First 123 Last

Thread: Sp/So 4w5s?

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

That's how I test but I'm really new too all this stuff so I won't even pretend to know for sure. I just know I'm a 4 for the most part. I was hoping this would help.
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

@iNtrovert

There are some good descriptions here that might be helpful.

@IndyAnnaJoan

Quote Originally Posted by thechangeworks.com
    Four's Connection to 1
    Healthy connection to 1 brings objectivity, balance and idealism. Helps Fours locate the objective world and connect to a factual reality that is independent of their inner feelings. Like finding dry land in a sea of subjectivity. Discipline of cleaving to the real world diminishes self-indulgence and melodrama. Practical problem-solving skills enhanced. Intense feelings smooth out, a kind of balanced equanimity takes hold. Will also be idealistic and willing to work hard out in the world for what they believe in. Become contributors instead of complainers.

The low side of this connection is that a Four can become faultfinding and nit-picky. Dissatisfied perfectionism may color their relationships. Get creatively blocked because nothing they produce is up to their own high standards. Induce shame in themselves with inner criticism. May tear down others out of jealousy. Sometimes latch onto a grandiose, obsessive Big Idea. Belief they are attuned to Absolute Truth. Idealistic and artistic pretentiousness possible. Sometimes can be rageful.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@decrescendo
    Woof. That sounds like me. More so the pro's than the con's portion. I think it's why I come off SJ-like.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Self-pres/Social

This subtype is the least volatile and fiery of the type Four stackings. They can resemble type One in terms of their efficiency and practicality. Although their focus will be more on the emotional aesthetic, these Fours do have a considerable practical side. Less flashy than some of the subtypes of Four, they nevertheless have a quiet charm and developed sense of style. They are likely to value their possessions, to perhaps collect items of personal emotional significance. They may, for instance, have shelves and shelves of books and have a place for each book. This subtype can also resemble type Six in terms of having a great deal of anxiety. This anxiety often revolves around self-pres concerns such as those surrounding health issues and mortality. Their strong self-pres instinct also lends a degree of independence to this subtype. As the sexual instinct is least pronounced, this subtype of Four is prone to romanticize intimacy without actually pursuing real relationships. When healthy, these Fours can be very productive; when less healthy they might suffer from boughts of melancholy or self pity. The strong self-pres instinct however often helps these individuals to recognize how their state of mind is impacting their health and well being. This enables them to become action oriented.
    Thanks to @IndyAnnaJoan for reminding me of this Type 4 sp/so description from a post from 3 years ago. I don't remember where the source is and too lazy to Google it

Edit : Ah nevermind. Didn't see the link in the post above
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

the only one i've ever found is Fyodor Dostoevsky, it's a shame they're so very rare, or maybe that's the charm, i've always been fascinated by sp/so's nonetheless.

"My debauchery I undertook solitarily, by night, covertly, fearfully, filthily, with a shame that would not abandon me... I was then already bearing the underground in my soul."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Found a list here.

Phillip Larkin
    Frank McCourt
    Vladimir Nabakov
    Jose Saramego
    UA Fanthorpe
    Ingmar Bergman
    Bernardo Bertolucci
    Claudio Abbado
    Nabakov and Jose Saramego sound right, but I don't know the others.

Also saw Willy Wonka listed as one (?)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

Ingmar Bergman was so/sp.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

@William K, where did you find this? I'd like to read the so/sp one, too. This description seems very fitting.
    -John Green

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

@IndyAnnaJoan

4-SO/SP: This subtype can mimic type One when it comes to social values. They can be harsh critics of the current mores. They have romantic ideals of what the world should be like; reality always falls short. Ironically, this type can be the most withdrawn of the Fours. Social anxiety combines with the Four's shame issues to make this type feel that the pressure associated with "fitting in" is just not worth it. They are also the most likely of the Fours to intellectualize their emotions and in this way resemble type Five.
    The social instinct tends to give the personality a focus on being included, fitting in, or finding a way to make a valued contribution. This agenda conflicts with the Four's sense of being "different from" or "other than." The Four's need to establish a separate identity conflicts with the social instinct's drive towards inclusion. The social Four often deals with this dilemma by defining themselves as being outside the social system. By defining themselves always in terms of the system, even if it is to establish distance, this Four stays essentially tied to it. Fours with the social/self-pres stacking tend to acutely feel a sense of social shame at not quite belonging.
    When this subtype is reasonably healthy, they are often gifted critics of the prevailing culture. They develop true insight into social dynamics and have an eye for the nuances and subtleties of social interactions. Many Four writers are soc/self.

[source]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by decrescendo View Post
    @IndyAnnaJoan

4-SO/SP: This subtype can mimic type One when it comes to social values. They can be harsh critics of the current mores. They have romantic ideals of what the world should be like; reality always falls short. Ironically, this type can be the most withdrawn of the Fours. Social anxiety combines with the Four's shame issues to make this type feel that the pressure associated with "fitting in" is just not worth it. They are also the most likely of the Fours to intellectualize their emotions and in this way resemble type Five.
    The social instinct tends to give the personality a focus on being included, fitting in, or finding a way to make a valued contribution. This agenda conflicts with the Four's sense of being "different from" or "other than." The Four's need to establish a separate identity conflicts with the social instinct's drive towards inclusion. The social Four often deals with this dilemma by defining themselves as being outside the social system. By defining themselves always in terms of the system, even if it is to establish distance, this Four stays essentially tied to it. Fours with the social/self-pres stacking tend to acutely feel a sense of social shame at not quite belonging.
    When this subtype is reasonably healthy, they are often gifted critics of the prevailing culture. They develop true insight into social dynamics and have an eye for the nuances and subtleties of social interactions. Many Four writers are soc/self.

[source]
    Thanks!
    -John Green