User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Edit: briefly on counterphobic vs phobic relationship testing... whether it is a legitimate concern or something that was either semi-fabricated or completely-fabricated (haha) by *e6 paranoia*...a counterphobic most often comes right-out and blames the other directly...sometimes dramatically...and awfully loudly haha. What I primarily see with phobics is classic passive-aggressive behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I am counterphobic as well but not as much anymore. I don't identify with an 8 at all, and I can take no for an answer. I can't stand the thought of 7 *shivers* so I wont consider it. lol ( I think I have a very bad pre-concieved notion of E7's) They rub me the wrong way. (could be a shadow though)

You know, perhaps I spoke too soon with regards to the whole e6 vs e8 thing. Haha!

When I read over your response...I'm struck by just how different our understandings are - of the various aspects of personality theory which I will henceforth attribute to your e7 shadow (<--I'm kidding haha.) And since I'm without a keyboard at this moment...I'll merely make this one correction.

I do believe you are a Te Dom. I just believe that position is shared or followed very closely by Ne. I do see the 'ExTJ' in you. We just have completely different theories as to how all that is manifesting in you (I won't call this member to the thread as she will probably be so confused... but read some posts by the user Maybe.) If nothing ever changes for you I think you have yourself as decently typed as the next guy. My post was merely an 'If...then' offering for something I see and believe to be true about you.

Yes...I agree with Amargith. Have a lovely evening!

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post

You know, perhaps I spoke too soon with regards to the whole e6 vs e8 thing. Haha!

When I read over your response...I'm struck by just how different our understandings are - of the various aspects of personality theory which I will henceforth attribute to your e7 shadow (<--I'm kidding haha.) And since I'm without a keyboard at this moment...I'll merely make this one correction.

I do believe you are a Te Dom. I just believe that position is shared or followed very closely by Ne. I do see the 'ExTJ' in you. We just have completely different theories as to how all that is manifesting in you (I won't call this member to the thread as she will probably be so confused... but read some posts by the user Maybe.) If nothing ever changes for you I think you have yourself as decently typed as the next guy. My post was merely an 'If...then' offering for something I see and believe to be true about you.

Yes...I agree with Amargith. Have a lovely evening!
    wow ha ha woops. I didn't even look at what enneagram you were. I was really talking about the E7's I've met in real life. I just have not been able to understand them. I don't know if you took that as a passive aggressive attack but I didn't mean that to be any of the sort. I was actually just stating my impression of E7's, and that I don't think I am one because of my experience with them. YOU don't rub me the wrong way at all. I like you! and appreciate the work you've put in to our convo. I actually hope you're not going to write me off now. When I say pre concieved notion, that's me also looking for feedback.(wanting to know if the notion I have of them is correct or if you think that it may be off) I have probably just been around pretty unhealthy 7's.

And our understandings probably are very different. I will take a look at Maybe's posts. It seems like you put more emphasis on the functions is that correct?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Haha I see.

Also I just wanted to say, I don't sense the social instinct from you as much because you seem to be more self disclosing than someone with so in thier first or second stackings. I get the feeling that they tend to hold back. You are very sx'y to me. They don't seem to hold back.
    Look at the sx dom thread. There is a video of myself on that thread. Why don't you check it out, and tell me what you think?

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Look at the sx dom thread. There is a video of myself on that thread. Why don't you check it out, and tell me what you think?
    Gah.

Well you definately have Fe. in your first 4 functions. The video does make me think more on the so side...I'm not sure yet. I will have to look at more.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Gah.

Well you definately have Fe. in your first 4 functions. The video does make me think more on the so side...I'm not sure yet. I will have to look at more.
    Yeah no one seems to think that I'm social last, and no one thinks I'm sx last.

Stansmith

So/Sx

I fear:

-Being bored

-Being boring

-Being unattractive

-Being unlikeable

-Being mediocre or average in terms of appearance, sense of style, taste, etc. I like people to go "damn" when I enter a room and feel kind of pissed when someone else beats me in that department.

-Being lonely

-Being poor

-Being deprived

-being unfulfilled

-Being a corporate slave or buttmonkey, or just an irrelevant, interchangeable piece of a system.

-Being just some guy

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    So/Sx

I fear:

-Being bored

-Being boring

-Being unattractive

-Being unlikeable

-Being mediocre or average in terms of appearance, sense of style, taste, etc. I like people to go "damn" when I enter a room and feel kind of pissed when someone else beats me in that department.

-Being lonely

-Being poor

-Being deprived

-being unfulfilled

-Being a corporate slave or buttmonkey, or just an irrelevant, interchangeable piece of a system.

-Being just some guy
    I don't wish this either…
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

So/Sx

I fear:

-Being bored

-Being boring

-Being unattractive

-Being unlikeable

-Being lonely

-Being poor

-Being deprived

-being unfulfilled

-Being just some guy
    It's interesting that you say that you fear not being liked. I wouldn't say that I fear not being liked as much as I would say that I fear "being hated". I fear getting on the wrong side of people in the work setting especially because I know that I can use people that I have report with in order to get promotions and to get out of trouble if need be. I guess that I'm actually using this to meet sp needs not SO needs now that I think about it.

But Stan don't you also fear things like getting cancer, or getting a broken arm, or becoming handicapped, getting disfigured, or losing a limb for example?

Stansmith

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    It's interesting that you say that you fear not being liked. I wouldn't say that I fear not being liked as much as I would say that I fear "being hated". I fear getting on the wrong side of people in the work setting especially because I know that I can use people that I have report with in order to get promotions and to get out of trouble if need be. I guess that I'm actually using this to meet sp needs not SO needs now that I think about it.

But Stan don't you also fear things like getting cancer, or getting a broken arm, or becoming handicapped, getting disfigured, or losing a limb for example?
    Lol nah. Stuff like that is just like, irrelevant to me. I might see some guy in a wheelchair and just think "wow, I'd hate to be in that situation", and then my mind goes elsewhere.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Lol nah. Stuff like that is just like, irrelevant to me. I might see some guy in a wheelchair and just think "wow, I'd hate to be in that situation", and then my mind goes elsewhere.
    Let me give you an example of something that recently happened to me, that scarred the absolute shit out of me. Let's see if you think that it would affect you in the same way that it affected me...

So the other day I was driving down the road and saw a big turtle in the middle of the road and didn't want to run it over. Therefore, I pulled over, and went to pick the turtle up so that it wouldn't be killed. However when I went over to it, I noticed that the turtle had a more triangular head and not a round one like I was used to seeing turtles have. Anyway, the turtle then tried to bite me, but I moved the hell out of the way before it could. It turned out that the turtle was a snapping turtle. I then said, "Fuck it" and just got back in the car and drove off.

After that though, I was absolutely freaking out because I then thought to myself, "Holy shit! I bet that thing could bite my finger off!" So I looked it up and sure enough I found out that the turtles can EASILY bite your finger off, and have done so to many throughout the ages. I was literally freaking out about this situation for the rest of the day because I realized that I came so close to potentially getting my finger bitten off. How would you have reacted in this situation?