• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] Is 7w6 always a head type?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't our confidence isn't real (7s probably have more natural confidence than any type other than 8), but what our confidence is based on is not tangible, and this leads to what Riso and Hudson refer to as "instant expert syndrome" where we believe our general confidence translates into tangible skills which, in fact, take long hours of disciplined practice and/or experience to really get.

whaaat? hmm i don't know if i do that?? i do cut people hair even tho i was never taught how haha maybe in that way it applies but generally is doesn't seem to

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

Yeah all of those things sound very similar to what I think about throughout the day. However, what I was trying to get a real taste for was comparing the Fi head type to the Ti head type.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm wondering if there is a difference between ENFP head types and NT head types? So far I'm seeing the xNFP head types like Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh, like Peter Pan, like Scott Pilgram, and like Doug Funny. On the other hand, I'm seeing the NT head types more like Sherlock Holmes, like Stephen Hawking, and like Cersei and Tyrion Lanaster from "Game of Thrones". NF head types tend to be in more of a fantasy land similar to the kid from "A Never Ending Story" and NT head types tend to be in almost like a science fiction/Sun Tzu style fantasy land.

I was unaware that any of these things had to do with head types in general. From my understanding head types are constantly thinking, and can't get out their head and shut off their mental chitter-chatter.

i'm not really in fantasy land. i was when i was a kid but my brain spends it's energy on analyzing real stuffs...i mean...maybe they'd be considered abstract because it's a lot of theorizing about human behavior or planning real life goals etc but it's not fantasy land. i think our brain works more like that of a psychologist and yours more of a scientist.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often question whether 7w6 is always a head type. I've noticed that the ENTP 7w6's almost always relate to the classic head type description of being constantly in their heads: always thinking, analyzing, strategizing, critiquing, etc. However, I'm starting to notice that not all the 7w6's that I meet are actually like this. In fact, many of the ENFP and especially the ESFP 7w6's that I meet don't tend to be as caught up in their heads as the ENTP 7w6's. So my question is, "Does 7w6 always have to be a head type"?

i think it's an erroneous notion to think that people belong to one or another type. id rather believe that we have different fluctuations of the 9 types (see it in percentages). that would explain why some of those 7w6s you know are not so much in their heads: maybe their 2nd highest type is a gut or feeling type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think it's an erroneous notion to think that people belong to one or another type. id rather believe that we have different fluctuations of the 9 types (see it in percentages). that would explain why some of those 7w6s you know are not so much in their heads: maybe their 2nd highest type is a gut or feeling type.

while this is probably technically true to some degree, it negates the usefulness of the enneagram if you can't narrow down the fixations you struggle with to at least core type, wing and tritype. for example, I likely have bits of 2 and 4 in me, but not enough to be of any consequence

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
while this is probably technically true to some degree, it negates the usefulness of the enneagram if you can't narrow down the fixations you struggle with to at least core type, wing and tritype. for example, I likely have bits of 2 and 4 in me, but not enough to be of any consequence

i didnt say you can't narrow them down to a core type - i didn't say all types have the same %, i talked about a fluctuation in %. i said you probably can't explain all with your core type - which is exactly what happens with you with the 2 and 4 bits.

tritype, wings etc are just a way to take into consideration that (observable) problem that one type can't explain all. it's an approximation to reality, better than 1type theory, but i wouldn't be surprised if it's not the end of the story.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um, yes, 5, 6, and 7 are head types.

As a 6w7, I would pretty much say that the 7 influence makes people seems a little more "body" maybe just because of adventurousness, but it's because we have IDEAS like things we envision or imagine we should be doing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I want to express as an SFP how an Se type expresses "head type":

We analyze past or present "real life" experiences.

We analyze our surroundings.

We envision things to DO.

That's how an Se type expresses as "head type." We live out what we read in books, see in movies or hear in songs, it's not enough for us to write stories or play video games, we have to see it or even do it ourselves.

I think Se head types are the "smarter" Se types sometimes, because we spend so much time either analyzing our environment or planning things to do that are outside of the realm of our immediate experience.

Combining Se and "head type" enneagram is basically an Se type who lives out stories or writes about the things they've lived out, or spend inordinate amounts of time analyzing the things which happen to them.

But honestly my "head thoughts" aren't very abstract, they are about money and people and the things I see around me, like the sandpipers today dwelling in the rocky coast.

I think it's why I might be good at Environmental Conservation, because I analyze what's going on around me. I see nuclear plants or chemical plants down the street and get mad. I have an ethical (Fi) response.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@The Great One
to be honest, no. I feel like a much more instinctual person than most head types. typically, I have a lot more anger than anxiety
Edit: that said, I have a reasonable amount of mental energy that I typically don't notice until I'm about to go to sleep and realize "wtf! I didn't realize my mind was moving that fast"

I think 7s in general don't fall into the specific way we understand head energy in that they don't think like 5s and 6s do, that perhaps represent a more stereotype view of the head triad. Instead the head energy of 7 is more opportunitistic as they seek possibilities as a part of gluttony, rather than thinking deeply about one or a few problems or worrying about the outcome of a problem. They just aren't what we would consider stereotypically thinker-y. As Mormotini pointed out, MBTI affects this too. My thinking is very focused on finding conceptual depth through Ni for example. Another MBTI 5 would focus on other aspects to analyze.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
i'm not really in fantasy land. i was when i was a kid but my brain spends it's energy on analyzing real stuffs...i mean...maybe they'd be considered abstract because it's a lot of theorizing about human behavior or planning real life goals etc but it's not fantasy land. i think our brain works more like that of a psychologist and yours more of a scientist.

This is probably true.

I want to express as an SFP how an Se type expresses "head type":

We analyze past or present "real life" experiences.

We analyze our surroundings.

We envision things to DO.

That's how an Se type expresses as "head type." We live out what we read in books, see in movies or hear in songs, it's not enough for us to write stories or play video games, we have to see it or even do it ourselves.

I think Se head types are the "smarter" Se types sometimes, because we spend so much time either analyzing our environment or planning things to do that are outside of the realm of our immediate experience.

Combining Se and "head type" enneagram is basically an Se type who lives out stories or writes about the things they've lived out, or spend inordinate amounts of time analyzing the things which happen to them.

But honestly my "head thoughts" aren't very abstract, they are about money and people and the things I see around me, like the sandpipers today dwelling in the rocky coast.

I think it's why I might be good at Environmental Conservation, because I analyze what's going on around me. I see nuclear plants or chemical plants down the street and get mad. I have an ethical (Fi) response.

This is probably the best post yet on this thread.