• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] Are criminals most likely to be (CP)6s?

S

Stansmith

Lol it sucks to think this, but whenever I read or hear about f-cked up crimes of passion like a teenager drowning their baby for seemingly no reason, someone shooting up a school, etc. I can't help but think about an unhealthy cp6 going bat-sh-t crazy due to anxiety.

Even growing up in the "hood", I've noticed 90% of the kids ive seen going down the wrong path and screwing their lives up are unhealthy 6s, some of these people I've known really well. They relieve their issues of anxiety through unprotected sex, drugs, gang banging, robbing people, etc. In every delinquent I see a scared child that's just way too familiar to me. I've managed to steer clear of that route throughout my life, but I can't help but feel unsettled knowing so many other people of my type cope this way.

Obviously, lots of different unhealthy types such as 7s, 8s and even 3s (in a more ambitious way) that can display this behavior too, but there's something about the 6 ones that are really unsettling to me. It's less composed, and more erratic and unjustified. An 8 with a child would have more composure, a 7 would probably embrace the child with optimism, but an unhealthy cp6 will straight up abuse the child out of anxiety and raise another kid with a f-cked up childhood. It's such a common sight in my environment and I can't help but be embarassed.

Do you think there's a correlation?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no... there's a lot of diversity in types of crimes out there to be committed, if in doubt just look through your local arrest logs or perhaps read the criminal code of your state (I did that once in high school and giggled throughout :laugh:)

I've been arrested and in jail on 3 different occasions and this means that I'm a criminal I guess, though I never committed any truly interesting crimes, the types that appear on television shows or anything. I am most definitely not a 6 of any sort and was not driven by any 6-ish motivations. Can't say that was really a factor for any of my cellmates either... most of them were just trying to get by and took the wrong path :shrug:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone can be a criminal especially if they're raised in an environment where crime is considered normal or encouraged. I guess I could see 6s being more attracted to gangs than other types, but there are a lot of types of criminals apart from that.

I've been in jail and am in the process of getting tried for 3 felonies currently. So yeah :notype:

S

Stansmith

^^Im not talking about regular little offenses, I'm talking about people at the brink of insanity who do heinous things out of insecurity like the holocaust, the Virginia tech massacres, and the millions of kids eho are abused for no good reason because their parents hate themselves.

The way I see it, an E8 gangster would let out his aggression in a fruitful, composed and calculated manner, while an E6 gangster will let out his aggression spontaneously, stupidly and completely screw himself over.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^^Im not talking about regular little offenses, I'm talking about people at the brink of insanity who do heinous things out of insecurity like the holocaust, the Virginia tech massacres, and the millions of kids eho are abused for no good reason.

refining one's OP may be an excellent idea then :newwink:

I mean, I read criminal and I think of the fact that I'm quite aware of what the inside of a jail cell feels like, and the waiting for your court date and that feeling of fucking doom that hangs over your head because you can't make plans, have to put your future on hold, because you might be spending the next few years in prison...

And I still don't think that's particularly type related... anyone can snap in the right or wrong circumstances. I made a comment a while back to someone about the fact that I could just about understand the mental underpinnings of some spree killers... I happened to be experiencing some health problems and the feeling of sheer desperation related to that in a way, like an animal caught in a trap, just made me want to lash out and hurt someone. I didn't, but I could get that sort of thought... :shock:... to tell the truth it kind of disturbed me that something so mundane could make me think that way.

Motivation isn't uniform, that's the problem with such assumptions :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^Im not talking about regular little offenses, I'm talking about people at the brink of insanity who do heinous things out of insecurity like the holocaust, the Virginia tech massacres, and the millions of kids eho are abused for no good reason because their parents hate themselves.
this doesn't comprise the majority of criminals

The way I see it, an E8 gangster would let out his aggression in a fruitful, composed and calculated manner, while an E6 gangster will let out his aggression spontaneously, stupidly and completely screw himself over.

this is a common misconception. it is 6w5 and 5w6 who are likely to be more calculated criminals. 8s are tactical; 6s and 5s are strategic. an immature 8 is likely to be more reckless and not think things through (especially an Sx/So or So/Sx 8)

@OT
7w8 or 8w7 (and definitely Sx/So :laugh: )

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
refining one's OP may be an excellent idea then :newwink:
I mean, I read criminal and I think of the fact that I'm quite aware of what the inside of a jail cell feels like, and the waiting for your court date and that feeling of fucking doom that hangs over your head because you can't make plans, have to put your future on hold, because you might be spending the next few years in prison...
And I still don't think that's particularly type related... anyone can snap in the right or wrong circumstances. I made a comment a while back to someone about the fact that I could just about understand the mental underpinnings of some spree killers... I happened to be experiencing some health problems and the feeling of sheer desperation related to that in a way, like an animal caught in a trap, just made me want to lash out and hurt someone. I didn't, but I could get that sort of thought... :shock:... to tell the truth it kind of disturbed me that something so mundane could make me think that way.
Motivation isn't uniform, that's the problem with such assumptions :)

I know you're making an argument that any type can loose it under enough pressure (and for the most part I agree with you, though there are probably still correlations) but the behavior you described was very much like a stressed out 7w8

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know you're making an argument that any type can loose it under enough pressure (and for the most part I agree with you, though there are probably still correlations) but the behavior you described was very much like a stressed out 7w8

you've got it backwards...

and my argument still stands, I was merely offering another motivation that someone else could have other than the CP 6 motivation that seems to be the one that he's thinking of as the primary one out there. I know that there's others, but I'm not them :shrug:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

this is a common misconception. it is 6w5 and 5w6 who are likely to be more calculated criminals. 8s are tactical; 6s and 5s are strategic. an immature 8 is likely to be more reckless and not think things through (especially an Sx/So or So/Sx 8)

@OT
7w8 or 8w7 (and definitely Sx/So :laugh: )

MY CRIMES WERE CRIMES OF IMPULSE, DAMMIT! :2ar15:

and on that note, I have punched people for disrespecting me on several occasions in the past without a second thought... fuck calculation, that happens after the fact when I'm thinking of how to get out of the mess I got myself into :cool:

I live with a 6 and share a bed with one and was raised by one... they're sneaky bastards who worry about getting caught... very paranoid about that... if either of them were to go murderous I could expect letter bombs to be sent, not popping a cap in someone's ass :laugh:

or in the case of my grandfather... also 6... he would snipe them off from a long distance... beware of retired marksmen! :peepwall:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MY CRIMES WERE CRIMES OF IMPULSE, DAMMIT! :2ar15:
and on that note, I have punched people for disrespecting me on several occasions in the past without a second thought... fuck calculation, that happens after the fact when I'm thinking of how to get out of the mess I got myself into :cool:
I live with a 6 and share a bed with one and was raised by one... they're sneaky bastards who worry about getting caught... very paranoid about that... if either of them were to go murderous I could expect letter bombs to be sent, not popping a cap in someone's ass :laugh:
or in the case of my grandfather... also 6... he would snipe them off from a long distance... beware of retired marksmen! :peepwall:
bingo! :) (my 6 wing has talked me out of doing all manner of crazy shit lol)
PS: for the record, I think instinctual variants are more likely to play a role than core type. Sp doms are probably disproportionately less likely to commit crimes while Sx/So is probably the mostly likely to.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I got charged with murdering a room full of toddlers, you don't know me :ranting:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol, I'm guessing possession of pot or some traffic violation

Well you guessed the least serious of my 3 charges, lol.

I think your definition of a criminal is pretty narrow though.. It seems like you're only counting crimes you find morally offensive which isn't the reality. People can get locked up for a large chunk of their lives for making a mistake. And they're certainly considered a criminal by most of "decent" society.

Starry

Lol it sucks to think this, but whenever I read or hear about f-cked up crimes of passion like a teenager drowning their baby for seemingly no reason, someone shooting up a school, etc. I can't help but think about an unhealthy cp6 going bat-sh-t crazy due to anxiety.

Even growing up in the "hood", I've noticed 90% of the kids ive seen going down the wrong path and screwing their lives up are unhealthy 6s, some of these people I've known really well. They relieve their issues of anxiety through unprotected sex, drugs, gang banging, robbing people, etc. In every delinquent I see a scared child that's just way too familiar to me. I've managed to steer clear of that route throughout my life, but I can't help but feel unsettled knowing so many other people of my type cope this way.

Obviously, lots of different unhealthy types such as 7s, 8s and even 3s (in a more ambitious way) that can display this behavior too, but there's something about the 6 ones that are really unsettling to me. It's less composed, and more erratic and unjustified. An 8 with a child would have more composure, a 7 would probably embrace the child with optimism, but an unhealthy cp6 will straight up abuse the child out of anxiety and raise another kid with a f-cked up childhood. It's such a common sight in my environment and I can't help but be embarassed.

There's a high number of counterphobics/individuals with cp-wings in my family and so I've been fascinated by this topic for a while now... yet just now as I type this I'm realizing I'm a bit stuck...wondering how to respond. For starters...I want to point out that 'unhealthy e6' is not synonymous with 'counterphobic e6.' This is not to say there isn't a shit-ton of unhealthy e6cps out there ... but it's by no means an 'if-->then' type of phenomenon.

The type of crimes you mention above... well, it's a bit random. And I'm left to wonder when it became a crime to have unprotected sex in our nation and how that is being enforced...haha (it should be illegal). If we're talking about the kinds of delinquent behaviors and actual crimes (property crime, drug-trafficking, etc.) that seemingly plague urban areas... I would not (necessarily) expect to find a higher number of e6cps involved in those type of activities over other types.

If what we are talking about, however, is child abuse... I would actually expect to find an under-representation of e6cps involved in those type of offenses. Now, I need to make this perfectly clear though... an absence of incidents that would legally qualify as child abuse does not = effective parenting by any stretch of the imagination. But counterphobics are not called 'The Protectors' for nothing. Counterphobics are very mindful of things like loyalty, the under-dog, 'us against the world', defending those that are perceived as not having a 'voice.' <--What I have noticed is that e6cps tend to factor their children into that formula as well. So for example, my eNFJ 6w5cp sister...she is, at times, a force to be reckoned with...and that's putting it mildly. No one is immune to/from one of her attacks if she perceives them to be in the wrong... and yet she has never so much as raised her voice to her children. Basically, for e6cps...there will be a handful of people in the 'us' or 'underdog' role that are considered 'blameless' really and the e6cp will protect...even from themselves I imagine.

OMG...I've been interrupted I don't even know how many times when creating this response haha. I've lost the rest of what I was planning to say. But since the time I started this message...to now when I go post it...perhaps someone has already said it (or a similar thing) in a reply. This reminds me I was going to comment on your Eminem & Tupac typings (both counterphobics)...but I guess I better do that in your Rap/Hip-Hop thread :)

S

Stansmith

There's a high number of counterphobics/individuals with cp-wings in my family and so I've been fascinated by this topic for a while now... yet just now as I type this I'm realizing I'm a bit stuck...wondering how to respond. For starters...I want to point out that 'unhealthy e6' is not synonymous with 'counterphobic e6.' This is not to say there isn't a shit-ton of unhealthy e6cps out there ... but it's by no means an 'if-->then' type of phenomenon.

The type of crimes you mention above... well, it's a bit random. And I'm left to wonder when it became a crime to have unprotected sex in our nation and how that is being enforced...haha (it should be illegal). If we're talking about the kinds of delinquent behaviors and actual crimes (property crime, drug-trafficking, etc.) that seemingly plague urban areas... I would not (necessarily) expect to find a higher number of e6cps over other types.

If what we are talking about, however, is child abuse... I would actually expect to find an under-representation of e6cps involved in those type of offenses. Now, I need to make this perfectly clear though... an absence of incidents that would legally qualify as child abuse does not = effective parenting by any stretch of the imagination. But counterphobics are not called 'The Protectors' for nothing. Counterphobics are very mindful of things like loyalty, the under-dog, 'us against the world', defending those that are perceived as not having a 'voice.' <--What I have noticed is that e6cps tend to factor their children into that formula as well. So for example, my eNFJ 6w5cp sister...she is, at times, a force to be reckoned with...and that's putting it mildly. No one is immune to/from one of her attacks if she perceives them to be in the wrong... and yet has never so much as raised her voice to her children. Basically, for e6cps...there will be a handful of people in the 'us' or 'underdog' role that are considered 'blameless' really and the e6cp will protect...even from themselves I imagine.

OMG...I've been interrupted I don't even know how many times when creating this response haha. I've lost the rest of what I was planning to say. But since the time I started this message...to now when I go post it...perhaps someone has already said it (or a similar thing) in a reply. This reminds me I was going to comment on your Eminem & Tupac typings (both counterphobics)...but I guess I better do that in your Rap/Hip-Hop thread :)

At their core, cp6s don't mean to be malicious at all. Some of the ones I've known have been genuinely good but confused and somewhat reckless people. It's the tendency to shoot themselves in the foot and going WAY off the deep end that bothers me. They're either really courageous or admirable, or the epitome of stupidity like Hitler, Kanye West, or the older sister who gets knocked up and scorns her mother and family due to projection.

A side of my says, hey I'm gonna be that courageous, confident and admirable person, but then there's that fear that I'll end up succumbing to the same stupidity that seems to plague alot of average to unhealthy Sixes.

Starry

At their core, cp6s don't mean to be malicious at all. Some of the ones I've known have been genuinely good but confused and somewhat reckless people. It's the tendency to shoot themselves in the foot and going WAY off the deep end that bothers me. They're either really courageous or admirable, or the epitome of stupidity like Hitler, Kanye West, or the older sister who gets knocked up and scorns her mother and family due to projection.

A side of my says, hey I'm gonna be that courageous, confident and admirable person, but then there's that fear that I'll end up succumbing to the same stupidity that seems to plague alot of average to unhealthy Sixes.

While I knew Hitler was eNFJ 6w5cp on steroids... I actually didn't know Kanye West was counterphobic...or likewise "the older sister who gets knocked up and scorns her mother and family due to projection." <--haha wtf? That's awesome.

I feel like you have a lot of insight into counterphobia...along with maybe a couple of misconceptions. Do you identify with being counterphobic yourself?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

also, since this part is a newer edition, one of the major reasons I do not want children is that I'm pretty sure that I'd fuck them over impressively by accident... if I get angry, I am NOT composed :laugh:

bingo! :) (my 6 wing has talked me out of doing all manner of crazy shit lol)
PS: for the record, I think instinctual variants are more likely to play a role than core type. Sp doms are probably disproportionately less likely to commit crimes while Sx/So is probably the mostly likely to.

an SP who has given up on everything in life can be pretty pathetic... I think you're underestimating here. I'm a repeat offender for drinking and driving, not anything more creative, but I should have been punished more harshly because I did that shit for YEARS before getting caught. Of course once I was caught I was completely desperate to get out of jail... that place fucked with my head... something about being locked in just flipped a switch in my brain and made me feel downright despondent.

I guess I'm saying that an SP who's given up on themselves can be pretty selfish about their behavior in a pretty antisocial manner :shrug:

S

Stansmith

While I knew Hitler was eNFJ 6w5cp on steroids... I actually didn't know Kanye West was counterphobic...or likewise "the older sister who gets knocked up and scorns her mother and family due to projection." <--haha wtf? That's awesome.

I feel like you have a lot of insight into counterphobia...along with maybe a couple of misconceptions. Do you identify with being counterphobic yourself?

I'm phobic.

Kanye's probably mainly an unhealthy phobic 6 with a few counterphobic tendencies. He's mainly passive aggressive

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see a lot of cops being CP6 actually.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think your definition of a criminal is pretty narrow though.. It seems like you're only counting crimes you find morally offensive which isn't the reality.

I think a man was recently locked up a week in jail for shitting his pants in a courtroom. :newwink: