User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 30

  1. #1
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default Is 7w6 always a head type?

    I often question whether 7w6 is always a head type. I've noticed that the ENTP 7w6's almost always relate to the classic head type description of being constantly in their heads: always thinking, analyzing, strategizing, critiquing, etc. However, I'm starting to notice that not all the 7w6's that I meet are actually like this. In fact, many of the ENFP and especially the ESFP 7w6's that I meet don't tend to be as caught up in their heads as the ENTP 7w6's. So my question is, "Does 7w6 always have to be a head type"?

  2. #2
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    I certainly don't feel like a "head type."

    I just know I want to see more of your avatar.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  3. #3
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i know that i'm constantly in my head thinking, analyzing etc but someone sitting with me may not know that...
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #4
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    @The Great One
    to be honest, no. I feel like a much more instinctual person than most head types. typically, I have a lot more anger than anxiety
    Edit: that said, I have a reasonable amount of mental energy that I typically don't notice until I'm about to go to sleep and realize "wtf! I didn't realize my mind was moving that fast"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #5
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i know that i'm constantly in my head thinking, analyzing etc but someone sitting with me not know that...
    Yeah, this. What's happening in my own head may not be so apparent to outsiders. Unless I'm completely drained, it usually takes me over an hour to fall asleep because I keep thinking about things.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  6. #6
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i know that i'm constantly in my head thinking, analyzing etc but someone sitting with me may not know that...
    Can you go into more detail with this? I mean, are you really analyzing and if so how? Also, would you consider constantly reflecting as to how you feel about things to be analysis? I just question this because when I say I analyze I mean that I research, gather data, plan, strategize, critique, and pick things apart idealistically in order to understand them. I never stop thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    to be honest, no. I feel like a much more instinctual person than most head types. typically, I have a lot more anger than anxiety
    Edit: that said, I have a reasonable amount of mental energy that I typically don't notice until I'm about to go to sleep and realize "wtf! I didn't realize my mind was moving that fast"
    This is why I could easily see you as a core gut type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yeah, this. What's happening in my own head may not be so apparent to outsiders. Unless I'm completely drained, it usually takes me over an hour to fall asleep because I keep thinking about things.
    Can you also describe this process for me?

  7. #7
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    This is why I could easily see you as a core gut type.
    let's break this down a bit more

    core 8: not reactive enough, not amoral enough, initiating physical violence is unnatural for me
    core 1: not core superego, incredibly easy on myself
    core 9: too goddamn egotistical, I'm much too into myself and getting what I want to be a core 9
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #8
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Can you go into more detail with this? I mean, are you really analyzing and if so how? Also, would you consider constantly reflecting as to how you feel about things to be analysis? I just question this because when I say I analyze I mean that I research, gather data, plan, strategize, critique, and pick things apart idealistically in order to understand them. I never stop thinking.
    What applies to me is in bold. I'm honestly not really sure how to answer besides putting those words in bold. Are you asking to explain what's constantly going on in my head all the time? Because putting what happens in my mind into words is definitely going to be a challenge.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  9. #9
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    I have an ESFP 7w6 friend who seems very instinctual, but I see why she'd be considered a head type. You can see it in her lack of bodied-ness... Her energy is fast-paced, frenetic, volatile, pressing forward, outward. There's nothing bodied about her energy. Even 9s with their disconnection are still grounded in a way that 7s aren't. 9s may try to forget about their bodies, but 7's minds are way ahead of their bodies.

  10. #10
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I have an ESFP 7w6 friend who seems very instinctual, but I see why she'd be considered a head type. You can see it in her lack of bodied-ness... Her energy is fast-paced, frenetic, volatile, pressing forward, outward. There's nothing bodied about her energy. Even 9s with their disconnection are still grounded in a way that 7s aren't. 9s may try to forget about their bodies, but 7's minds are way ahead of their bodies.
    What does "bodied" mean in this context?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Similar Threads

  1. What Song is Stuck in Your Head?
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 953
    Last Post: 12-10-2017, 07:21 AM
  2. Someone is responsible! I want heads!
    By Kasper in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 10:34 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Ni...Is it Always right?
    By PinkIceTD in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 10:48 PM
  4. Is there a correlation between type and military enlistment?
    By Cindyrella in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 10:04 PM
  5. Poll: Is knowing your best-fit type important?
    By rivercrow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 12:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO