First 34567 Last

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Why are you altering my words when you quote me?

And you're making a character/personality analysis based solely on my activity in this forum. 262 posts on one internet forum is a miniscule portion of the social activity and intellectual discussions I've partaken in throughout my 32 years. With all due respect, I understand why you might jump to this conclusion based on just what you've seen in this forum but you've never met me or been in a real life conversation with me so you don't have much frame of reference or information to go on.
    It was a mistake. I didn't mean for that to be the quote. My apologies. It's just me not being detail-oriented. It's nothing more than that.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

My apologies if I overreacted. I fixed mine as well.

:fistbump:

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    My apologies if I overreacted. I fixed mine as well.

:fistbump:
    I do that sometimes, too. No big deal.

I haven't seen you use behave arrogantly here to the extent that it would annoy me, though. I guess that's a more accurate way to express that.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    258 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    1. They're too dang touchy-feely and go with what fits their own internal aesthetic model rather than constructing theories from the facts and the inspirations reasoning with its external reality present us with!
    2. Uber-emotional people who withdraw from the world because they seek their own inner idealism rather than confronting the outside challenges are weak and will never work to accomplish the great and the impossible!
    3. The elegant solution full of subjective rubbish is vastly inferior to the well-developed system of ultimate objectivity!
    whoa. that's some serious hostility there. have you thought about just not caring about people you hate?

my apologies if this is perceived as a troll post. It's not. I'm kinda serious. so some people are "uber" emotional. who cares?

I don't get it. If you don't like vanilla ice-cream. eat chocolate. if you don't like chocolate. get chocolate mint.

this thread is weird. I'm gonna assume it's a troll thread to be silly.
    There'd be no method if there were no madness ...

Infinite Bubble

The OP makes extremely valid points and I agree with them all.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I'm really not. I wasn;t getting upset I was just pointing something out.
    but thanks for projecting, please play again
    not sure why I read your last post that way (it didn't come across as sensitive at all reading it this time).
    sorry about that

anyway, I'm kind of the opposite. I prefer slandering groups because you can isolate the clear, overlapping tendencies of those within the group. individuals are more complicated than groups, so, if I am going to judge an individual, I tend to at least wait until I have lots of information on them.

to give an example, fat people tend to be fat because they're lazy and have shitty exercise habits.
    however, on an individual level I try not to judge because they could be fat for any number of less common reasons
    - maybe they can only afford nutrient poor food
    - maybe they have a thyroid problem
    - perhaps a medical problem is keeping them from exercising regularly

or maybe they're working really hard to lose weight and I don't know about it.

also, in the case of the enneagram, an enneagram type is not a person, but a psychological disposition similar to a psychosis (obviously, it's less severe in the majority of instances, but it functions in a similar manner), so it's much easier for me to criticize something I can objectively understand than a person who has all kinds of subjective nuances, contradictions and layers that I'm never going to be aware of.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    not sure why I read your last post that way (it didn't come across as sensitive at all reading it this time).
    sorry about that

anyway, I'm kind of the opposite. I prefer slandering groups because you can isolate the clear, overlapping tendencies of those within the group. individuals are more complicated than groups, so, if I am going to judge an individual, I tend to at least wait until I have lots of information on them.

to give an example, fat people tend to be fat because they're lazy and have shitty exercise habits.
    however, on an individual level I try not to judge because they could be fat for any number of less common reasons
    - maybe they can only afford nutrient poor food
    - maybe they have a thyroid problem
    - perhaps a medical problem is keeping them from exercising regularly

or maybe they're working really hard to lose weight and I don't know about it.

also, in the case of the enneagram, an enneagram type is not a person, but a psychological disposition similar to a psychosis (obviously, it's less severe in the majority of instances, but it functions in a similar manner), so it's much easier for me to criticize something I can objectively understand than a person who has all kinds of subjective nuances, contradictions and layers that I'm never going to be aware of.
    makes sense

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Ne

that doesn't seem like a 5w4 at all to me. to me they've always been more... 5-ish, emotionally distant, needs a lot of time alone. maybe depends on other things.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Exactly @Noll . Most 5w4s are hardly emo. 4 isn't their main type, it's a modifier of the core which is type 5. Sounds to me like you may be referring specifically to an NF type 5. People's enneagrams and MBTIs can sometimes be in conflict, after all.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

I find ego types in general fairly wimpy/lacking backbone (with a few exceptions. some 4w3s like @Animal are much more saucy and pack a punch)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire