyone uses every function to some extent. Enneagram and MBTI are not linked together, they were not made to be part of the same system, and neither completely encompasses the whole picture of a person. Which is why so many people decide they are a different type years later. Something clicks, and they realize that x situation was causing a y reaction which showed up as ISFP somehow. Or type 7, when they were actually type 3.

People see what they want to see. Type 8s look like total assholes, or total superheroes, however people end up writing about them. Since most people do not relate to that, and certainly feelers tend to not, it is easy to steer away from the type on simple grounds of inappropriate stereotypes and write-ups sans in depth research. Which, might I add, most of us don't want to do on here.. (myself included in this.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Because you're a non-thinking 8w7.
    I'd knock you out if only you didn't have Queen Kelly as your avatar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]