• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Why I Hate 5w4s!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why are you altering my words when you quote me?

And you're making a character/personality analysis based solely on my activity in this forum. 262 posts on one internet forum is a miniscule portion of the social activity and intellectual discussions I've partaken in throughout my 32 years. With all due respect, I understand why you might jump to this conclusion based on just what you've seen in this forum but you've never met me or been in a real life conversation with me so you don't have much frame of reference or information to go on.

It was a mistake. I didn't mean for that to be the quote. My apologies. It's just me not being detail-oriented. It's nothing more than that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My apologies if I overreacted. I fixed mine as well.

:fistbump:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My apologies if I overreacted. I fixed mine as well.

:fistbump:

I do that sometimes, too. No big deal.

I haven't seen you use behave arrogantly here to the extent that it would annoy me, though. I guess that's a more accurate way to express that.

NKC

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. They're too dang touchy-feely and go with what fits their own internal aesthetic model rather than constructing theories from the facts and the inspirations reasoning with its external reality present us with!
2. Uber-emotional people who withdraw from the world because they seek their own inner idealism rather than confronting the outside challenges are weak and will never work to accomplish the great and the impossible!
3. The elegant solution full of subjective rubbish is vastly inferior to the well-developed system of ultimate objectivity!

whoa. that's some serious hostility there. have you thought about just not caring about people you hate?

my apologies if this is perceived as a troll post. It's not. I'm kinda serious. so some people are "uber" emotional. who cares?

I don't get it. If you don't like vanilla ice-cream. eat chocolate. if you don't like chocolate. get chocolate mint.

this thread is weird. I'm gonna assume it's a troll thread to be silly. :tongue:

I

Infinite Bubble

The OP makes extremely valid points and I agree with them all.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really not. I wasn;t getting upset I was just pointing something out.
but thanks for projecting, please play again

not sure why I read your last post that way (it didn't come across as sensitive at all reading it this time).
sorry about that

anyway, I'm kind of the opposite. I prefer slandering groups because you can isolate the clear, overlapping tendencies of those within the group. individuals are more complicated than groups, so, if I am going to judge an individual, I tend to at least wait until I have lots of information on them.

to give an example, fat people tend to be fat because they're lazy and have shitty exercise habits.
however, on an individual level I try not to judge because they could be fat for any number of less common reasons
- maybe they can only afford nutrient poor food
- maybe they have a thyroid problem
- perhaps a medical problem is keeping them from exercising regularly

or maybe they're working really hard to lose weight and I don't know about it.

also, in the case of the enneagram, an enneagram type is not a person, but a psychological disposition similar to a psychosis (obviously, it's less severe in the majority of instances, but it functions in a similar manner), so it's much easier for me to criticize something I can objectively understand than a person who has all kinds of subjective nuances, contradictions and layers that I'm never going to be aware of.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
not sure why I read your last post that way (it didn't come across as sensitive at all reading it this time).
sorry about that

anyway, I'm kind of the opposite. I prefer slandering groups because you can isolate the clear, overlapping tendencies of those within the group. individuals are more complicated than groups, so, if I am going to judge an individual, I tend to at least wait until I have lots of information on them.

to give an example, fat people tend to be fat because they're lazy and have shitty exercise habits.
however, on an individual level I try not to judge because they could be fat for any number of less common reasons
- maybe they can only afford nutrient poor food
- maybe they have a thyroid problem
- perhaps a medical problem is keeping them from exercising regularly

or maybe they're working really hard to lose weight and I don't know about it.

also, in the case of the enneagram, an enneagram type is not a person, but a psychological disposition similar to a psychosis (obviously, it's less severe in the majority of instances, but it functions in a similar manner), so it's much easier for me to criticize something I can objectively understand than a person who has all kinds of subjective nuances, contradictions and layers that I'm never going to be aware of.
makes sense

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
that doesn't seem like a 5w4 at all to me. to me they've always been more... 5-ish, emotionally distant, needs a lot of time alone. maybe depends on other things.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly [MENTION=20005]Noll[/MENTION] . Most 5w4s are hardly emo. 4 isn't their main type, it's a modifier of the core which is type 5. Sounds to me like you may be referring specifically to an NF type 5. People's enneagrams and MBTIs can sometimes be in conflict, after all.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find ego types in general fairly wimpy/lacking backbone (with a few exceptions. some 4w3s like [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] are much more saucy and pack a punch)

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I find ego types in general fairly wimpy/lacking backbone (with a few exceptions. some 4w3s like [MENTION=17911]Animal[/MENTION] are much more saucy and pack a punch)

xa70_zpsf86defb0.jpg

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] Are 5w4s ego types? I'm not as familiar with enneagram terminology as I should be. If so, I don't see it. I think I have a backbone, and I've found most of my fellow rationals (the main group of type 5s) to be the same way. INTPs can appear outwardly wimpy, but attack one of their logical constructs, and you're dead. INTJs are the same way with their perspectives. I've never heard anybody say INTJs seemed wimpy at all before; more often, they're seen as unflinching stoics, which is hardly associated with "emoness," lack of backbone or "wimpiness."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] Are 5w4s ego types? I'm not as familiar with enneagram terminology as I should be. If so, I don't see it. I think I have a backbone, and I've found most of my fellow rationals (the main group of type 5s) to be the same way. INTPs can appear outwardly wimpy, but attack one of their logical constructs, and you're dead. INTJs are the same way with their perspectives. I've never heard anybody say INTJs seemed wimpy at all before; more often, they're seen as unflinching stoics, which is hardly associated with "emoness," lack of backbone or "wimpiness."

ego types: 4, 5, 9
superego types: 1, 2, 6
id types: 3, 7, 8

B

brainheart

We're strong internally, where it counts. We just don't feel the need to show off.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're strong internally, where it counts. We just don't feel the need to show off.

I haven't noticed this. whether one feels the need to show it off or not, it's easy to tell someone who is strong

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I haven't noticed this. whether one feels the need to show it off or not, it's easy to tell someone who is strong

B

brainheart

[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], guess it depends on how you define strong. Maybe our terms are different.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], guess it depends on how you define strong. Maybe our terms are different.

it's possible. I define strength as resilience, backbone and an ability to persevere in the face of adversity.

B

brainheart

it's possible. I define strength as resilience, backbone and an ability to persevere in the face of adversity.

I would say I'm extremely resilient and I definitely have a backbone. Persevering in the face of adversity can be difficult, I admit. I think withdrawn types have incubation periods (I do anyway). We retract into ourselves and I suppose to more assertive types it looks like we're not doing anything which could be interpreted as retreating. But there is a whole lot of internal activity. There's a reason the phrase 'still waters run deep' applies to withdrawn types. People see so little of what's going on that there is much misinterpretation.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say I'm extremely resilient and I definitely have a backbone. Persevering in the face of adversity can be difficult, I admit. I think withdrawn types have incubation periods (I do anyway). We retract into ourselves and I suppose to more assertive types it looks like we're not doing anything which could be interpreted as retreating. But there is a whole lot of internal activity. There's a reason the phrase 'still waters run deep' applies to withdrawn types. People see so little of what's going on that there is much misinterpretation.
good point.