• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 2] Where my 2w3s at?!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm new to the enneagram stuff, and have recently identified myself as a 2w3. My preference is so. Someone on the forums noted that they had never seen an ENFP 2w3 before. That makes me even more interested in my enneagram, of course! Can anyone shed some light on your experiences as or with a 2w3? Bonus points for so's and ENFPs :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's pretty esfjish IMO

Are you very sure about enfp?

I do have a 2 in my tritype tho so maybe we can be like step cousins or something??

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been an ENFP each time I've taken the test. My S/N is close and so is my T/F, but I still come out more NF every time. I relate a lot to ENFP as well. No doubt on E or P that's for sure! Maybe my S function is coming through a little on my Enneagram? Also I've only taken the Enneagram test once, so maybe that's where the answer lies. Ok just re-took it and I came up as 9w1, 2w3, 7w6. Does that seem more accurate?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've been an ENFP each time I've taken the test. My S/N is close and so is my T/F, but I still come out more NF every time. I relate a lot to ENFP as well. No doubt on E or P that's for sure! Maybe my S function is coming through a little on my Enneagram? Also I've only taken the Enneagram test once, so maybe that's where the answer lies. Ok just re-took it and I came up as 9w1, 2w3, 7w6. Does that seem more accurate?

With me, with the exception of one time, I've tested as an ENFP. My E, N, and P are always extremely strong preferences (greater than 90%). When I took the test the first time, my t/f was 50.000%…so ENxP. Every time since then, though, my F has been between 51% and 55%, depending on my mood…

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
It's pretty esfjish IMO

Are you very sure about enfp?

I do have a 2 in my tritype tho so maybe we can be like step cousins or something??

She reads like an ENFP to me.

And ENFP 2s and 9s do exist - they're just less common than 7s - (in fact, I'm pretty sure I dated one).

MBTI-Enneagramnowing-Correlation-PersonalityCafeData2.jpg

Which test did you take [MENTION=18819]nicolita[/MENTION]?

I recommend this one: http://www.enneagram.net/tests/index.html#fullenneacards

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She reads like an ENFP to me.

And ENFP 2s and 9s do exist - they're just less common than 7s - (in fact, I'm pretty sure I dated one).

MBTI-Enneagramnowing-Correlation-PersonalityCafeData2.jpg

yeah i think they exist too. i just don't think they're very common....and i think sometimes it could point to being mistyped but wasn't saying i think she is exactly...i don't know her.

i took a enneagram test last night and had my boyfriend help me with all the ones that are always hard for me like.....
confident <----------------> anxious
so many of the questions...i'm just both depending on the day. anyway blah blah blah i got 2w3. i don't think i am but i'm close i think.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
yeah i think they exist too. i just don't think they're very common....

Agreed.

...and i think sometimes it could point to being mistyped...

Agreed.

It's obviously far more common amongst EFJs.

Assuming the chart I posted (based on Personality Cafe member data) is accurate (not saying it is, tho), ENFP 2s are as common as INTJ 6s, tho. I don't think we have a single one on here, other than Nicolita, tho, so I'm hoping she is one. She could provide valuable input.

but wasn't saying i think she is exactly...i don't know her.

Gotcha

i took a enneagram test last night and had my boyfriend help me with all the ones that are always hard for me like.....
confident <----------------> anxious

I've considered doing something like that before, cuz...

so many of the questions...i'm just both depending on the day.

...exactly.

anyway blah blah blah i got 2w3. i don't think i am but i'm close i think.

Interesting

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Type Two in Brief
Twos are empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and with acknowledging their own needs. At their Best: unselfish and altruistic, they have unconditional love for others.

Basic Fear: Of being unwanted, unworthy of being loved
Basic Desire: To feel loved
Enneagram Two with a One-Wing: "Servant"
Enneagram Two with a Three-Wing: "The Host/Hostess"

I relate to most of this. I don't feel that I have a possessive tendency, I lean very strongly toward everyone's gotta do their own thing, and get pretty serious about advocating this for people. I also have little patience for people being possessive of me or "needing" me too much. I'm always very happy to help and love serving others (putting on parties, helping other people host, making food for others, making people comfortable and happy). Maybe that's why I'm "The Hostess" rather than "The Servant". But the bit about loving and being loved being #1 is right on as is the bit about unconditional love. I'm obsessed with the idea, and try very hard to have it for all people whether I know them or not. I have been known to get myself into trouble with being overly self-sacrificial, and later can wind up feeling a little resentful that I've been working while everyone else has been enjoying themselves. The feelings of resentment are directed at nobody but myself usually. Maybe my husband or sisters briefly before I wake up and realize I put myself in that situation.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
^ [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]: and, not to get too socionicsish or anything, but her avatar also seems very ENFPish...

I relate to most of this. I don't feel that I have a possessive tendency, I lean very strongly toward everyone's gotta do their own thing, and get pretty serious about advocating this for people. I also have little patience for people being possessive of me or "needing" me too much. I'm always very happy to help and love serving others (putting on parties, helping other people host, making food for others, making people comfortable and happy). Maybe that's why I'm "The Hostess" rather than "The Servant". But the bit about loving and being loved being #1 is right on as is the bit about unconditional love. I'm obsessed with the idea, and try very hard to have it for all people whether I know them or not. I have been known to get myself into trouble with being overly self-sacrificial, and later can wind up feeling a little resentful that I've been working while everyone else has been enjoying themselves. The feelings of resent are directed at nobody but myself usually. Maybe my husband or sisters briefly before I wake up and realize I put myself in that situation.

:rock:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]: and, not to get too socionicsish or anything, but her avatar also seems very ENFPish...

:rock:

oh for sure it does...agreed yep

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my boss is an ENFP 2w3, but I admit at times I wonder if she's ESFJ - perhaps Fe-Ne with less Si. She can be very adverse to "strangeness", which is weird for a Ne-dom.

She has the "get things going" interaction style which rules out ENFJ. I can't imagine an ESFJ hiring me though. The only people who will ever hire me are ExFPs.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think my boss is an ENFP 2w3, but I admit at times I wonder if she's ESFJ - perhaps Fe-Ne with less Si.

:rly???:

She can be very adverse to "strangeness", which is weird for a Ne-dom.

Yeah, that's how my mom is (she says that shit all the time -- it's annoying), and she's an ESFJ 2w3.

She has the "get things going" interaction style which rules out ENFJ.

Could you go into a little more detail about this?

I can't imagine an ESFJ hiring me though. The only people who will ever hire me are ExFPs.

As good a way as typing someone as I've ever heard...

:harhar:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I recommend this one: http://www.enneagram.net/tests/index.html#fullenneacards[/QUOTE]

I took this one : http://enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html

I just took the one you recommended, and got a 7. I only took the free version, and I felt like those boxes I had to choose between combined a lot of different qualities that I wished could have been assessed separately. I read up on 7, though, and I definitely have some of those qualities.

When I read about the 2 qualities, I'm reminded of my mother (an ESFJ). I latched on to those qualities way more than either of my sisters (ISFJ and ISTJ), but wonder to what extent I was influenced by her. I do truly feel like those qualities are my own now, but I see my mom every time I act that way. Others have pointed out this similarity between us too.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Zarathustra said:

I recommend this one: http://www.enneagram.net/tests/index.html#fullenneacards

I took this one : http://enneagramquiz.com/quiz.html

I just took the one you recommended, and got a 7. I only took the free version, and I felt like those boxes I had to choose between combined a lot of different qualities that I wished could have been assessed separately. I read up on 7, though, and I definitely have some of those qualities.

I'd recommend paying the $10 - it's way more accurate than the free version, and will give you your tritype.

(And no, it's not my site)

nicolita said:
When I read about the 2 qualities, I'm reminded of my mother (an ESFJ). I latched on to those qualities way more than either of my sisters (ISFJ and ISTJ), but wonder to what extent I was influenced by her. I do truly feel like those qualities are my own now, but I see my mom every time I act that way. Others have pointed out this similarity between us too.

Yeah, we often adopt the fixes of our parents.

Whatever you are, it looks like you are some form of 279/297/729/792/927/972.

279 Peacemaker Archetype

As a nine, I hate conflict. It's unbearbale when someone gives me the silent treatment, is angry or withdraws. Especially if I had a loving friendship before and when it hugely matters to me. I really like to bring things in the open and get things resolved. Talk things through. See where it went wrong. I do this without criticism. Though when somebody has hurt me and things have bottled up for a long time I can be very critical, precise and to the point. That's before a conversation to get things resolved where I couldn't control my outburst. Because it unsettles me and makes me sad. Then I can move forward again. When I try to discuss the situation I keep it light. Do not want to feel pain. I want things to be on the same level and harmonious as before and we do not need to delve deep, no need to dwell on the negatives. And let's forget about it. I will acknowledge my errors and empathise, even when I sometimes know I do this more then I should. I think the above is my 7 tritype. I think 4 is not the other tritype as I do not feel envious. It's not a passion or drive so to speak. Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Have you ever taken the enneacards test on enneagram.net? It will help you identify your heart center, or at least give you somewhere to start.

From what you've described above I would guess you had 2 in the heart center, with two positive outlook types (2 and 7) and the 9 there is a need to keep things positive, a driving need almost or else it is unbearable. The criticality and bottling up phenomena could be due to the 9 in charge, and the 1 wing, as well as the social subtype who all are prone to a sort of indignant, critical anger.

Here's what Katherine wrote:

If you are a 279, you are caring, innovative and accepting. You want to be helpful, upbeat and peaceful. You are very kind and tend to see the best in others, focusing on easy and comfortable ways of relating. You hate conflict and/or strife and use your sense of humor to smooth out difficulties.

Your life mission is to create and promote smooth and harmonic ways to handle conflict. A true peacemaker, you are happiest when you can ease tension and help others get along with one another.

You can be so identified with keeping life free of conflict and negativity that you may turn a blind eye to conflicts that need to be managed as opportunities for change.

*Most optimistic tritypes-279, 729, 927
279...positive

This tritype [927] is the most identified with seeing themselves as peaceful. More than any other tritype, they need peace and positive relating to experience a sense of being... so are extremely uncomfortable with negativity in relationships. The 479 doesn't like it but expects it. It also brings the 937 tritype which is the true ambassador of goodwill.

If you have the sexual instinct as dominant you could easily identify with 974. The 972 is less ethereal and more focused on being positive. The 974 knows that they feel unhappy, they are more inclined to hide so that they will not be rejected for being negative.

The super positive types 279 and 379, report that they try to get thru grief as quickly as possible, especially if self-pres.

Yes, there is more than one positive Tritype. The super positive Tritypes are the 279, the 379. The 279 is a the Tritype that wants comfortable, easy relating. The 2 brings a greater emphasis on people.This is the 2ish caring, people oriented 7 or 9. The 379 is even more upbeat and positive. The 3 brings more of an emphasis on achievements. For example this is the professional, 3ish 9 or 7.

All of the 79 combinations are somewhat positive. The 279 is focused on being pleasant. The 379 the most positive. The 479 Is positive outwardly but doesn't always feel it.

2-7-9 - The Positivist

Characterized by unbridled optimism. They don't allow anything to get them down, and they love to enjoy themselves by surrounding themselves with great company and fun atmospheres. They may be a bit unrealistic however.

a person could be the 927 or "The Peacemaker" Tritype, and after utilizing the dominant Type 9 strategies the person may move to their lines of connection (Type 3 and Type 7) as well as to their possible wings (Type 1 and Type 8). However, if these connections are not effective for the person, they may move to Type 2 and become more helpful, effusive and relational, and then move subsequently to Type 7 to utilize positive reframing, escapism or future planning in order to achieve desirable results.

From what you've described above I would guess you had 2 in the heart center, with two positive outlook types (2 and 7) and the 9 there is a need to keep things positive, a driving need almost or else it is unbearable. The criticality and bottling up phenomena could be due to the 9 in charge, and the 1 wing, as well as the social subtype who all are prone to a sort of indignant, critical anger.

Trying to keep a positive outlook at all times. (9-2-7)

2-9s - They avoid admitting that they have a (completely) negative image (and avoid anything that may lead to such a state). They're ultimate fear is that they have a completely "black" image and are unable to escape it. They enter a strong state of denial when this occurs. This isn't necessarily because of the Two side, but much rather because the 9 side can't handle such a reality and thus this kind of Two is more likely to withdraw into a more "positive" perspective of themselves. It's much nicer and much more comforting that way.

http://personalitycafe.com/enneagra...ype-archetype-descriptions-2.html#post1808375

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, that's how my mom is (she says that shit all the time -- it's annoying), and she's an ESFJ 2w3.

My boss is cool with ME being weird. There is also very little structure imposed in our atmosphere. I get away with all kinds of stuff.

She loves pondering strange ideas also, especially religious ones. Her sense of aesthetics & propriety is just kind of conservative. But she generally seems more NF-y than SJ.

My grandma is ESFJ 2w3 and much more typically ESFJ & SJ in temperament, but she's an older generation also...

Could you go into a little more detail about this?

As far as real world behavioral patterns which indicate function preferences, I find this almost more useful than P/J stuff:

http://www.bestfittype.com/models/interactionstyles.cfm

This is also why I think some ESFJs mistype as ENFPs....

My boss is very "get things going".

As good a way as typing someone as I've ever heard...

:harhar:

If you had any idea how much I weird out potential employers on interviews.... Maybe my boss is not THAT adverse to strangeness after all.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What differentiates Fi-motivated 2s from Fe-motivated 2s?

I remember laughing at something [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] wrote about this, because it was true, but I don't remember where it was.

Something about Fe types getting all manipulative & spiteful when not given the affection/attention they crave & Fi types just whining about it.

I'll have to think a bit more about this, but I had a 2w3 ESFP friend also & she could look quite Fe-ish in ways but the distinction was still there...

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My boss is cool with ME being weird. There is also very little structure imposed in our atmosphere. I get away with all kinds of stuff.

She loves pondering strange ideas also, especially religious ones. Her sense of aesthetics & propriety is just kind of conservative. But she generally seems more NF-y than SJ.

My grandma is ESFJ 2w3 and much more typically ESFJ & SJ in temperament, but she's an older generation also...

As far as real world behavioral patterns which indicate function preferences, I find this almost more useful than P/J stuff:

http://www.bestfittype.com/models/interactionstyles.cfm

This is also why I think some ESFJs mistype as ENFPs....

My boss is very "get things going".

If you had any idea how much I weird out potential employers on interviews.... Maybe my boss is not THAT adverse to strangeness after all.

This was interesting! I still got ENFP, although I had a tough time choosing between two of them. My second choice ended up being ENTP (that's consistent with my percentages on the MBTI too). I love to hear you talk about employment the way that you do! I always have had a fear that I have to hide who I really am so employers things I'm more "together" than I am. Very inspiring. May I ask what kind of work you do?