User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Default Gut types having difficulty explaining their decisions?

Do gut types have difficulty explaining why they make decisions past "It seemed like a good idea?"

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Not really, no. Usually when I make a decision it's because I feel it's the best choice I've got at the time.

Now, I may have a hard time being patient enough or have thought a decision through further enough...but explaining it? Nah, I'm pretty good at that

But that's me!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Dunno if Im a gut type or not, and at the rate poeple are answering my type me thread I never will.

But lets just say I used to be this way, but learned to justify my actions with logic, which is the only thing people understand(or maybe I know too many sixes).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Dunno if Im a gut type or not, and at the rate poeple are answering my type me thread I never will.

But lets just say I used to be this way, but learned to justify my actions with logic, which is the only thing people understand(or maybe I know too many sixes).
    ha. No one in my life understands logic, only emotions that are pounded into their thick skulls.

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks Kayness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI

Not at all (and you're an INFP type 4..???)
    9w1 4w5 5w4 sp/sx RCUAI
    art blog
    Twitter

"I set about seeking a style in the realm of legend. Something that might allow me to give free rein to my juvenile sense of romanticism and the beautiful image"
    - Leni Riefenstahl
    [/CENTER]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Ummmmm maybe? I'm not sure? Because I wanted to?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

not really. I know that I've made an awful lot of decisions that wouldn't make sense to others, but I'm always pretty aware of my motivations. at least in hindsight.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

A hard time articulating to others our reasoning behind decisions, or a hard time understanding why we decided it for ourselves?

It depends. For me, anyway.

In the absence of a well-meaning, well-trusted other to do it for me, little, everyday, mostly inconsequential decisions are made using my super scientific method of mentally (or literally, as in the case of deciding among equally appealing options at a restaurant) shutting my eyes and putting my finger somewhere.

Big Ass Life Decisions? I could write an essay explaining my reasoning (provided I've actually made a decision at all yet ).

Any difficulty is met with during the decision-making process--not in explaining it afterward (whether it's to others [if they have the time and interest, hehe] or to myself). If someone were to ask me to explain what's going on in my head during that process, it'd certainly be hard to get it out it in any coherent, sensible way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

@Tabula

inarticulation for in the moment decisions, or in the moment political decisions.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Hm.

I can always explain it reasonably after I've had time to dissect my motivations and translate the vague, gut-in-nature criteria on which I based those decisions into words, but were someone to ask me immediately following one of the in-the-moment decisons, it would probably come out as some variation of "seemed like a good idea at the time" (unless I absolutely needed to save face, in which case, I'd enlist the aid of my handy BS-ing skills to make up a very reasonable justification which may or may not be reflective of my motivation, horrible as that is).