• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 7] E7 wrestlessness

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Are E7's constantly restless? Or is it periodic but frequent? Does the need to get up and do stuff exist on a constant level? Or does that have to do with level of health?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
...no.

(assuming i am correctly typed as a 7)

Have you had doubts on your type? Just in talking to you my original impression was 8w9 before you ever said 7.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm fairly restless. I need to exercise for 3-4 times a week to be "calm", otherwise I just have this energy I somehow need to spend.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
endlessly - feel free to contribute

what made you think 8w9? plus, aren't 8s all "i'm invulnerable" and crap?
...i can be a whiny emo with his hearts on his sleeves (one mine, one gained in victory :p ).

Eh, Idunno. I can be whiny emo too. This is the internet bro, where fear doesn't exist, where the biggest pussies suddenly become brave and the most guarded badass people can admit that they think about singing to flowers and dancing with kangaroos.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm fairly restless. I need to exercise for 3-4 times a week to be "calm", otherwise I just have this energy I somehow need to spend.

So how do you think that differs from 8w7? I'm actually the same way as you described, but that energy is more frustration with built up stressors.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Idunno [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION], this is the image that comes to mind when you talk to me over vent

S

Society

hahaha, are you sure it's not just the heavy accent and big-guy voice?

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I relate to this. Ideally, I like to hit the gym and work myself hard five times a week. Sometimes my erratic work tasks interfere with this, though, so I've had to be flexible in my planning and get my exercise when I can.

So how do you think that differs from 8w7? I'm actually the same way as you described, but that energy is more frustration with built up stressors.

I'd describe what I feel as nervous, internal energy.

It can come from built-up stress and frustration, and working out always helps with that, but the truth is that this fuel is always going to be there no matter what's happening in my life. I have to burn off the excess.

It comes from somewhere inside. I often can't sleep unless I feel physically exhausted; my mind doesn't shut off otherwise. Even sitting at my computer, I compulsively get up and move around every ten minutes.

I can be really scattered. Lately, I seem able to truly focus my energy only when doing anything hockey-related. I sometimes feel as though I'm in a state of meditation, then.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I relate to this. Ideally, I like to hit the gym and work myself hard five times a week. Sometimes my erratic work tasks interfere with this, though, so I've had to be flexible in my planning and get my exercise when I can.

I'd describe what I feel as nervous, internal energy.

It can come from built-up stress and frustration, and working out always helps with that, but the truth is that this fuel is always going to be there no matter what's happening in my life. I have to burn off the excess.

It comes from somewhere inside. I often can't sleep unless I feel physically exhausted; my mind doesn't shut off otherwise. Even sitting at my computer, I compulsively get up and move around every ten minutes.

I can be really scattered. Lately, I seem able to truly focus my energy only when doing anything hockey-related. I sometimes feel as though I'm in a state of meditation, then.

my god, that sounds like hell. I sleep like a rock unless its christmas the next morning.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my god, that sounds like hell. I sleep like a rock unless its christmas the next morning.

Haha, yeah. It can be rough when I need to be awake early in the day, but I usually manage to function. The exercise helps a lot, and so does napping, if I can. Heavy exercise + immediate food = best way to get myself to pass out for a little bit.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha, yeah. It can be rough when I need to be awake early in the day, but I usually manage to function. The exercise helps a lot, and so does napping, if I can. Heavy exercise + immediate food = best way to get myself to pass out for a little bit.

^you forgot sex

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13377]pinkgraffiti[/MENTION] - Of course, what was I thinking?! Workout, sex, food. Two-hour coma.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't know. I guess I do feel restless fairly often. I get restless when I get bored. I get bored whenever I'm not intellectually stimulated. I'm not intellectually stimulated whenever one of the gazillion "projects" I'm working on gets completed or flatlines.

wight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This is more true of my intellectual life than external/physical one. I'm not that into going out just for the sake of going out.