User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 73

  1. #11
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Oh, well, I didn't really mean to imply that you could be Sp/So, what you said just reminded me of how my mom is, and she happens to be that type. It could easily just be a Sp thing. But haha I totally used to do that waiting around for guys stuff too! I'd pose myself just right... and then wait for the encounter... lmao... and then later I learned that it's way more fun and natural to NOT do that!
    Yes, natural is better lol That's y I have to shove my impulses in the corner and disregard them lol

    Do you think that motivation is sx? Cause I feel like it is.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  2. #12
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    The difference is that sp-doms will be really focused on, and direct a lot of mental energy to, survival needs - food, housing, finances, clothing, transportation, hygiene, and so on. While other 6 variants will probably still maintain those things to some degree, they won't focus on them nearly as much.
    Thanks for your response, I'm so glad to have these examples to share with my friend! I'm sure she'll find them helpful in determining her instinctual variants! In my opinion, I don't think she sounds Sp dom then (but not Sp last either).

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post

    This is SUCH a good question. ha ha

    I ask myself this all the time. Why? Cause I'm a 6. ha get it? We are proned to self doubt. ha ..ha..

    Anyways I always come up with the same answer.

    Here's an example:

    The other day I went to my friends house. They just bought two snapping turtles. So anytime I was in the room with these turtles I was plagued cause I was concerned ( for no damn reason) that they'd get out. I went by the tank every now and then to count them lol...that's how damn anxiety stricken I can be. (Of Course I did it when no one could see...you learn to do these things because others do not understand lol) So I only see one. And then my friend walks into the room and I asked them how many they were supposed to have. And they told me and I kept looking, and as I am, my friend sort of made some kind of gasp sound. For some reason I took this as a "Gasp there's one behind you" Kinda thing. lol...(which there wasn't) I finally saw the second one under a log in the tank. So I told my friend (isfp 9w8 so/sx) that I thought they were going to say it was behind me. And the conversation led to me wanting to know if the turtle was out because I don't want it to bite me. And he wanted to know if the turtle was out because he would be concerned for the turtle.

    THAT LITERALLY NEVER CAME TO MY MIND. I was concerned about preserving myself. In literal terms. That's how I know I have sp first. I will not become an EMT cause I have sp first...stuff like that.
    Thanks for your response too, and for sharing an example! I see your point here, and haven't observed anything like that kind of anxiety from my friend. I'm really interested to see what she thinks though. Thanks again both of you, your insight is much appreciated!
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  3. #13
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Thanks for your response, I'm so glad to have these examples to share with my friend! I'm sure she'll find them helpful in determining her instinctual variants! In my opinion, I don't think she sounds Sp dom then (but not Sp last either).



    Thanks for your response too, and for sharing an example! I see your point here, and haven't observed anything like that kind of anxiety from my friend. I'm really interested to see what she thinks though. Thanks again both of you, your insight is much appreciated!
    Yea the anxiety for me is that I'm a really phobic 6, and the sp part is that when I'm scared or concerned about something I think about my safety first. and cause i'm sx second the other ppl I care A LOT about. this particular ISFP I've had a history with and I am starting to slowly decrease the amount of time we spend together cause of how he's hurt me. If there was someone in the room I really cared for like close family friends or a helpless baby lol I would be concerned for them. ha ha. But this guy can take care of himself. Where I would think an so would think about everyone in the room out of "duty" or something like that.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  4. #14
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    I have a question about 6 and instinctual variants. I have a friend who, after some investigation, believes she is a 6w7. She's now trying to determine her instinctual variants and automatically tested as Sp first. Isn't that pretty common though for a 6? Just as it would be common for a 4 to type pretty high Sx? I myself had to read a crap ton of info about Sx before I accepted it as truly my strongest instinct, and not just my 4-ness.

    So my question (in short) is: How does a 6 know if they are truly Sp first, or just a 6? Could it be that they only seem Sp because of their 6 tendencies?

    Also, what does an So first or Sx first 6 look like? @skylights, I believe you are So/Sx. That's the type I suspect my aforementioned friend is. Did you struggle with just typing as Sp first because of your 6-ness or did you identify with So/Sx right away?

    All thoughts welcome, thanks! -^_^-
    Yeah I'm struggling with finding my variants as well. However I can answer your questions as to what the various types of 6 look like, but this of course can vary with their various heart and gut fixes. Generally 6w7's that are sx/sp either can look emo if they have a four fix and they look like the goth chick from "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" or if they have a 9 fix they look like Marilyn Monroe. Sp/sx 6w7's are generally phobic and look like the fat guy Sam from "Game of Thrones" or like Scott Pilgrim. Sp/so 6w7's are generally the most phobic of all and look like Howie Mandel or like Ray Romano. On the other hand 6w7's that are so/sp look a lot like 3w2's IMO. Examples of so/sp 6w7's are Jay Leno, Adam Carolla, and John Stuart. Sx/so 6w7's are generally bat shit crazy and look like Linsay Lohan and Anna Nicole Smith. The 6w7 so/sx often look like 2w3's and look like @skylights and like @AffirmitiveAnxiety.

  5. #15
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Inari Love
    I'm 6w5 sp/sx

    I fear death, I have a random ass fear of being in the dark alone that's frankly carried on for too long. I have overcome it a little within the last year mostly by reading and practicing what Byron Katie talks about in her book Loving What Is. I used to not go out past dark. It was debilitating. I still have a hard time too. For some reason I'm afraid of either someone attacking/killing/threatening me or some kinda animal with rabies attacking me in the middle of the night. If there are other people with me that I trust and that I know are intellegent I don't fear it. So maybe it's not the dark, maybe I'm afraid of but being alone? I'm still trying to figure that out. I love being alone in the day though.

    I have a fear of growing old and ending up like my parents (old, sick, no money for retirement). I have a fear when it comes to any kind of illness. I panic when I see blood and I start to loose circulation to my head...I haven't fainted yet tho. And anytime I'm sick or in pain I am scared it will last forever, also scared that I'm not diagnosing it properly...which leads back to fear of death.

    as for the sx part...I'm realizing more and more how impulsive I am. It's to the point I ignore my own well being. So quite often I'm in situations where I've broken up with a person and still have sex with them even though I know my feelings are going to be hurt afterward cause they don't really care about me. I dunno if that's sx or what but it bothers me. I'm only really motivated and impulsy when it comes to relationships though...I wish I could use that impulse to a better use...like "oh I gotta floss right now" but I don't lol I'm actually trying to balance that out currently in my life. It's hard.
    You aren't alone in your fears. I often worry about being in dark places as well: I worry about being attacked, robbed, killed, and yes, even being raped. I often worry about some huge guy that just got out of prison raping me and giving me an std. This terrifies me because it would seriously limit my potential mates and also if it gave me aids, it could kill me. In fact, when I get more money I'm gonna join a gym and get ripped like I used to be. I thought about taking a very street based martial art like Krav Maga as well to learn to protect myself.

    I also worry about growing old like you as well, but for different reasons: I tend to worry about my appearance being ruined and getting old, nasty, and leathery skin. I also worry about getting so old that it's hard to find a hot young mate. In fact, this absolutely terrifies me! I want to look like fucking George Clooney when I'm older! Speaking of that, I'm also terrified of anything that could disfigure me: fire, blades, bullets, acid, etc. These things all scare the hell out of me.

    I also agree with you that I freak out when I have health problems. When I have health problems I worry that I won't get better or that the condition will be permanent. This literally has me worrying all the time. I'm also afraid of certain animals like you are too. I fear big dogs especially that could disfigure my appearance if I was to bitten by them. I also fear big snakes that could wrap around my neck and kill me.

  6. #16
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Yes, natural is better lol That's y I have to shove my impulses in the corner and disregard them lol

    Do you think that motivation is sx? Cause I feel like it is.
    I have impulses so bad right now that I'm seeing a shrink to get rid of them. My impulses could literally get me thrown in jail!

  7. #17
    Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Inari Love


    You aren't alone in your fears. I often worry about being in dark places as well: I worry about being attacked, robbed, killed, and yes, even being raped. I often worry about some huge guy that just got out of prison raping me and giving me an std. This terrifies me because it would seriously limit my potential mates and also if it gave me aids, it could kill me. In fact, when I get more money I'm gonna join a gym and get ripped like I used to be. I thought about taking a very street based martial art like Krav Maga as well to learn to protect myself.

    I also worry about growing old like you as well, but for different reasons: I tend to worry about my appearance being ruined and getting old, nasty, and leathery skin. I also worry about getting so old that it's hard to find a hot young mate. In fact, this absolutely terrifies me! I want to look like fucking George Clooney when I'm older! Speaking of that, I'm also terrified of anything that could disfigure me: fire, blades, bullets, acid, etc. These things all scare the hell out of me.

    I also agree with you that I freak out when I have health problems. When I have health problems I worry that I won't get better or that the condition will be permanent. This literally has me worrying all the time. I'm also afraid of certain animals like you are too. I fear big dogs especially that could disfigure my appearance if I was to bitten by them. I also fear big snakes that could wrap around my neck and kill me.


    The first paragrapgh seems like sp fears. The second paragraph are so fears. And if the reasons for the fears in the last paragragh( the dog, and snakes) is because of how you will look, then also so fears. I am a short girl I'm only 5" so this plays a big role in why I'm scared of getting attacked, killed, or raped probably. I've been learning a little MMA and self defense here and there to get my head in the right place, for things like that.

    Most men grow up to be handsome. On the other hand, I'm scared of losing too much weight and looking older and unattractive because women usually grow to be less attractive. At least that's the pre-concieved notion in America.

    I don't like acid, fire, blades, or bullets (in that order) either. Acid and fire especially. I freak right the hell out. And that goes back to fear of death. I'm not particularly scared of dogs because I understand them now. I have learned that fear usually is sprouted by the unknown. So the more information I know about something usually the better ( unless it has to do with an illness. Like I don't want to know anything more about ebola than I have to) But me and snakes...we koo





    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah I'm struggling with finding my variants as well. However I can answer your questions as to what the various types of 6 look like, but this of course can vary with their various heart and gut fixes. Generally 6w7's that are sx/sp either can look emo if they have a four fix and they look like the goth chick from "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" or if they have a 9 fix they look like Marilyn Monroe. Sp/sx 6w7's are generally phobic and look like the fat guy Sam from "Game of Thrones" or like Scott Pilgrim. Sp/so 6w7's are generally the most phobic of all and look like Howie Mandel or like Ray Romano. On the other hand 6w7's that are so/sp look a lot like 3w2's IMO. Examples of so/sp 6w7's are Jay Leno, Adam Carolla, and John Stuart. Sx/so 6w7's are generally bat shit crazy and look like Linsay Lohan and Anna Nicole Smith. The 6w7 so/sx often look like 2w3's and look like @skylights and like @AffirmitiveAnxiety.
    Ohhhh, Can you do one on 6w5's???? that's me! 6w5 p. sp/sx

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I have impulses so bad right now that I'm seeing a shrink to get rid of them. My impulses could literally get me thrown in jail!
    That's sx. I'm thankful that I'm able to dwindle mine down, and as long as I distract myself or learn why I have the urge and replace it I'm good. But with men, I can't forget it. I am taken control of and it's so painful to follow stupid social bullshit for me. The next person I date is going to have to be sx first.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

    Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

  8. #18
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    As far as I know, I am 6w5 sp/so. My big fears are- we'll stick to the big-picture things- failure by either my own or others' standards, rejection, death...I'll post again if I think of anything else of significance.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

    "I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

    ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?


    Johari Nohari

    https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

  9. #19
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Yeah I'm struggling with finding my variants as well. However I can answer your questions as to what the various types of 6 look like, but this of course can vary with their various heart and gut fixes. Generally 6w7's that are sx/sp either can look emo if they have a four fix and they look like the goth chick from "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" or if they have a 9 fix they look like Marilyn Monroe. Sp/sx 6w7's are generally phobic and look like the fat guy Sam from "Game of Thrones" or like Scott Pilgrim. Sp/so 6w7's are generally the most phobic of all and look like Howie Mandel or like Ray Romano. On the other hand 6w7's that are so/sp look a lot like 3w2's IMO. Examples of so/sp 6w7's are Jay Leno, Adam Carolla, and John Stuart. Sx/so 6w7's are generally bat shit crazy and look like Linsay Lohan and Anna Nicole Smith. The 6w7 so/sx often look like 2w3's and look like @skylights and like @AffirmitiveAnxiety.
    Ooooh, interesting. I'm horrible with celebrities so I'm not sure who my friend most compares to. ? From these descriptions I know she isn't Sx first at least, she's not alternative, a troubled bimbo, or crying out for attention-- though she's middle to higher health levels (do these descriptions take health into account?). I gave her the link to this thread, so I'll be interested to hear what she thinks-- thank you!

    -post celeb googling-

    I'm thinking So/Sp or So/Sx.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  10. #20
    Senior Member Forever_Jung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    As an e6 sp/sx, I've always been anxious about my home being safe, and my loved ones within the home being safe.

    When I was little I would lie awake at night playing out different scenarios, trying to mentally prepare myself for them (What if an armed person breaks into our home? How will I protect all my stuffed animals if there's a fire? Is the closet too obvious of a hiding place from an invasion of pirates?). I would often wake my mom up to run all these contingencies by her, and while I can remember her being clearly exasperated, she could usually talk me down to some extent.

    These days, I notice I see new people as threats to my environment that need to either be avoided or befriended. But if there are just too many "threats" at the same time (large gatherings of people), I tend to just hide out.

    I remember when I lived in residence at University, I was viscerally afraid of the parties the students would have in the hallways. They would all be screaming, and grinding, and smashing things, while their electro-tribal music thudded ominously. I was sure that the music was inciting them to even greater heights of orgiastic destruction. And the only thing standing between me and those animals was my cheap old room door. The little lock on the doorknob never seemed sufficient.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] What types are your family and friends?
    By Urchin in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 987
    Last Post: 12-08-2017, 07:04 PM
  2. What are your expectations and biggest fear in a relationship ?
    By *RisaRay* in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-28-2017, 10:04 PM
  3. [MBTItm] What are your thoughts and opinions on the collective unconscious ?
    By VicDaMan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2017, 12:25 AM
  4. [E6] Enneagram 6: What are your variants and what scares you?
    By The Great One in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM
  5. [ISFJ] isfj: what are your hobbies and interest?
    By jcloudz in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO