• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 6] I Just Had An Epiphany About Being a Counterphobic 6 Who Is Not An SJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
A lot of the 6 descriptions make the healthiest levels of E6 sound kind of hokey and dull and conservative, which probably means that a lot of counterphobic or even just non-Si type 6s feel a kind of revulsion toward some of the descriptions.

I know for the longest time I felt a clear identification with the "average health" levels of 6, all of the reactivity and raging against the machine sounded a lot more like me, and I thought what am I doomed to never be "healthiest" since I'm counterphobic?

Then I started working on my spiritual self (which is probably something I also desperately needed to do not just because of 6 reactivity and defensiveness, but also because of having a strong 7 wing making me distractable and escapist) because the integration of the 6 is at the zen like 9. My Fi could definitely hang with that, so I focused instead on integrating at 9 instead of those lame Boy Scout definitions of top health level 6s.

That's been working for me.

But tonight in the hipster thread I had an amazing revelation: I take popular culture VERY seriously as a reflection of society. I'm constantly scanning music, literature, and art, and all the connected variables, for their reflection of the attitudes, ethics, and politics of the current (and past) societies. It's a life-long obsession, literally something that naturally began in childhood.

I take popular culture seriously in a way that probably strikes some people as vapid or maybe pretentious, but I see it as a very genuine form human art, it's the art of the common people, it's the creative expression of what life is like in that era. You really can change people's minds with songs and pictures and books and films.

Art is power, even if it's not "high art."

So yeah I realized that I actually take a kind of childlike glee in the hipster culture, not just because it's fun or I like some of the music, but because I proudly see a reflection of my own societal values becoming mainstream (such as non-Hollywood film, creativity in music, handmade, DIY, sustainable, eco-friendly, alternative transportation, artisanal foods and beverages, anti-corporate, et al).

I realized just how fundamentally the overall hipster culture reflects a "normalization" of my own values, and to see those values start to become mainstream is a joyful thing for me. Unlike a 4, who I think maybe make up the majority of "real hipsters" who are very bitter and angry about "mainstream hipsters" and feel like they shouldn't call themselves hipsters at all.

But my thinking is, look, these cultural values aren't yours to hoard as some reflection of your own narcissistic identity, these are ideas and ethics that are good to share with others. Other people adapting to these values is a good thing. It's a happy thing.

It means the world is changing. I have played a part in building a community, that's how I feel, I feel like I've had indirect influence on helping to create a new world, and that new world, no matter how imperfect, is clearly emerging.

In a world where progressive politics and experimental music and counterculture and high valuation of that which is independent and non-corporate is actually becoming the "norm"...dude, this isn't something to complain about THIS IS PARTY TIME.

And this is what it feels like to be a healthy counterphobic 6, or to have "a moment" of high level counterphobic 6 health.

The counterphobic 6 at high health levels also delights in building community. It's just a counterculture community. The counterphobic 6 is the one building the brave new world, rather than the phobic 6 who works within an already agreed-upon conservative framework to solidify their communities.

That probably means most cult leaders are also counterphobic 6s, but I digress.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Also this is not to talk shit about 6s who are phobic, or about SJs.

To the contrary, a healthy 6 would see just how valuable those people are to carrying out the community effort and sustaining it. Those "main-streamers" are the people who are carrying out the ethics every day and applying them in the real world, slowly making the world more and more securely built to that goal.

I don't know if this all sounds a bit creepy (I'm sure it does to some types) but I feel a tremendous sense of relief realizing that the new normal is something that I consider to be a lot more ethical and healthy than what "normal" was for middle class white people when I was 10 or 12 years old.

A healthy 6 knows when to stop and smile, knows when to stop fighting and to start realizing that something wonderful is being built and that it's not always necessary to be anxious if there's nothing to worry about.

I see realistic evidence that something is being built, and that I can now build into what I love instead of constantly fearing that I'll have to tear down what I hate. Evidence of support by the Darth Vader Imperial Army of Conformist Hipsters reassures me that there will be plenty of support for progressive politics, small business, micro-breweries, independent music and film, and environmentally sustainable products and services everywhere.

This is kind of trippy. I think I'm having a real shift in consciousness here.

T

The Iron Giant

I see increasing health levels in type six as largely about dropping the destructive behaviors, like the reactivity and the irrational worrying. I agree with you that, after losing those lower behaviors and becoming more peaceful, we're a much more varied bunch than some of the descriptions suggest.

I'm happy for you on your success of self-awareness!

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Heck yeah Marm. I'm not sure if I can identify as fully CP, but I certainly have some of it in me. Not long ago I went through a long period when I was fighting so hard against the lower-management structure at work because I had a cruel, petty, unfair, and incompetent supervisor, and I felt like I was raging against the machine every day. Sometimes I would hit this low where I would wonder if I was just doomed to rage on forever and if I would never be on the upside of things - if I were just always going to be a rebel and always fighting against the tide. Especially after the supervisor was finally demoted, I was left feeling hollow and like I hadn't accomplished much. But it's not true. I've done a lot of little things to make things more positive where I work, and I like encouraging happiness and unity whenever possible. And when we finally got a better supervisor, I was even able to relax and help rebuild, which was so wonderful and incredibly surprisingly peaceful. I think I will always have a fighter spirit, but I think I can put it to work fighting for people instead of against them. I think 6s like us just have to remember to let ourselves breathe and enjoy the upside because we're so used to only seeing the endless battles for justice that still need waging. On the bright side, we'll never be rebels without a cause.

Starry

The counterphobic 6 is the one building the brave new world...

I'm totally having an *omg...someone else sees it...someone else gets it* kind of moment right now.

I have been thinking so much about counterphobia for so long... but haven't really shared my conclusions here for a variety of reasons including 1.) My conclusions are a massive departure from what you may normally end up reading about the type - which is already limited at best. And 2.) We only have a handful of members here that are truly counterphobic...and of that handful less than half even recognize this about themselves because the e6 descriptions are some of the worst of all (next to e7...with a counterphobic wing haha).

Counterphobia is one hell of a card to be dealt that is for sure... But it has been my opinion for quite some time now that it is literally a formula for *genius*. I was just speaking off-board with another counterphobic member and was using the metaphor fire. It's the fire that keeps propelling you to acquire knowledge and figure out the world. <--Oh, and I also haven't shared because my conclusions are controversial in that they take the assignment of 'genius' away from the e5s haha...and gives it to the e6cp! But after an unbelievable amount of consideration...I honestly can see it no other way. You are compelled to gather knowledge...yet the very thing that causes this compulsion in you is incredibly challenging to learn how to control and put to best use. Figure that out? Yah...you just developed a million more amazing qualities just doing that. And then on top of all of that...you have this natural desire to right wrongs...and improve conditions for those that are part of the struggle. And frankly, what good is knowledge if you are not going to use it for the greater good? So, yes. It is a formula for greatness in my mind...and I'm so happy to see someone else here that appears to share my same understanding.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm totally having an *omg...someone else sees it...someone else gets it* kind of moment right now.

I have been thinking so much about counterphobia for so long... but haven't really shared my conclusions here for a variety of reasons including 1.) My conclusions are a massive departure from what you may normally end up reading about the type - which is already limited at best. And 2.) We only have a handful of members here that are truly counterphobic...and of that handful less than half even recognize this about themselves because the e6 descriptions are some of the worst of all (next to e7...with a counterphobic wing haha).

Counterphobia is one hell of a card to be dealt that is for sure... But it has been my opinion for quite some time now that it is literally a formula for *genius*. I was just speaking off-board with another counterphobic member and was using the metaphor fire. It's the fire that keeps propelling you to acquire knowledge and figure out the world. <--Oh, and I also haven't shared because my conclusions are controversial in that they take the assignment of 'genius' away from the e5s haha...and gives it to the e6cp! But after an unbelievable amount of consideration...I honestly can see it no other way. You are compelled to gather knowledge...yet the very thing that causes this compulsion in you is incredibly challenging to learn how to control and put to best use. Figure that out? Yah...you just developed a million more amazing qualities just doing that. And then on top of all of that...you have this natural desire to right wrongs...and improve conditions for those that are part of the struggle. And frankly, what good is knowledge if you are not going to use it for the greater good? So, yes. It is a formula for greatness in my mind...and I'm so happy to see someone else here that appears to share my same understanding.

I think "fire" is excellent as a metaphor for it. I have a constant fire. But your own fire can consume you if you aren't careful.

Genius? I wish. Maybe. Like socio-political genius, perhaps.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree about heading toward 9 integration. Being CP6, I have found a very good place with my integration. Once I knew that "emotions/heart rate/mind racing feeling" when my reactivity struck was my own anxiety tapping me on the shoulder, I could control it and use those entire feelings as a conditioning response to *stop* and tell myself to think and solve - not flail. (I'm pretty convinced that CP6 reaction response is physiologically very similar to a low grade panic attack.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think "fire" is excellent as a metaphor for it. I have a constant fire. But your own fire can consume you if you aren't careful.

Yes, burning fire. Maybe this is the cp-sx connection. Fire.

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] that is a beautiful way of looking at it and very flattering... I see that aspect in myself as a world-bettering impulse, and it certainly pushes one on and on in the search for and utilization of knowledge. But it is a struggle learning to trust the world and oneself... I think that all of the enneatypes are genius in some ways, if only they didn't have the dark shadow side that drops the floor out from underneath us. 1 is the reformer constricted by their need for perfection... 2 the altruist desperate for affection... 3 the star terrified of failure... 4 the aesthete obsessed with the unreal... 5 the intellectual afraid to enact his knowledge... 7 the enthusiast unable to pause for enjoyment... 8 the protector hardened against the world... 9 the peacebringer muting both pain and joy. 6's cp side can make us sociopolitical reformers, certainly, but we hit a problem when we get to the edge of reform and are tasked with the building process, because that requires stability and a starting point, and the core problem of 6 is that we do not know how to identify or create ground to stand on...

At one point I thought of myself as an agent of Shiva, the Destroying facet of the divine world cycle of Creation - Preservation - Destruction.

Ideally I will someday be comfortable as a creator and a preserver, too.

MDP2525 said:
I'm pretty convinced that CP6 reaction response is physiologically very similar to a low grade panic attack.

Yeah, absolutely. The same fear response, unintentionally egged on by our own selves.

Starry

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] that is a beautiful way of looking at it and very flattering... I see that aspect in myself as a world-bettering impulse, and it certainly pushes one on and on in the search for and utilization of knowledge. But it is a struggle learning to trust the world and oneself...

I wonder if there is something about the world...some unknown quality or feature that triggers something deep in you...making it difficult for you to trust? I mean, 'cause that's kinda bizarre. Whenever I open up a newspaper/magazine or catch the local/evening broadcast...it's like a warm, blissful feeling rushes over me as I'm once again reminded of how fair & just & perfect things are.

I guess, I'm not understanding what you mean by the bolded. Do I trust myself to remember to pay my bills? Do I trust myself to make the proper social connections to insure my easy navigation of the workplace or community? Do I trust myself to shave my legs just prior to going to the beach? No. No, I do not. But in the aspects of character that I value I trust myself completely. I have been provided more opportunities than I would have hoped for by which to prove myself to myself. But I will go to my grave never having formed a relationship of trust with the world. And is that a bad thing? The reason I'm asking is because that quality tops my 'Why I Feel Counterphobics Have the Greatest Potential to Impact the World in a Positive Way' list.

I have seen this solution put forth many times: That the pain and distress caused by an inability to trust in the world and all its systems can only be remedied with trust. I mean, when I encounter people that, in my opinion, (whether it is true in reality or not...) appear to be blindly trusting in a certain system - I do not judge as I know the pain of the alternative. Whatever it is that allows people to do this is missing in me. And if I had 700 lifetimes by which to try and achieve this level of trust it would not develop. No spiritual undertaking has aided me in developing a trustful relationship either. So after a great deal of consideration here are my only two options left... A.) I move onto a piece of land in Indiana I believe or maybe Missouri...build a shed with scrap materials...bury my money in the backyard...and sit with my shot gun rifle across my lap...rottweilers underfoot...and smoke my corncob pipe made of an actual corncob... or B.) I learn how to live with my distrust like a mature adult by seeing it as an asset and reconciling my feelings. <--Now it is nice to have plan A to fall back on...but I'm in the process of attempting to gather myself in order to try B first because it has occurred to me that distrust is an asset. We need people that we can trust not to! There's a part of me that is highly bothered by the fact that people do not see and/or value how vital distrust and destruction is to humanity and our well-being. And if I cared to I could make an argument that a fair amount of the conflict e6cps experience stems from repeatedly being hit with the 'you are a big fat thorn in everyone's side' message...until months, years, centuries past the time the e6cp first smelled smoke...and London is now burning.

What's funny to me though skylights...is I didn't know you identified as counterphobic...haha!!! Umm...I most definitely see the e6/head-type 'gatherer of knowledge' in you and there is no doubt in my mind the world is a better place as you give of that knowledge freely but counterphobia? Wow. I'm put into a strange position because I have faith in your ability to assess who you are. But let's say today didn't happen haha. Yesterday, I would have sworn under oath that you were a phobic e6...using as evidence the fact I see higher levels of counterphobia from many of our 5w6 and 7w6 members - myself included. Yesterday, I would have confidently proclaimed 'Anyone that thinks skylights is counterphobic is high on crack.' I mean, *Starry says in a humble, non-counterphobic way* I even have a teeny, tiny, very, little, totally non-threatening trouble seeing you as an sx dom. But yah. Just throwing this out there... phobic e6ness...doesn't mean you never get mad or cause a scene.

Maybe I should make this distinction. The counterphobic individual that I'm referencing in my original post in this thread is the breed of e6cp that is...for a lack of a better word...always counterphobic. <--much like I just stated with regards to the phobics above...this doesn't mean they are never happy or calm or passive or peaceful. But there is a level of intensity there. I have encountered phobic e6s that would sooner jump off a bridge than speak out against the status quo. There are phobics that will have outbursts that appear counterphobic but are merely outbursts. There are phobics that will have episodes of counterphobia...and on and on. But the type of counterphobic that I am referring to is the type that is (pretty much) fearless as a feature of their character. I have no idea how this manifests. Perhaps someone like Blackcat knows. But we have examples of this type throughout history and even a few on this site. I imagine they dealt with their fear by literally becoming fearless.

I think that all of the enneatypes are genius in some ways

I think they are all stupid. Okay, haha...this quote may be a signal that I should include some sort of disclaimer? I think the e6cp is not appreciated for how brilliant they are and this frustrates me somewhat. The majority of them seem to courageously stand-up for what is just in my opinion - they uphold the values that are dear to me. It doesn't mean I don't think they are, at times, just as stupid as all the other e-types. (I'm kidding skylights).

6's cp side can make us sociopolitical reformers, certainly, but we hit a problem when we get to the edge of reform and are tasked with the building process, because that requires stability and a starting point, and the core problem of 6 is that we do not know how to identify or create ground to stand on...

I'm wondering if you could find some other people to help out...

8 the protector hardened against the world...
Edit: Are there e8 descriptions that identify e8 as 'Protector'? Not that e8s aren't or cannot be protective. It's just that I have only seen the titles 'Controller' and 'Challenger' for e8. It is the e6cp that generally receives the title of 'Protector.' 'Protector, Defender (of the underdog), Justice-Fighter'
The only reason I make mention of this is due to the high mistype 'rate' between the two. IOW...most e6cp end up believing they are e8. But perhaps I have missed something.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just wanting to point out that 5 and 6 seek different kinds of knowledge and understanding so claiming one is better than the other is quite fallacious in my opinion. Both perspectives got their uses in different contexts.

Starry

Just wanting to point out that 5 and 6 seek different kinds of knowledge and understanding so claiming one is better than the other is quite fallacious in my opinion. Both perspectives got their uses in different contexts.

Oh dear. See, I was under impression that this Monday in the United States (which is where this site hales from) we were honoring the people that made/make it possible for me to freely share any opinion I may have with regards to e5 & e6. So, for example, if I wanted to say that I thought 'all INTJ e5s seem especially arrogant and appear to over-identify with the intellectual qualities the descriptions assign to them even in instances where it is clearly not warranted' - I could say that. But that's not really what you're saying right? You are in fact sharing your opinion of my ideas right? Calling them 'fallacious' which sounds a little obscene. Boy, I sure hope I didn't hurt your feelings strike a nerve.

How strange though that the parts of your post you are presenting as factual haven't been part of my experience. I have an e5 and an e6 in my family...and they appear to seek out the same knowledge and often collaborate in intellectual ventures. The only difference is the e6 actually leaves the home and like 'does things' to try and make the world a better place. <--Which warranted the label of genius in my opinion. Maybe if you hadn't felt personally affronted you would have understood my meaning there.

But yah...I've never been introduced to the facts you are putting forth and would be interested in hearing more about them. What you say must make things especially confusing for the 5w6 and 6w5.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh dear. See, I was under impression that this Monday in the United States (which is where this site hales from) we were honoring the people that made/make it possible for me to freely share any opinion I may have with regards to e5 & e6.
I never said you weren't allowed to express your opinion, did I? Just like you have the right to express your opinion, so do I. And I simply chose to disagree with you.
So, for example, if I wanted to say that I thought 'all INTJ e5s seem especially arrogant and appear to over-identify with the intellectual qualities the descriptions assign to them even in instances where it is clearly not warranted' - I could say that.

You are free to express such sentiments and I will in an equal manner choose to disagree when I see fit because I have the right to do that.
But that's not really what you're saying right? You are in fact sharing your opinion of my ideas right? Calling them 'fallacious' which sounds a little obscene. Boy, I sure hope I didn't hurt your feelings strike a nerve.

It is fallacious because it is a logical fallacy or if you prefer it like that, a logically fallacious position to claim. If you choose to insert value judgements in that... be my guest.
How strange though that the parts of your post you are presenting as factual haven't been part of my experience. I have an e5 and an e6 in my family...and they appear to seek out the same knowledge and often collaborate in intellectual ventures. The only difference is the e6 actually leaves the home and like 'does things' to try and make the world a better place. <--Which warranted the label of genius in my opinion. Maybe if you hadn't felt personally affronted you would have understood my meaning there.

This here is you simply inserting value judgement that you value this kind of behavior more than the knowledge and understanding the E5 seeks. But I could equally point out all the potential E5s in science and how their knowledge-seek has been equally important both in the realms of philosophy and scientific discovery so we can lead the lives we happen to lead today.
But yah...I've never been introduced to the facts you are putting forth and would be interested in hearing more about them. What you say must make things especially confusing for the 5w6 and 6w5.

Why must they be more confusing for an E5 and an E6? A 5 is a 5, a 6 is a 6, regardless of wing. If anything, I think someone who struck a nerve here was I, for you to respond to me in this manner to begin with. I do not understand why people inject value judgements that "type X is better" as if this is a universal truth when it clearly is not. All types are as valued for what they contribute with in society. What they contribute with clearly differs, but it doesn't mean it's any less valued. It is simply of different value. That you personally fail to see or do not see the value of what another type contributes with is simply evidence of your personal bias. Nothing more, nothing less.

Starry

You are free to express such sentiments and I will in an equal manner choose to disagree when I see fit because I have the right to do that.

Thank you so much for spelling this all out for me. I mean, this has always been my understanding and was precisely what I said in my response... But it appears it was quite important for you on some level to ignore that...and then say it all back to me as if it were you that originally had this thought and I that needed convincing of it. And that's okay. I still appreciate it all the same. :hug:

This here is you simply inserting value judgement that you value this kind of behavior more than the knowledge and understanding the E5 seeks. But I could equally point out all the potential E5s in science and how their knowledge-seek has been equally important both in the realms of philosophy and scientific discovery so we can lead the lives we happen to lead today.

Here again as well. Thank you for taking the time to point out that I was doing exactly what I indicated I was doing. You really are easy to work with.

Why must they be more confusing for an E5 and an E6? A 5 is a 5, a 6 is a 6, regardless of wing. If anything, I think someone who struck a nerve here was I, for you to respond to me in this manner to begin with. I do not understand why people inject value judgements that "type X is better" as if this is a universal truth when it clearly is not. All types are as valued for what they contribute with in society. What they contribute with clearly differs, but it doesn't mean it's any less valued. It is simply of different value. That you personally fail to see or do not see the value of what another type contributes with is simply evidence of your personal bias. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh whoops no, here you got it wrong. You will just have to trust me when I say your comments leave me quite emotionless. Especially since you start to lose credibility when you keep shifting back and forth between 'giving me permission to share my individual opinion' and 'calling on the logical fallacy Gods because I am somehow presenting my individual opinion as if it is an universal truth.' This is strange to me and I still wonder if emotion is clouding your judgment. Well, I still thank you for your contributions (?) and please take good care of yourself all the same.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you so much for spelling this all out for me. I mean, this has always been my understanding and was precisely what I said in my response... But it appears it was quite important for you on some level to ignore that...and then say it all back to me as if it were you that originally had this thought and I that needed convincing of it. And that's okay. I still appreciate it all the same. :hug:

You are absolutely welcome!:wub:
Here again as well. Thank you for taking the time to point out that I was doing exactly what I indicated I was doing. You really are easy to work with.

Yes, Te is fantastic that way, don't you think?
Oh whoops no, here you got it wrong. You will just have to trust me when I say your comments leave me quite emotionless.

Well, that's good, because I didn't want you to get emotionally upset. It tends to be difficult to hold a rational discussion with people who are emotionally upset and start injecting value judgements into their arguments.

Especially since you start to lose credibility when you keep shifting back and forth between 'giving me permission to share my individual opinion' and 'calling on the logical fallacy Gods because I am somehow presenting my individual opinion as if it is an universal truth.'

Everyone has the right to express their opinion. It doesn't mean the opinion must be of logical nature. Logically then, it also assumes that everyone has the right to express their opinion that some people are in fact, not expressing opinions that are of logical nature, no?

This is strange to me and I still wonder if emotion is clouding our judgment. Well, I still thank you for your contributions (?) and please take good care of yourself all the same.

Our? I thought we were both fully grown and rational adults. And sure, I will, and same to you!

Flatlander

Fair and Square
MBTI Type
iNtj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You will just have to trust me when I say your comments leave me quite emotionless.

jedi-mind-trick-o.gif

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
With the way I type...I'm surprised to have provided you with a even partial word with which to comment on. I have edited in case you wanted to check for meaning. Thanks!

For the sake of clarity, spelling is important. Although please enlighten me, when do I appear as emotional to you? I seem to be unable to see this within myself.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm a Phobic 6 I would say. Although this was a really interesting read.

One opinion I will venture, is that whenever I consider the idea of improving the world around me in some way, i'm consistently struck by the notion that I had better produce some of it myself and it is selfish to dream or imagine improvement or betterment, only to wait for others to pick up on it.

I suppose that stems from anxiety....but it can be a great motivator. Unfortunately sometimes being comfortable can be an obstacle to that intention.

So I remind myself that it is occasionally better to be uncomfortable now, for a future that will be comfortable for others.

Starry

For the sake of clarity, spelling is important. Although please enlighten me, when do I appear as emotional to you? I seem to be unable to see this within myself.

I agree with regards to the spelling which is why it is something that has always annoyed me about my own typing.

You accused me of being logically fallacious. And because I feel any straightforward reading of my posts in this thread would/should render that kind of accusation absurd (I even state that my ideas are controversial...as in...'I would be super surprised if anyone shared my opinion')... my mind automatically starts to account for why you would arrive at such a conclusion. Most often when I see this kind of misunderstanding occur it is because the other person has some sort of stake in the matter. And is moved to act rather than seek clarification by an emotional response that 'stake' creates within them. While I cannot be certain...I certainly cannot rule out that that is what happened with you. Seeing that your comment specifically referenced e5s...it appeared to me that you may have been insulted in that regard. Which if this is so I completely understand. If you find my opinion offensive...browse the site. I have been here for some time and for every 1 semi-negative opinion held against an e5...I'm quite certain you will find 1,936,458,023 wholly-negative opinions held against e7s. None of this, however, magically turns my opinion into something that is logically fallacious.

Speaking of logical fallacy though...
Did you know that only 1 out of every 10 INTJs recognizes that they are, in fact, 6w5 as opposed to 5w4 or 5w6? Do you know why this is? I do.