User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Any other 8's have difficulty working boring jobs?

I get bored. Hard.

When I'm bored at work, my bosses just get horribly horribly offended. The word used was "Lackadaisical".

For this reason I've been fired from most of my jobs. For me, there is no in-between. I'm not even allowed to be bored when I'm working in an office. I still get harassed by the boss who gives me busy work. Its as if my boredom is infectious and just ruins peoples' lives or something. I have been forced into entrepreneurdom, and working construction jobs where its damn near impossible to get fired.

Any other 8's have this issue? Or is this just my 7 wing?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I find that the busier I am at a job, the less bored I get, but even then it starts to get to be routine. I find I have to actively shake it up by volunteering to work different areas to cover for no-shows, or by looking around for other work in the area.. Or, panic and go overseas.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

I've only had a couple of boring jobs when i first started working. But found jobs I liked at least on the whole. Then started my own business... and

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

You are an ESTP type 8w7. You remind me of the prevalent archetype of ESTP that is bravado and gets bored easily. I imagine you get bored being a cashier or a stocker. Most entry levels jobs are not interesting. You made the right choice to work in manual labor whereas you won't get bored because you'll move around.
    5w4,4w5,1

The Researcher

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I think what one 8 finds boring isn't the case for another. I'm certain some 8's would find what I do boring (clinical data analysis). But as an INTJ, I like it very much, as I have all my health information positions. I can't imagine doing manual labor - that I would find boring.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    STP

I have an 8 wing. I drive my dad nuts because i will pace looking for something to do. As long as i am moving and doing i dont get bored. I just enjoy physical no matter what. Jobs usually takes me years to get bored at, once i master them and am more like the best of the best i get bored and very distracted. I worked atbdiscount tire and i was one of those people in the back room flipping, tossing, putting on a show while i worked. They eventually made a rule against it because other people would get hurt so i got bored and quit.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Also an 8w7.

I have had one job that I really loved even though it left me permanently injured. If they'd let me, I'd keep doing until I could no longer move

Every job since then has been boring, soul-crushing, demeaning ( probably guilty if several human-rights violations) and caused severe physical pain and injury.

Still, I'd never allow myself to slack off to the point if being fired. That's just irrisponsible-and I needed the paycheck.
    ...wait, this guy was banned a while ago ( guess his shutty attitude was infecteous after all!)

Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

I work as a receptionist, I study too.

Tedious as hell, all my day consists of doing nothing and waiting to check in customers. I am going to leave it for teaching in which I can be much more efficient or competent, or translating.

I am basically doing nothing the whole day and 6 days of my week is consumed by this activity.

I'll need to quit the job for this is my senior year and there can be no loose ends, I am to get that diploma. I can't risk my graduation for doing nothing and getting a paycheck.
    Mercifulness is not a trait that the weak can possess. The world is full of idiots who like to think that they are merciful in order to forget that they actually are weak.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post