User Tag List

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Default Are we what we do?

Intrinsically, inside, is a person more than their actions/what they have to show for themselves?

Your thoughts as image triad-ers or just as human beings. I'll be back to explore what comes up.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I have some thoughts already.

I think there is certainly a person in there, with unlimited depth and imagination, but if you can't show something to prove that that inner richness is there, that begs the question of the tree falling in the forest with no one around. That midset motivates taking action to solve problems and work on things, but also is crippling when things aren't going so well.

For instance, if it's a tough time at work, I think I am my performance out there, and when I get home, find it hard to work on hobbies and private dreams, or even to listen to music because it doesn't feel authentic to "real life". Which isn't rational at all, now that I look back on that sentence, but that is how it feels out at the moment. Semiconscious ego shiz, maybe? It's a good thing to question. After all, this is enneagram.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Intrinsically, inside, is a person more than their actions/what they have to show for themselves?
    Yes, we are more than our actions and accomplishments. We are just as much the motivations, values, and experiences that fuel those actions. Without these, there would be no actions.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Yes, we are more than our actions and accomplishments. We are just as much the motivations, values, and experiences that fuel those actions. Without these, there would be no actions.
    That's not the first time I've been reminded of that, and it always is balancing. What do you think of motivations and values that are held internally but are not expressed in action, or are contradicted by a person's actions? That is, when someone isn't being authentic, whether it's out of fear, hunger or another barrier?
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff

Stansmith

I don't know my type, but I have the habit of believing that value and specialness is earned and not something you're born with. Until I've done something of importance, I'm nothing more than a clean canvas.