Do you know of any examples?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

brainheart

I've seen Cormac McCarthy listed as one. I could see it.

I think a 4w5 sp/so will seem especially one-like externally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post

I've read that about sp 4s, and I do strongly identify with many aspects of 1s.

In response to your rep: It should have been obvious, but having a stacking in seeming contradiction to type 4 threw me off. You -- at least at one point -- typed as 461 or 416, right? Apparently 4s of this tritype are the most compliant 4s, so that probably has something to do with why we both mistyped as 9s.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    I've read that about sp 4s, and I do strongly identify with many aspects of 1s.

In response to your rep: It should have been obvious, but having a stacking in seeming contradiction to type 4 threw me off. You -- at least at one point -- typed as 461 or 416, right? Apparently 4s of this tritype are the most compliant 4s, so that probably has something to do with why we both mistyped as 9s.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure my tritype is 461 as well. I think it makes for a more repressed four in certain ways, what with the influence of the superego.

brainheart

And I think this song is very 461:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

And I think this song is very 461:
    I love that song, and I think I see what you mean. I'd definitely consider 461 for Cohen. All 4s fixate on shame, but it seems like 461s, under strong influence of two superego types, are particularly guilt-driven* as well. I wasn't sure how to explain the difference, so I looked it up and found this:

Guilt is an awareness of failure against a standard. Shame is a sense of failure before the eyes of someone else.
    At the risk of simplifying it, Bird on a Wire is a sung apology, an acknowledgment of his failure to live up to his standards. There's also an acknowledgment of the beauty in the striving, which is where the influence of 4 can be seen. That's at least part of what I see in "Like a bird on a wire / like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free." What's your interpretation of those lines?

*Not to imply that 461s are more righteous or anything (though based on the tritype description, that seems to be a common self-delusion). It goes without saying that guilt doesn't always do its job.

brainheart

I love that song, and I think I see what you mean. I'd definitely consider 461 for Cohen. All 4s fixate on shame, but it seems like 461s, under strong influence of two superego types, are particularly guilt-driven* as well. I wasn't sure how to explain the difference, so I looked it up and found this:
    I agree. That definition of guilt is right-on. I think that because the standard depends on the individual, what triggers guilt will vary substantially. With four leading, I think the guilt will be less ethically based and more image based. In other words, not Am I being a good, moral person? so much as Am I living up to the idealistic image of who I think I should be? If not, it's all my fault.

At the risk of simplifying it, Bird on a Wire is a sung apology, an acknowledgment of his failure to live up to his standards. There's also an acknowledgment of the beauty in the striving, which is where the influence of 4 can be seen. That's at least part of what I see in "Like a bird on a wire / like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free." What's your interpretation of those lines?
    Well put. I'd say my interpretation is close enough to yours that there's little reason in adding to it.

Not to imply that 461s are more righteous or anything (though based on the tritype description, that seems to be a common self-delusion). It goes without saying that guilt doesn't always do its job.
    Yes, I would say that can be a common self-delusion. I especially relate to this in the description:

When they feel insecure, they can be overly critical of themselves and others and appear to be a snob.

I had a hard time seeing this in myself. When people made comments to me about my being 'my own worse enemy' and 'being elitist' at my more unhealthy moments I tended to dismiss them. But now I get it. I also think this is good advice/ something to strive for:

[461s] need to trust what they intuitively sense and act accordingly...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Do you know of any examples?
    Nah. They're as rare as unicorns
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

What does it mean to be 1-like? I have a difficult time understanding 1's.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green