User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Thus far, some of my closest relationships (friends or otherwise) have been with 5s, 7s, 8s and 1s. Socionics intertype also seems to play a large role here. The biggest attraction factor thus is easily Fi though.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I feel that way about 8s and to lesser extend 3's. The cut throat drive both have is something I lack and admire. Meanwhile they seem to like me smoothing their edges with others.

That same cut throat drive is often accompanied by an intensely brutal honesty which is a breath of fresh air to me. It gives me permission to be off the diplomacy clock, let the reigns out a bit and match them on a level playing field. If everything goes well, firework usually ensues.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    check out EJArendee on youtube.
    Yeah, I can definitely see the Eight in you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I feel that way about 8s and to lesser extend 3's. The cut throat drive both have is something I lack and admire. Meanwhile they seem to like me smoothing their edges with others.

That same cut throat drive is often accompanied by an intensely brutal honesty which is a breath of fresh air to me. It gives me permission to be off the diplomacy clock, let the reigns out a bit and match them on a level playing field. If everything goes well, firework usually ensues.
    I felt that way about a 3-8-7, and I thought it was the Three in him. I later realized that I don't feel that way about other Threes; it's only been when they have Eight in them. It would be kind of dry otherwise. Eight as their first type, especially if they are an extrovert, can be a little overwhelming for me. I don't get intimidated that easily but that combo can do it to me.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    I felt that way about a 3-8-7, and I thought it was the Three in him. I later realized that I don't feel that way about other Threes; it's only been when they have Eight in them. It would be kind of dry otherwise. Eight as their first type, especially if they are an extrovert, can be a little overwhelming for me. I don't get intimidated that easily but that combo can do it to me.
    I have a 3-5-8 at home and I concur. I like the 8 first as well, though that is a lot more in your face, agreed. Personally, I relish a challenge like that, though I'll admit that I'm not sure how sustainable that kind of combustable personality would be long-term with me. In another life, I would love to find out
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I need an unstable relationship and a sparring partner. But that's just because I'm an ESTP. If you find an E8 ESTJ, they'll be much more committed to settling down.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

From my post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post

I think there are three categories for me.

The first is guys that hold no interest for me whatsoever. That covers 2s and 5s.

The second is guys who I like the idea of, but for whatever reason couldn't actually take the plunge with (aka 1s, 7s and 8s).

Then the third category is that of men that actually tend to draw me. The majority of them have been along the 3,6,9 triangle. My most significant relationships have been with those three types, and I will probably continue to bounce along it until I end up married to one.

4s are in a special category of individuals who I find myself elementally attracted to, but have never seemed to be able to make it work with romantically. That said, I wouldn't be opposed to a couple of more go rounds with that particular type.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I have a 3-5-8 at home and I concur. I like the 8 first as well, though that is a lot more in your face, agreed. Personally, I relish a challenge like that, though I'll admit that I'm not sure how sustainable that kind of combustable personality would be long-term with me. In another life, I would love to find out

I crave the combustion.

And what is a reputation comment or something like that? Sorry to ask here, but I have trouble figuring this out.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Newbyagain View Post
    I know regardless of what people say there is one answer to this. I know my whole life I have always walked around saying I only want a man with a temper. It wasn't until I got older that I realized this was an Enneagram 8. I have this amazing chemistry with them. I feel like when we meet, I have met my match; the missing part of me is complete. So I am wondering if this makes me Eight-ish or Nine-ish, maybe even One-ish? I know there is one answer to this question because it's such a mutual chemistry. Which type do you feel this with?

I know in the compatibility charts, it seems like the Eight and Nine have a good chemistry the way it is described, but that doesn't quite make sense to me, because I would feel like Eights would see them as less passionate. At the same time, I felt like when I am around these Eights, I feel like I bring the softer side of things, yet strength, but the softer side of me may just be because I am an INFJ. I dated this ESTP Eight and we were a match made in Heaven, he was like the doer, protective, provider, and I brought the ideas, imagination, and nurturing to everything, plus I felt strong with him. In some ways I felt like I taught him confidence and strength though, I could tell he admired it in me.

What is this chemistry I am describing?

I know there are other types that an Eight would like, but I am talking about this feeling of them being my absolute, exact other half. Like we were puzzle pieces who found each other.

There are other types that I could sort of like, but I would never have this full-blown chemistry unless Eight is somewhere in their type. I feel like we are the ultimate power couple together.
    In Molina's system, 4s are 4EI and 8s are 8IE.

That means 4s are from the Extrinsic center, and are the Intrinsic manifestation of that center.

Conversely, 8s are from the Instrinsic center, and are the Extrinsic manifestation within that center.

So yes, the two types are very much, in a sense, opposite sides of the same coin.

I think this explains the oft-mentioned chemistry between the two.

Other similar pairings:

1s and 5s
    2s and 7s

I don't know if similar such chemistry exists between those pairings.

I have heard of 1s and 5s getting along, I think, but not 2s and 7s.

I also guess there's a distinguishing factor for 4s and 8s here, in that they're the only ones who have both the Intrinsic and Extrinsic value dimensions within their makeup -- 1IS and 5SI, and 2ES and 7SE, all have the Systemic paired with either the Intrinsic or Extrinsic -- and I could see the complete opposition of value realms (i.e., Intrinsic vs Extrinsic) creating a more polarized, volatile, combustible dynamic/energy/tension between 4s and 8s than any other pairing.

Which makes sense right?

Cuz when I imagine 8s and 4s, I do imagine, essentially, the stuff of romance novels: sparks, chemistry, insane passion.

And I imagine it more with that pairing than with any other.

(Which, once again, in terms of what I've written on here about sexual polarity [basically just explaining David Deida's {and, by extension, much mythological/religious/spiritual teaching throughout history} teachings], would make sense.)

Sexual chemistry is fueled by masculine-feminine polarity, and, well, 8s are probably the most masculine type, and 4s the most feminine type.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I want to understand what that means @Zarathustra

impregnate me with your knowledge.