• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] Any other 8's have difficulty working boring jobs?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I get bored. Hard.

When I'm bored at work, my bosses just get horribly horribly offended. The word used was "Lackadaisical".

For this reason I've been fired from most of my jobs. For me, there is no in-between. I'm not even allowed to be bored when I'm working in an office. I still get harassed by the boss who gives me busy work. Its as if my boredom is infectious and just ruins peoples' lives or something. I have been forced into entrepreneurdom, and working construction jobs where its damn near impossible to get fired.

Any other 8's have this issue? Or is this just my 7 wing?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I find that the busier I am at a job, the less bored I get, but even then it starts to get to be routine. I find I have to actively shake it up by volunteering to work different areas to cover for no-shows, or by looking around for other work in the area.. Or, panic and go overseas. :D

Norqs

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only had a couple of boring jobs when i first started working. But found jobs I liked at least on the whole. Then started my own business... and

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
You are an ESTP type 8w7. You remind me of the prevalent archetype of ESTP that is bravado and gets bored easily. I imagine you get bored being a cashier or a stocker. Most entry levels jobs are not interesting. You made the right choice to work in manual labor whereas you won't get bored because you'll move around.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think what one 8 finds boring isn't the case for another. I'm certain some 8's would find what I do boring (clinical data analysis). But as an INTJ, I like it very much, as I have all my health information positions. I can't imagine doing manual labor - that I would find boring.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an 8 wing. I drive my dad nuts because i will pace looking for something to do. As long as i am moving and doing i dont get bored. I just enjoy physical no matter what. Jobs usually takes me years to get bored at, once i master them and am more like the best of the best i get bored and very distracted. I worked atbdiscount tire and i was one of those people in the back room flipping, tossing, putting on a show while i worked. They eventually made a rule against it because other people would get hurt so i got bored and quit.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Also an 8w7.

I have had one job that I really loved even though it left me permanently injured. If they'd let me, I'd keep doing until I could no longer move

Every job since then has been boring, soul-crushing, demeaning ( probably guilty if several human-rights violations) and caused severe physical pain and injury.

Still, I'd never allow myself to slack off to the point if being fired. That's just irrisponsible-and I needed the paycheck.
...wait, this guy was banned a while ago ( guess his shutty attitude was infecteous after all!)

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I work as a receptionist, I study too.

Tedious as hell, all my day consists of doing nothing and waiting to check in customers. I am going to leave it for teaching in which I can be much more efficient or competent, or translating.

I am basically doing nothing the whole day and 6 days of my week is consumed by this activity.

I'll need to quit the job for this is my senior year and there can be no loose ends, I am to get that diploma. I can't risk my graduation for doing nothing and getting a paycheck.