• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 5] Why I Hate 5w4s!

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Oh, hate is such an energy drainer. Perhaps it should be saved for something truly worthy of it, like intestinal worms or something along those lines.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, hate is such an energy drainer. Perhaps it should be saved for something truly worthy of it, like intestinal worms or something along those lines.

Don't take this thread too seriously. After all, Einstein was a 5w4, and how can you hate such a revolutionary mind!?

Starry

These kind of 'Hate' threads were numerous in TypoC's past and could be found on nearly every aspect of personality theory. Every once in a while you will see an older one of these resurrected. While I have not put any thought into how appropriate or inappropriate I personally feel the use of this title is... I do feel comfortable saying that the titles in these cases were not intended to be hurtful or offensive...but rather purposely exaggerated...basically poking fun in a way at what usually ends up being fairly benign content on the inside.

More and more I have noticed a shift in how seriously forum members take these kinds of things and perhaps that should be taken into more consideration...but while I can't speak for the OP (honestly...being the scattered person I am I totally thought this was an old thread brought back to life)...I can at least say they were not intended to offend. I even have one of the largest/longest ones going bookmarked...the 'Hate an e7? Tell us why!' thread.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait wait so the thread is serious?
<--- note enneagram type
Huh, what -- I thought this was in Fluff! :unsure:

Fuck it, I don't care. I'm changing my etype.

We should all change it to 5w6.

Then the forum will flip upside down because of the type imbalance, everyone will die, and it will all be [MENTION=15371]Poimandres[/MENTION]' fault.
And he will have to live with that for the rest of his life.
(Until he exterminates himself, drowning in nihilistic anguish.)

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Don't take this thread too seriously. After all, Einstein was a 5w4, and how can you hate such a revolutionary mind!?

haha...don't worry, I'm not. My statement should have been made with an impish wink;)

Thanks, Starry. It's hard to be playful with just written words because I don't know how to do proper voice inflections. I know he really doesn't hate anyone based on a test. Imagine a playful taunt and let me try again, "Oh, [sounding sound and pouty but obviously not really meaning it] hate is SUCH an energy drainer..." That's better. I think. It kind of has the hippie chick quality now.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ :yes:

Personally I find those downsides easier for me to deal with than some other types' :)

And of course it varies from person to person.

Standuble

I think many are mistyped 5w6s. I turn my attention to the member, concentrate and find myself asking "where's your fourskin?"

Trouble

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I don't talk in the movie theatre and I clean up real nice. Oh and I don't spit my used bubblegum onto the sidewalk. See? I have some pluses.

A

Anew Leaf

5w4's are hands down my favorite etype to be friends with. Such glorious win in this combo with a secret delicious core of beauty and poetry of the soul just waiting to burst forth into secret song if you hide in the copse of trees by the side of the road to observe them in their most glorious of elements.

Some of the best this site has to offer: [MENTION=6465]thealchemist[/MENTION], [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION], and [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION].

So if others don't want this type, awesome, because I hate to share and I shall take ALL THE 5w4s!

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
5w4's are hands down my favorite etype to be friends with. Such glorious win in this combo with a secret delicious core of beauty and poetry of the soul just waiting to burst forth into secret song if you hide in the copse of trees by the side of the road to observe them in their most glorious of elements.

Some of the best this site has to offer: [MENTION=6465]thealchemist[/MENTION], [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION], and [MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION].

So if others don't want this type, awesome, because I hate to share and I shall take ALL THE 5w4s!

:worthy:

I'm not worrrrthhhyyy, myyy queeeeen.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gah!! How could I have forgotten thee?!? [MENTION=13112]Stigmata[/MENTION], I choose you pikachu!!

Pikachu is clearly more like a weak and dreamy 5w4, and it's advanced form, Raichu would be much more tenacious and powerful like a 5w6!
Pichu is a late addition (literally) to the trio, since of course he/she wouldn't even be worth the comparison, as a sensitive and flighty 4w5!

Pikachu__Raichu__and_Pichu_by_Auronasia.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think many are mistyped 5w6s. I turn my attention to the member, concentrate and find myself asking "where's your fourskin?"

Devout Loyalists have their removed at birth.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Torn on them. Sometimes they do this annoying "my problems are more important than yours" thing. But not all of them do that. It's just annoying, because they demand empathy and understanding from others, but don't realize that it's sort of a two-way street.

I guess I like the 5w4 based on the degree to which they they do that. Some only do that occasionally. Some don't do it at all. Some do almost nothing else.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I really love 5w4's and I can totally relate to them. Although, I feel like the understanding is not at all mutual and it's very unfortunate.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pikachu is clearly more like a weak and dreamy 5w4, and it's advanced form, Raichu would be much more tenacious and powerful like a 5w6!
Pichu is a late addition (literally) to the trio, since of course he/she wouldn't even be worth the comparison, as a sensitive and flighty 4w5!

Pikachu__Raichu__and_Pichu_by_Auronasia.jpg

I'm pretty sure Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu wouldn't be connected to 5 or 4 at all unless it was integration/disintegration points. From what I've seen of them in the anime where they actually have personalities Pichu seems more 7, Pikachu seems more 2, and Raichu seems more 8.

Yes I just analyzed Pokemon. :unicorn:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just retook the test at eclecticenergies.com and scored as this, after really taking time to reexamine my life from a subjective, standing-outside-myself viewpoint. I had originally tested 4w5 sp/sx, but that result never quite seemed right for me. I've read it's quite common for 5's to mistype as 4 or 9. (The test results listed 9 as my second most likely type and 4 as 3rd most likely)

Fives are sensitive; they don't feel adequately defended against the world. To compensate for their sensitivity, Fives sometimes adopt an attitude of careless indifference or intellectual arrogance, which has the unfortunate consequence of creating distance between themselves and others.

Goddamn, if this isn't me than I don't know what is.

People of this personality type essentially fear that they don't have enough inner strength to face life, so they tend to withdraw, to retreat into the safety and security of the mind where they can mentally prepare for their emergence into the world. Fives feel comfortable and at home in the realm of thought.

Yes.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fives are sensitive; they don't feel adequately defended against the world. To compensate for their sensitivity, Fives sometimes adopt an attitude of careless indifference or intellectual arrogance,

I don't mind intellectual arrogance, as long as it can be backed up. And sometimes it has a way of actually stopping or interfering with intellectual discussion. "Guys, I'm so brilliant that I'm over this discussion. I can't really explain why, just quote someone else, but I'm over it. "

I haven't ever seen you do that, though. I think it's more of an INTP/INTJ inferior Fe/Se thing.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't ever seen you do that, though. I think it's more of an INTP/INTJ inferior Fe/Se thing.

262 posts on one internet forum is a miniscule portion of the social activity and intellectual discussions I've partaken in throughout my 32 years. With all due respect, I understand why you might jump to this conclusion based on just what you've seen in this forum but you've never met me or been in a real life conversation with me so you don't have much frame of reference or information to go on.

Also, people sometimes have a tendency to behave differently online than in the offline world. When I said I did something which you quoted and altered to say something else, I was referring to my behavior in the offline world, not in this forum.