User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When down in the dumps, do you retreat entirely inside your head?

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I've noticed when I feel shitty, I tend to really withdraw into my head. I ignore my physical environment, and become even more of a slob then I am already. I lose my appetite. I keep everything outside my head as far away as possible. Am I alone with this?
    Same here, except I don't so much become a slob as just super spacey. I'm mostly there right now.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

failed poetry slam career Array chubber's Avatar
    5w4 sx
    ILI Te

I can identify with the not eating part. Isolate myself, moping, dragging my feet. Sleeping in the shower, sleeping for hours in the bed. Disconnect from the world. I guess with my Te I express it to myself in private and figure things out through that way.

Senior Member Array
    3w2 sx/sp

It depends on what kind of "down" I am. If, say, I get a letter of denial from a company I interviewed for and wanted to work for, I'd get down and, unfortunately, booze is my release.

If I'm "down" on life in general, I try to sleep through it. I also purchased some St. John's Wort that I take the powder out of the capsules and make tea. It helps quite a lot.