User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    maybe 8w7?
    i figured 8s conflict with that sentiment almost more-so than 7s since they try to create a facade (to convince themselves and others) that they don't have any vulnerabilities - with me emotional scars are almost an identity-forming element, it's part of why i identified with the 4 early on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i figured 8s conflict with that sentiment almost more-so than 7s since they try to create a facade (to convince themselves and others) that they don't have any vulnerabilities - with me emotional scars are almost an identity-forming element, it's part of why i identified with the 4 early on.
    oh i'm sorry. i was being a terrible listener. i'll go back and re read the op.

eta: what? i don't get what sentiment. you relate to the positive thinking that 7's do...or you don't? i'm confused.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Society

you relate to the positive thinking that 7's do...or you don't? i'm confused.
    nope - no i don't.

eta: what? i don't get what sentiment.
    the sentiment of delving into pain, fears, emotional scars, etc':
    it conflicts with 7s because they supposedly pretend it isn't there and deny it's existence.
    it conflicts with 8s because they try to generate a facade of invulnerability and that they can't get hurt in the first place.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    nope - no i don't.

the sentiment of delving into pain, fears, emotional scars, etc':
    it conflicts with 7s because they supposedly pretend it isn't there and deny it's existence.
    it conflicts with 8s because they try to generate a facade of invulnerability and that they can't get hurt in the first place.
    oh right...sorry i'm slow today. yeah that doesn't sound very 7. sounds more 4 ish
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

you don't vibe all the 7 to me but i'm not sure we've talked much either.
    maybe 8w7?
    @Mane is too gentle/romantic to be 8w7. I could see him as a 9w8
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Mane is too gentle/romantic to be 8w7. I could see him as a 9w8
    Yeah that might fit
    -Jim Morrison

Stansmith

I don't get it. So if a 7 is sentenced to prison he's just gonna be like "yay! This is like a 2 year summer camp"? Where is the line drawn? I don't think it's realistic to think somebody can be a positive thinker 24/7, and I doubt 7s act on all of their impulses.

I'm guessing an average 7 would think "hmm, that's probably not a good idea, but here's something else I can do!" Or "hmm, this person doesn't like me, I'll go find someone better"

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I don't get it. So if a 7 is sentenced to prison he's just gonna be like "yay! This is like a 2 year summer camp"? Where is the line drawn? I don't think it's realistic to think somebody can be a positive thinker 24/7, and I doubt 7s act on all of their impulses.

I'm guessing an average 7 would think "hmm, that's probably not a good idea, but here's something else I can do!" Or "hmm, this person doesn't like me, I'll go find someone better"
    If I were sentences to 2 years in prison, I of course, would be very upset. I do see myself trying to make the most out of the experience though. Taking advantage of the free gym, learning some valuable skills, trying to get in with some unscary and hopefully cool people. Maybe taking time to reflect. If you can't change the situation, you might as well make the best of it.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    If I were sentences to 2 years in prison, I of course, would be very upset. I do see myself trying to make the most out of the experience though. Taking advantage of the free gym, learning some valuable skills, trying to get in with some unscary and hopefully cool people. Maybe taking time to reflect. If you can't change the situation, you might as well make the best of it.
    I could see a healthy 7 going 5-ish in prison, reading books in his cell and what not.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    the rosy colored outlook doesn't last forever. what it really is, in my opinion, is a delayed response of negative emotions. to be honest, if I were going to prison, for the first day or so I would be thinking "yay! this is just like all those prison documentaries I watched! ".....but reality does eventually sink in, and which point we become jaded and disintegrate to 1 as our perfect world falls in shambles before us. at this point, we become bitch, critical of others, narcissistic and aggressive, determined to get back what we "deserve" at all costs
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire