User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Default Spacing out and having no idea what I'm thinking

I was just driving home and realized that I had been completely spacing out for the last few miles (had no idea what cars I'd past or what songs had played) but I also couldn't remember what I had been thinking about, like when you wake up and can't remember what you were dreaming about (and no, I didn't fall asleep at the wheel). I'm wondering if this is a type 9 thing, INTP thing, or just a me thing. This ever happen to any of you?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I do this often. I'll black out and wake up on the other side of the street. Sometimes I stare and do the same thing and come back with a sense of just waking.
    I N V I C T U S

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yup, quite often. Especially if I'm walking around somewhere my mind will just go off on some weird tangent. I usually get to where I meant to be but don't always remember the actual process of getting there. Another strange one for me is at work, if I get distracted right after talking to someone I'll have a feeling of "hmmm, I think I just talked to someone but have no idea who it was, or what I said".
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Happens to me all the time too. ENFP and 9 is in my tritype. I thought maybe it was an extrovert problem, like if you didn't say the thoughts out loud, they're at risk for being lost almost immediately. I sometimes wish I could know what I was thinking about in those little zone outs because I bet I'd benefit from thinking those things more concretely. Maybe Fi
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Happens to me all the time too. ENFP and 9 is in my tritype. I thought maybe it was an extrovert problem, like if you didn't say the thoughts out loud, they're at risk for being lost almost immediately. I sometimes wish I could know what I was thinking about in those little zone outs because I bet I'd benefit from thinking those things more concretely. Maybe Fi
    I am an ENFP 7w6>4w3>9w1 So/Sp, and I always thought it was an xNxP thing…
    Sometimes you just start following random thoughts and then forget everything you were doing and thinking…

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    I am an ENFP 7w6>4w3>9w1 So/Sp, and I always thought it was an xNxP thing…
    Sometimes you just start following random thoughts and then forget everything you were doing and thinking…

WALMART

It's a rational function thing, and probably of the introverted variant - Ti/Fi

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
    I was just driving home and realized that I had been completely spacing out for the last few miles (had no idea what cars I'd past or what songs had played) but I also couldn't remember what I had been thinking about, like when you wake up and can't remember what you were dreaming about (and no, I didn't fall asleep at the wheel). I'm wondering if this is a type 9 thing, INTP thing, or just a me thing. This ever happen to any of you?
    What you experience is a parietal lobe thing. Happens to me too. You'd think being an Se dom would make me very attentive. I actually have the world's worst selective hearing, and when I'm zoned out, I think the ideas that pop into my head are my own. They're usually other peoples' ideas.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I'm a 4w5. Not influenced by 9 much. This happens to me all the time. I get lost in thought and then suddenly come back to reality without knowing what happened to me since I left. If someone offered me a penny for my thoughts, they'd get to keep it--I've generally got no idea what was so interesting it took over my capacity to perceive reality. I live in a cloud of ether.

I assumed this was an iNtuitive thing more than anything else, but given that two people have already spoken about Ti/Fi and Se, it may simply be a human thing.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    What you experience is a parietal lobe thing. Happens to me too. You'd think being an Se dom would make me very attentive. I actually have the world's worst selective hearing, and when I'm zoned out, I think the ideas that pop into my head are my own. They're usually other peoples' ideas.
    Parietal lobe?!?
    Are you saying I'm brain damaged?
    How do I cure it?
    It's caused me so many problems in the past…