User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    pinkgrafitti Thanks for sharing that video. Geez, that guy hit a lot of things spot on. "If you're a 7, good luck with that" at the end was just perfect, haha.

All of those questions you asked at the end about being a successful and enlightened 7 are issues I've been trying to resolve for myself as well. The way I interpreted his advice for being present in the moment was to try to get caught up in the wonder or thrill of wherever we are. Like, oh, I'm walking. The air feels great on my face; I can bounce to the beat of a song in my head; isn't it fascinating that my whole body is coordinating to move me forward without my concentrating on it? I don't think it's best for us to try to sit ourselves down, but maybe if we're stuck in a situation that appears boring on the surface, kind of looking deeper to find something awesome about it. Just getting wrapped up in the present moment rather than wrapped up in our mental or physical distractions from it. Does that many any sense?
    yes it makes sense and it's interesting i think because i used to have anxiety attacks and the way i would calm myself down was to make myself go sit in nature and pay attention to it...so it's sort of basically what he's talking about.

i think we just get so lost in our mental chatter that we miss so much of the beauty around us....and to stop and notice it gives us such a calm whole feeling.

it's good advice for anyone tho too i guess because in meditation that's the whole practice right? feel the chair? feel your feet on the chair? imagine your feet begin to grow roots and burrow deep down into the earth etc?

it's good stuff tho...i think we ought to just take lil meditation breaks throughout the day
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Loved the video, totally relate! I feel like I have maybe been in that totally healthy and completely present mode in couple month chunks at a time maybe 24 months of the past 20 years. In most of those times I thought I was having a brain tumor /: The rest of that time has been spent trying to get back to that time.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that video is fantastic! he's totally right...and i do that sometimes...remind myself to be present...pay attention to the people in the room etc...

it's funny that we have to remind ourselves to do that...i wonder if se 7's have to as much??
    I relate to parts of that video, I think I used to be more like that when I was younger - but really how can you survive after a certain stage by being scattered?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I relate to parts of that video, I think I used to be more like that when I was younger - but really how can you survive after a certain stage by being scattered?
    i don't know if you're just speaking generally here or what but i don't man that i'm scattered all the time. i'm just typically lost in my thoughts if i'm not engaging with the people/environment around me.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't know if you're just speaking generally here or what but i don't man that i'm scattered all the time. i'm just typically lost in my thoughts if i'm not engaging with the people/environment around me.
    does your mind ever go on turbo? i can't stop thinking, and it's not even focused thought, it's this, then that, etc... is everyone like that maybe? i should go back to yoga.....

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    does your mind ever go on turbo? i can't stop thinking, and it's not even focused thought, it's this, then that, etc... is everyone like that maybe? i should go back to yoga.....
    My mother thinks yoga was invented by demons. It is fun?
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    My mother thinks yoga was invented by demons. It is fun?
    ahahah yes

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

ahahah yes
    When I am on my own, and have freetime...
    I will try it...

I really want to experience the world myself for a change...

Whatever career I pursue (likely teaching...), I want something not too demanding on my time...
    After the primary reward of helping children, the summers off that teachers get would be a godsend...
    I could spend time growing closer to my family...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah for sure it does...i don't feel terribly scattered tho...i mean sometimes...but i feel like a more apt description would be just hyperdrive...it may appear scattered to others or wear them out...but i'm comfortable with my thoughts going a mile a min..it's when i feel most alive and involved with life or like what i'm doing matters in some way..
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    the rosy colored outlook doesn't last forever. what it really is, in my opinion, is a delayed response of negative emotions. to be honest, if I were going to prison, for the first day or so I would be thinking "yay! this is just like all those prison documentaries I watched! ".....but reality does eventually sink in, and which point we become jaded and disintegrate to 1 as our perfect world falls in shambles before us. at this point, we become bitch, critical of others, narcissistic and aggressive, determined to get back what we "deserve" at all costs
    Yeah I could see myself doing that. Plus thinking of the gym and all the time I would have to read and gain some new skills. Whether it was legal or not. Well as long as I didn't get caught anyway. I wouldn't want to hurt anyone or anything but hey why not learn the skills that are available to learn.